09-15-2011 11:42 AM
71 123
tools
    Get the SquareTrade warranty for 20% off through their site: use coupon code SUNSET.
    09-12-2011 01:52 PM
    Yeah, I just posted about the free activiation in the other Lets Talk thread......If you already ordered you need to call or chat with them and have the promo added to your order.

I was also told they are receiving the phones on the 15th and then shipping out so I hope to have the phone on Friday.
    I called them just now, I was told the phones are going out on the 16th, no Fed Ex on Saturday. I told the rep what I had heard here, and they stressed the point that they are not being mailed until Friday.

Furthermore, I was told that they box them, then activate them, and if I needed to use my phone before it got there, I would have to call them and have them reactivate my epic until Monday.
    09-12-2011 04:37 PM
    I called them just now, I was told the phones are going out on the 16th, no Fed Ex on Saturday. I told the rep what I had heard here, and they stressed the point that they are not being mailed until Friday.

Furthermore, I was told that they box them, then activate them, and if I needed to use my phone before it got there, I would have to call them and have them reactivate my epic until Monday.
    First of all, thanks to the posters in this thread about the free activation promo. I just called and got the $36 activation waived (to be credited to the bill later on).

My customer service rep told me that they try to time the activation for when the phone should arrive to my doorstep. And she said that they're not receiving them until the 16th, so they might go out next Monday.

Interesting how there's conflicting information from everywhere
    09-12-2011 05:43 PM
    I just called Let's Talk Customer Care and used the code take20back, and it worked, $31.00-154.99!!..I placed my order on the 9th and said she could not give me the free activation fee though. bogus! I think when I get the fee on the bill I will call sprint and tell them it was sposed to be waived. I also asked when they were expected to get them and she said on Friday, she also said that they ship them in the the order that the orders were recieved. So there is a small chance that peoples orders could become back ordered IF there is not enough devices to go out. Expecting to see mine sometime by the end of next week, beginning if Im one of the lucky ones. But Im glad I saved about $80+tax ordering through them. I hope I don't regret it! ::knock on wood::
    09-12-2011 06:21 PM
    Can anyone confirm the expiration date for the LetsTalk take20back coupon? I googled for it and found 9/12 (today) mentioned as the expiration date. If that's true then I'll want to pull the trigger today on the E4GT.
    09-12-2011 06:50 PM
    I just called Let's Talk Customer Care and used the code take20back, and it worked, $31.00-154.99!!..I placed my order on the 9th and said she could not give me the free activation fee though. bogus! I think when I get the fee on the bill I will call sprint and tell them it was sposed to be waived. I also asked when they were expected to get them and she said on Friday, she also said that they ship them in the the order that the orders were recieved. So there is a small chance that peoples orders could become back ordered IF there is not enough devices to go out. Expecting to see mine sometime by the end of next week, beginning if Im one of the lucky ones. But Im glad I saved about $80+tax ordering through them. I hope I don't regret it! ::knock on wood::
    They can do it and if not just cancel the order and re-order.
    09-12-2011 08:01 PM
    i also ordered through letstalk.

if my phone isn't shipped by friday, I'm cancelling it and getting it at a sprint store...i can care less about the money saved

anyways...got it for $123.99 and was told they are not shipping till 16th and its first come first serve....WTF is a point of a preorder then???
    09-12-2011 11:09 PM
    Letstalk is now 174.99
    09-13-2011 09:54 AM
    yup they raised the price because of the 20% coupon code lol.
    09-13-2011 12:13 PM
    anyone knoe if letstalk lets u do a buddy upgrade? (upgrade ur phone using a different line's upgrade) or do u have to keep ur phone on the upgrading line for 6 months like wirefly makes u do?
    09-13-2011 04:21 PM
    Dont see why it would matter, you can just call sprint and swap the line after you get it. Only thing they care about is getting the subsidized money from sprint on the contract.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    09-13-2011 05:24 PM
    Just contacted and that is their policy, the line must stay on the same line for 6 months. Just canceled my order. Ordered through amazon, no shady policies and only $25 more.

09-13-2011 05:41 PM
    how do they know? What if sprint does not contact them? Radio shack has that same agreement, and my friend bought a phone from radio shack last yr on contract, switched the phone to her bfs line on another account, and she did not get charged. and it was like 2 days after she got the phone she did it. I don't understand how they know?? Radio shack did not charge her a early termination fee, or charge her for the full price of the phone.
    09-13-2011 05:57 PM
    Not sure I called amazon and they said they didnt have that policy and they dont preactivate, so I went with them. $25 is worth the piece of mind. No free activation on amazon but im sure I can get them to waive that if I ask, 11 year customer and billing aboit 400 a month right now

09-13-2011 06:09 PM
    how do they know? What if sprint does not contact them? Radio shack has that same agreement, and my friend bought a phone from radio shack last yr on contract, switched the phone to her bfs line on another account, and she did not get charged. and it was like 2 days after she got the phone she did it. I don't understand how they know?? Radio shack did not charge her a early termination fee, or charge her for the full price of the phone.
    Not sure I called amazon and they said they didnt have that policy and they dont preactivate, so I went with them. $25 is worth the piece of mind. No free activation on amazon but im sure I can get them to waive that if I ask, 11 year customer and billing aboit 400 a month right now

I went ahead and canceled my order at let's talk and order through amazon because of this 6 months thing as well. This way I can change back to my sero plan in january when my 20 dollar reacurring credit run out and that will save me 60 dollars in the long run since I don't have to stay on everything data plan for an extra 3 months
    09-13-2011 08:11 PM
    I read through letstalks policy and it didnt say anything about keeping the phone on the same line, just 180 days consecutive service. But they preactivate where amazon doesnt, so I think amazon is the safer bet for me.

09-13-2011 08:23 PM
    I read through letstalks policy and it didnt say anything about keeping the phone on the same line, just 180 days consecutive service. But they preactivate where amazon doesnt, so I think amazon is the safer bet for me.

I agree that is another reason y I am going amazon. I also got them compare the free overnight shipping

Hello xxxx,

AmazonWireless does not price-match with other retailers. We do, however, consistently work to maintain competitive prices on everything we carry.

I've changed the shipping method for order xxxxx to One-Day Shipping at no extra charge for this one time exception. The estimated delivery date is now Sep 19, 2011.

I hope this helps! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards
    Amazon
    09-13-2011 09:14 PM
    I just chatted with Lets Talk and according to them you can move the phone to another line without being penalized.......Chat below.

9:59 AMMelissa:I added a 3rd line to my account.
    9:59 AMMelissa:One of my lines are being ported out at the end of the month so I will be left with 2 lines.
    9:59 AMMelissa:I wanted to make sure I am not going to run into any issues with you guys and the pricing of the phone
    10:01 AMMelva B:That will not have any affect on the pricing.
    10:02 AMMelissa:So that won't be considered me chnaging my plan or anything? Is there a way for me to get an email saying that?
    10:03 AMMelva B:There is no way to get an email stating that however you can print this chat transcript for confirmation.
    10:04 AMMelissa:Okay, I will do that. Thank you for the help.
    10:04 AMMelva B:You are welcome is there anything else I can assist you with today?
    10:05 AMMelissa:Just to confirm, I am not breaking any contract terms with letstlak buy doing this.
    10:07 AMMelva B:We do advise you to keep the account with all the lines active for 6 months however if you choose to port out a line you will not be penalized.
    10:09 AMMelissa:Okay, because the line is already scheduled bt Sprint to be canceled at the end of the month and if I was going to be penalized by you I was going to cancel my order so glad to hear that it is okay.
    10:09 AMMelissa:1 more question.
    10:10 AMMelissa:If I wanted to put this phone on my wifes line in a few months, is there a problem with doing that?
    10:11 AMMelva B:You will need to contact Sprint to see if that can be done but there is no penalty from our company.
    10:11 AMMelissa:Wife meaning Melissa, she walked away from the computer so I am her husband typing now....lol
    10:12 AMMelissa:Okay, cause others on blogs were saying if you move the line before 6 months you will be hit with an ETF.
    10:12 AMMelissa:as per lets talk contract
    10:14 AMMelva B:Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
    10:15 AMMelissa:So it is okay from Lets Talk standpoint for me to move this phone to another one of my lines a few months down the road being being penalized? I just want to make sure as I go through phones often and pass them down to my wife...
    10:15 AMMelissa:*without being*
    10:16 AMMelva B:As I have stated you will not be penalized.
    10:17 AMMelissa:Okay...Just wanted to make sure.
    10:17 AMMelissa:Thank you for your help today. Have a great day!
    09-14-2011 10:22 AM
    I still don't trust any carrier that wants to activate your phone befor shipping it
    09-14-2011 10:25 AM
    I still don't trust any carrier that wants to activate your phone befor shipping it
    What is the issue with this? They probably just add the info online. The phone wan't actually activiate probably until you turn it on.......I think I am just confused why people are having an issue with that?

Paying $79.99 no activation fee, no tax, and no shipping it just seems hard to go somewhere else. Especially if I can move the phone to my other lines.
    09-14-2011 10:30 AM
    Because if you have a lot of free perks and stuff they can mess it out since they are activating it don't know what they're doing. I always liked it activated with sprint customer service to ensure that all of my 3 brookstone fall off or get lost which has been known to happen
    09-14-2011 10:36 AM
    If they activate before shipping, does this mean my current phone on the upgraded line will start working or will it remain active until I turn on the new phone?
    09-14-2011 11:11 AM
    A buddy of mine ordered through Wirefly a few months back. His phone quit working as soon as he got the email from fedex saying it was delivered. So I think wirefly/letstalk activate around the time it is delivered and the old phone stops. At least that's how it worked for him going to the Incredible 2 on Verizon.
    09-14-2011 11:18 AM
    If they activate before shipping, does this mean my current phone on the upgraded line will start working or will it remain active until I turn on the new phone?
    They have it set to activate on that date of delivery based on u p s or fedex
    09-14-2011 11:23 AM
    I just spoke with Letstalk and they said that they will be receiving the phones tomorrow and depending on the time of day that they get them they could ship out the same day and we could get them on friday.
    09-14-2011 11:52 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD