09-10-2011 12:48 AM
27 12
tools
    Yeah you can say I am coming from Blackberry and new to android phone. So what is skin? Tip? Advice?
    So what is skin?
    Skin = Theme , manufacture Overlay - Motoburp , HTC Sense etc

Tip?
    So you know of an app by the name of Berryweather.
    Bellshare built version for Android that puts BB version to shame.
    Buy it!

Advice?
    Root device load custom roms and enjoy
    09-10-2011 12:20 AM
    If this is going to be your first Android device I would compare the skins for at least five minutes. Most will say HTC Sense is best of all and then its a tie between Moto and Samsung. You might also compare the Nexus S 4G as well as that has no skin what so ever. I have always had rooted phones and ran CyanogenMod on all of them. The only thing the skins do in my eyes if set each manufacturer apart. They never added more than they took away.

Back to screen discussion: If you are strictly using these phones as computers and not a phone resolution is out the window in terms of being relevant. It is the technology that is used in the screen that will make the difference because these screens are so small(even 4.5") that you will not really want more on the screen as it makes everything smaller and if you have trouble reading you will strain your eyes that much more. In my own opinion they don't need more resolution they need to get the real estate a true 16:9 or 16:10 so that what you view always takes up the whole screen. I have great vision and once you notice the pentiles problems you can never unsee it. I was so glad to see that a true RGB was being used. The screen is the main part of the phone I stare at everyday and it better look amazing for a few $$$. I wouldn't care if the phone was ugly as sin as long as the screen was bright, crisp, produced true contrast, and produced as close as possible true colors I 'm sold.
    09-10-2011 12:48 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD