What is the wifi-calling on E4GT?

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I heard this is not true wifi calling where your minutes dont get deducted. So what is this wifi calling feature on E4GT anyway?

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
What? so if i make a call on my Voice # on my phone it won't use the data to make the call? im still using my minutes?

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I almost always call cell#s so out of my 1500 minutes we share we barley use 200 but still , i thought a can use my epic at home to make calls thru Voice.... man that kind of sucks lol ... thanks

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
lol.. First day when I read about wifi calling, I was drooling like crazy. I tend to make lot of land line calls, so I thought I found a solution to my minute usage problem. I am still hoping what I read was not right and we somehow get full true wifi calling.. I guess we will find out soon enough!!

anon(465978)

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
What? so if i make a call on my Voice # on my phone it won't use the data to make the call? im still using my minutes?
If WiFi calling really is supported (which I'm very skeptical of)... of course the minutes would count against your plan, just like T-Mobile. Which is totally fine with me since my problem is signal strength, not lack of minutes.

The real issue here is whether or not WiFi Calling really will be a feature. Sprint hasn't ever supported it before that I know of... And the only time I've seen it referenced with the E4GT was in that widespread leak that came out a few hours early on the day of the event. But it isn't listed on any of the official (Samsung or Sprint) spec lists since the event. I'm kinda thinking it was erroneously included in that leak.

trentlythp

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
IMHO I think that was a feature on the T-Mobile variant and somehow ended up in the leak for Sprint. I hope im wrong though.

philbert579

May 23, 2011
Visit site
If WiFi calling really is supported (which I'm very skeptical of)... of course the minutes would count against your plan, just like T-Mobile.

Small correction here. T-Mobile's wifi calling will only count against your minutes if you haven't called to ask for the FREE wifi calling which will not count on your plan. As long as you have a proper phone and plan, it's free.

Latteart

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
My NS4G has wifi calling and if you setup an account like SIPDroid you can make calls through that account. Haven't ever checked if it goes against your min.'s I don't believe it does thought.

scoob

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I haven't heard much more of this but wouldn't this be similar to using Sprint's Airave but without the Airave?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I had replied to this topic two weeks ago when that specs list broke ahead of the launch event. I didn't think this phone had true wifi calling, such as what you can get on some devices on T-Mobile. I'm fairly sure you CAN do wifi calling, but via a Google Voice account. Let me find the thread and I'll copy my original reply.

Edit - Ahh here it is ..

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...4g-touch/115384-wifi-calling.html#post1210829

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol