09-13-2011 09:25 PM
35 12
tools
    Wirefly Review

09-07-2011 06:01 PM
    Video is Meh...but hopefully this means we'll see some real reviews soon.
    09-07-2011 06:12 PM
    Video is Meh...but hopefully this means we'll see some real reviews soon.
    Hehe I don't disagree, but at least it's something to wet our whistles.

Even this guy is hung up on WVGA vs. qHD. Yet he fails to mention that the SAMOLED+ screen has 50% more sub-pixels. Ah well, I'm not going to get into the resolution debate again.

Nice to see the Mali-400MP GPU on the Quadrant system information. Some visual confirmation there, along with the ARMv7 architecture on the CPU. Definitely the Exynos 4210 SOC running in there.

3K+ Quadrant is in line with International benchmarks.

I'm looking forward to more phones getting into more reviewer's hands.
    09-07-2011 06:49 PM
    Two things to notice in the video are quadrant saw only one of the two cores and smartbench 2011 didn't install on the device. Does anyone know if internation GSII had same behavior with these apps? If not, then what changed here?
    09-07-2011 06:56 PM
    Two things to notice in the video are quadrant saw only one of the two cores and smartbench 2011 didn't install on the device. Does anyone know if internation GSII had same behavior with these apps? If not, then what changed here?
    Quadrant only showing one core is expected, but Smartbench 2011 has been run on the International version.

Not sure why the guy couldn't install it. Maybe he goofed somehow. Or maybe it doesn't play nice with something Sprint installed. Guess we'll find out soon enough.
    09-07-2011 07:01 PM
    Quadrant only showing one core is expected,
    Is it quadrants incompatibility with dual core cpu's or just exynos?
    09-07-2011 07:03 PM
    Quadrant doesn't recognize dual cores ... yet.
    09-07-2011 07:06 PM
    Just goes to show how interested I am in this phone that I watched that whole video. Didn't hear half of what he said, but I was interested in the specs and the quadrant was interesting. As far as the screen goes I only care if I like the way it looks and to me it's gorgeous.
    09-07-2011 07:10 PM
    i just wanna keep watching that video with the sound off just to get some good looks at my new phone. lol
    graffix31 likes this.
    09-07-2011 07:16 PM
    A sweet device come on September 16th
    graffix31 likes this.
    09-07-2011 07:57 PM
    This was "part 1" of...?
    09-07-2011 08:18 PM
    This was "part 1" of...?
    I'm guessing 3
    09-07-2011 08:20 PM
    That phone is completely unbranded on the front. It doesn't even say Samsung like all of the ones at the release event. I hope they do this on the production model. It makes the front look so clean!
    cfbauer and expertzero1 like this.
    09-07-2011 08:29 PM
    review was good cant wait for part 2

Quadrant score was great
    09-07-2011 08:59 PM
    That phone is completely unbranded on the front. It doesn't even say Samsung like all of the ones at the release event. I hope they do this on the production model. It makes the front look so clean!
    All that is on the back of the phone.
    09-07-2011 09:00 PM
    All that is on the back of the phone.
    at the samsung event the samsung logo was on the top front of the device....looks better with everything on the back
    09-07-2011 09:03 PM
    Good catch. I hadn't even noticed that.
    09-07-2011 09:23 PM
    at the samsung event the samsung logo was on the top front of the device....looks better with everything on the back
    no kidding, that means when I put a case on it I won't see any logos which is more than fine by me
    09-07-2011 09:23 PM
    hah, didnt see that until you pointed that out!

#NICE
    09-07-2011 09:59 PM
    Oh wow nice catch. Looks WAY better without the Sammy logo on the front.
    09-07-2011 10:14 PM
    Even this guy is hung up on WVGA vs. qHD. Yet he fails to mention that the SAMOLED+ screen has 50% more sub-pixels. Ah well, I'm not going to get into the resolution debate again.
    Does it translate into seeing more on the screen than qHD? Can I see more of a vertical space of a webpage than qHD? Holy Crap! Look a the size of that 'media volume' pop-up!

It will be interesting if I can see the 'screen door' effect on this phone like every other AMOLED and PenTile screen I've seen...
    09-07-2011 11:52 PM
    Does it translate into seeing more on the screen than qHD? Can I see more of a vertical space of a webpage than qHD? Holy Crap! Look a the size of that 'media volume' pop-up!

It will be interesting if I can see the 'screen door' effect on this phone like every other AMOLED and PenTile screen I've seen...
    This device does not have a pentile screen, but epic 4g had, so it should look better. And no, you would see less content on screen than what a qHD will show. See this post for a comparison shot.
    09-08-2011 01:55 AM
    This device does not have a pentile screen, but epic 4g had, so it should look better. And no, you would see less content on screen than what a qHD will show. See this post for a comparison shot.
    I dont know why people care about qhd so much, root ur phone and install lcd density changer and ull see allot more
    09-08-2011 04:07 AM
    I dont know why people care about qhd so much, root ur phone and install lcd density changer and ull see allot more
    In a time where top-hardware crown goes from device to device in a matter of few months, everyone would want to at least stay in the game for at least few months down the road. If one is spending top dollar, one would expect top-specifications in areas he prefers most. Only thing is that for someone screen size is more important, for other processing power, and for another SAMOLED+ etc etc.. You may not care about resolution, and I don't care much about it either, but maybe someone else does. For me, screen size and SAMOLED+ are more important than resolution, so I already preordered, but for someone else resolution or camera button maybe far more important, so they may pass over this device. But I agree, if someone really wants this phone AND higher resolution AND has the balls to experiment, then root and install density changer.
    09-08-2011 04:47 AM
    Are the dual processors asynchronous like the EVO 3D or do both processors work together at the same time?
    09-08-2011 05:26 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD