09-15-2011 11:42 AM
71 123
tools
    legendary. Looks like wirefly is shipping today
    09-14-2011 12:09 PM
    legendary. Looks like wirefly is shipping today
    Those are probably just rumors because I called them and they said they were not shipping until the 16th
    09-14-2011 12:12 PM
    idk but there's a thread dedicated to wirefly shipping today
    09-14-2011 12:21 PM
    idk but there's a thread dedicated to wirefly shipping today
    i stand corrected

I placed an order with them as well...I have all 3, amazon, wirefly, and letstalk at this point....it's a race who is going to activate and ship first....i'll cancel the other 2 when that happens

i was told they can't touch my upgrade until they actually upgrade and activate my phone...so i think im safe with having 3 companies race against each other
    09-14-2011 01:09 PM
    i stand corrected

I placed an order with them as well...I have all 3, amazon, wirefly, and letstalk at this point....it's a race who is going to activate and ship first....i'll cancel the other 2 when that happens

i was told they can't touch my upgrade until they actually upgrade and activate my phone...so i think im safe with having 3 companies race against each other
    I thought you said youdo not trust anyone who wants to activate your phone before shipping. You kind of contradict yourself here.....

Anyway, that is crazy that you placed an order at 3 different places to maybe get it day earlier from 1 place....What were the 3 prices you paid?
    09-14-2011 01:26 PM
    I thought you said youdo not trust anyone who wants to activate your phone before shipping. You kind of contradict yourself here.....

Anyway, that is crazy that you placed an order at 3 different places to maybe get it day earlier from 1 place....What were the 3 prices you paid?
    well, I was initially concerned, but did some more reasearch and found my perks won't be touched,e ven if its preactivated....so i changed my mind

I paid $150 at amazon
    $124 with letstalk
    and $150 with wirefly

they havn't charged the cards yet, and only will when shipped...until then, its just a pre-authorized hold....no biggie...i have tons of credit, so it won't tie me up
    09-14-2011 01:31 PM
    I canceled my order with letstalk. The reason being is that I chatted with Melva and she informed me that they still dont have the phones and no ETA for the arrival of the phones.

So I went ahead and ordered with wirefly.com since members are reporting that their order's are now being shown as shipped.

Melva was not happy. Oh well. I want my phone now even though it would have only cost me $79.99 on lets talk instead of $150 on wirefly...
    09-14-2011 01:37 PM
    I canceled my order with letstalk. The reason being is that I chatted with Melva and she informed me that they still dont have the phones and no ETA for the arrival of the phones.

So I went ahead and ordered with wirefly.com since members are reporting that their order's are now being shown as shipped.

Melva was not happy. Oh well. I want my phone now even though it would have only cost me $79.99 on lets talk instead of $150 on wirefly...
    if anyone orders with wirefly from now on, please use this link

we will both get $25 off...so it will be $125 for you

Free Cell Phones with New Cell Phone Plans - Shop Deals from Wireless Carriers - Wirefly.com
    09-14-2011 01:38 PM
    I chatted with a LetsTalk online rep to get the $36 fee waived, and she said the price of the phone will also change, so the time I ordered the phone was 154.99 - take20back code which took 31.00, so I just checked and decided to speak with a rep and the price is now 149.99, so I told her go ahead and change the price because 149.99-take20back would make the phone 119.99 instead of 123.99, so I got the activation fee removed, and I got another $5 taken off the price. She also said that LetsTalk would not get the phones till Friday. ): bummer! I really wanted mine by friday, I just got my pink silicone case from ebay! I can't wait to recieve this phone.
    09-14-2011 07:49 PM
    I just placed an order with wirefly today at 1 pm and just got my shipping notice
    09-14-2011 07:55 PM
    I chatted with a LetsTalk online rep to get the $36 fee waived, and she said the price of the phone will also change, so the time I ordered the phone was 154.99 - take20back code which took 31.00, so I just checked and decided to speak with a rep and the price is now 149.99, so I told her go ahead and change the price because 149.99-take20back would make the phone 119.99 instead of 123.99, so I got the activation fee removed, and I got another $5 taken off the price. She also said that LetsTalk would not get the phones till Friday. ): bummer! I really wanted mine by friday, I just got my pink silicone case from ebay! I can't wait to recieve this phone.
    wirefly has gotten their phones already and my phone is already activated and in a shipping status for next day delivery.
    09-14-2011 07:56 PM
    wirefly has gotten their phones already and my phone is already activated and in a shipping status for next day delivery.

*giant "You made bro?" meme photo removed*
    Jesus christ, this is the second time I've seen you post giant meme photos into the forums. This isn't 4chan or Reddit.

To other people who have ordered from LetsTalk:
    LetsTalk orders will ship Friday or Monday. Even though it says "Awaiting Carrier Approval" it is simply awaiting inventory.

Including taxes and activation I saved ~$117. Not too shabby.
    09-14-2011 08:45 PM
    Jesus christ, this is the second time I've seen you post giant meme photos into the forums. This isn't 4chan or Reddit.
    09-14-2011 08:48 PM
    Memes removed. Let's keep the large image files out of this thread - further posting of them will be considered trolling and will be handled as such. Thanks folks
    tom299 likes this.
    09-14-2011 09:24 PM
    Memes removed. Let's keep the large image files out of this thread - further posting of them will be considered trolling and will be handled as such. Thanks folks
    09-14-2011 09:27 PM
    i love memes tho they are funny
    09-14-2011 09:29 PM
    How does this work if you only have the $75 upgrade? Does that mean I can only go through Sprint? All the other places say I have to wait until next July (which is when my full $150 upgrade is available)
    09-14-2011 10:03 PM
    How does this work if you only have the $75 upgrade? Does that mean I can only go through Sprint? All the other places say I have to wait until next July (which is when my full $150 upgrade is available)
    What I did was call Sprint customer retention and politely asked them to reset my upgrade eligibility. Within 24 hours I had the full $150 discount. They did it for me as a one-time courtesy. I have no idea if the trick still works since I did it months ago.

The # was (I believe) 1-877-775-4886. You get a live human, no phone maze to go through.
    09-15-2011 01:02 AM
    J
    To other people who have ordered from LetsTalk:
    LetsTalk orders will ship Friday or Monday. Even though it says "Awaiting Carrier Approval" it is simply awaiting inventory.

Including taxes and activation I saved ~$117. Not too shabby.

One thing I was concerned with is one Let's Talk rep said that they are not sure how many they will be getting in and they may not be able to fill all orders. And even though i/we preorder it does not guarantee a device on launch date nor mean that that will be able to fill all orders.

so ya preorder sounds more lit a lottery..where you pay for the prize. Maybe that was just all just preventative measure incase problem arise.
    09-15-2011 10:02 AM
    Well, here was my chat with Melva B at Letstalk.com:

"Hello, Tom. How can we provide assistance?
    Tom: Order #XXXXXXXX - checking on when this should be shipped.
    Tom: Wirefly.com is already sending them out so they get delivered on the 16th.
    Melva B: Hello my name is Melva can you verify the billing address on the order?
    Tom: XXXX xyxyxy Ave
    Melva B: Thank you for verifying that information. The phone is not in stock and we do not have an estimate time of arrival.
    Tom: Can you tell me how many you are supposed to get and what number am I in the pre-order process?
    Melva B: I do apologize we do not have access to that information.
    Tom: What do I need to do to cancel my order?
    Melva B: I can cancel the order if you would like?
    Tom: Yes please. Can I get an e-mail confirmation too?
    Melva B: Your order has been canceled and you will receive a confirmation via email. We do have a pending charge on $123.99.
    Melva B: That hold will be released within 3-5 business days.
    Tom: Thank You."

I think for the $25+tax I'll get it locally instead of waiting and wondering. Heck, I already received my TPU case in the mail this morning!
    09-15-2011 11:34 AM
    One thing I was concerned with is one Let's Talk rep said that they are not sure how many they will be getting in and they may not be able to fill all orders. And even though i/we preorder it does not guarantee a device on launch date nor mean that that will be able to fill all orders.

so ya preorder sounds more lit a lottery..where you pay for the prize. Maybe that was just all just preventative measure incase problem arise.
    I'm not worried for two reasons:

1) LetsTalk is the white label system for Walmart Wireless, not a fly-by-night operation. They'll receive plenty of stock.

2) I'm saving $117 over going into a Sprint store. Over the years I've learned to appreciate the value of money and am willing to wait a couple of extra days.
    09-15-2011 11:42 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD