letstalk.com 123.99 for upgrade

bmatt0516

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I read through letstalks policy and it didnt say anything about keeping the phone on the same line, just 180 days consecutive service. But they preactivate where amazon doesnt, so I think amazon is the safer bet for me.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I read through letstalks policy and it didnt say anything about keeping the phone on the same line, just 180 days consecutive service. But they preactivate where amazon doesnt, so I think amazon is the safer bet for me.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I agree that is another reason y I am going amazon. I also got them compare the free overnight shipping

Hello xxxx,

AmazonWireless does not price-match with other retailers. We do, however, consistently work to maintain competitive prices on everything we carry.

I've changed the shipping method for order xxxxx to One-Day Shipping at no extra charge for this one time exception. The estimated delivery date is now Sep 19, 2011.

I hope this helps! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards
Amazon

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I just chatted with Lets Talk and according to them you can move the phone to another line without being penalized.......Chat below.

9:59 AMMelissa:I added a 3rd line to my account.
9:59 AMMelissa:One of my lines are being ported out at the end of the month so I will be left with 2 lines.
9:59 AMMelissa:I wanted to make sure I am not going to run into any issues with you guys and the pricing of the phone
10:01 AMMelva B:That will not have any affect on the pricing.
10:02 AMMelissa:So that won't be considered me chnaging my plan or anything? Is there a way for me to get an email saying that?
10:03 AMMelva B:There is no way to get an email stating that however you can print this chat transcript for confirmation.
10:04 AMMelissa:Okay, I will do that. Thank you for the help.
10:04 AMMelva B:You are welcome is there anything else I can assist you with today?
10:05 AMMelissa:Just to confirm, I am not breaking any contract terms with letstlak buy doing this.
10:07 AMMelva B:We do advise you to keep the account with all the lines active for 6 months however if you choose to port out a line you will not be penalized.
10:09 AMMelissa:Okay, because the line is already scheduled bt Sprint to be canceled at the end of the month and if I was going to be penalized by you I was going to cancel my order so glad to hear that it is okay.
10:09 AMMelissa:1 more question.
10:10 AMMelissa:If I wanted to put this phone on my wifes line in a few months, is there a problem with doing that?
10:11 AMMelva B:You will need to contact Sprint to see if that can be done but there is no penalty from our company.
10:11 AMMelissa:Wife meaning Melissa, she walked away from the computer so I am her husband typing now....lol
10:12 AMMelissa:Okay, cause others on blogs were saying if you move the line before 6 months you will be hit with an ETF.
10:12 AMMelissa:as per lets talk contract
10:14 AMMelva B:Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
10:15 AMMelissa:So it is okay from Lets Talk standpoint for me to move this phone to another one of my lines a few months down the road being being penalized? I just want to make sure as I go through phones often and pass them down to my wife...
10:15 AMMelissa:*without being*
10:16 AMMelva B:As I have stated you will not be penalized.
10:17 AMMelissa:Okay...Just wanted to make sure.
10:17 AMMelissa:Thank you for your help today. Have a great day!

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I still don't trust any carrier that wants to activate your phone befor shipping it

What is the issue with this? They probably just add the info online. The phone wan't actually activiate probably until you turn it on.......I think I am just confused why people are having an issue with that?

Paying $79.99 no activation fee, no tax, and no shipping it just seems hard to go somewhere else. Especially if I can move the phone to my other lines.

Last edited:

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Because if you have a lot of free perks and stuff they can mess it out since they are activating it don't know what they're doing. I always liked it activated with sprint customer service to ensure that all of my 3 brookstone fall off or get lost which has been known to happen

packfanlv

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
If they activate before shipping, does this mean my current phone on the upgraded line will start working or will it remain active until I turn on the new phone?

g_schrage52

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
A buddy of mine ordered through Wirefly a few months back. His phone quit working as soon as he got the email from fedex saying it was delivered. So I think wirefly/letstalk activate around the time it is delivered and the old phone stops. At least that's how it worked for him going to the Incredible 2 on Verizon.

crak69

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I just spoke with Letstalk and they said that they will be receiving the phones tomorrow and depending on the time of day that they get them they could ship out the same day and we could get them on friday.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
idk but there's a thread dedicated to wirefly shipping today

i stand corrected

I placed an order with them as well...I have all 3, amazon, wirefly, and letstalk at this point....it's a race who is going to activate and ship first....i'll cancel the other 2 when that happens

i was told they can't touch my upgrade until they actually upgrade and activate my phone...so i think im safe with having 3 companies race against each other

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
i stand corrected

I placed an order with them as well...I have all 3, amazon, wirefly, and letstalk at this point....it's a race who is going to activate and ship first....i'll cancel the other 2 when that happens

i was told they can't touch my upgrade until they actually upgrade and activate my phone...so i think im safe with having 3 companies race against each other

I thought you said youdo not trust anyone who wants to activate your phone before shipping. You kind of contradict yourself here.....

Anyway, that is crazy that you placed an order at 3 different places to maybe get it day earlier from 1 place....What were the 3 prices you paid?

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I thought you said youdo not trust anyone who wants to activate your phone before shipping. You kind of contradict yourself here.....

Anyway, that is crazy that you placed an order at 3 different places to maybe get it day earlier from 1 place....What were the 3 prices you paid?

well, I was initially concerned, but did some more reasearch and found my perks won't be touched,e ven if its preactivated....so i changed my mind

I paid $150 at amazon
$124 with letstalk
and $150 with wirefly

they havn't charged the cards yet, and only will when shipped...until then, its just a pre-authorized hold....no biggie...i have tons of credit, so it won't tie me up

SkyeHack

Banned
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I canceled my order with letstalk. The reason being is that I chatted with Melva and she informed me that they still dont have the phones and no ETA for the arrival of the phones.

So I went ahead and ordered with wirefly.com since members are reporting that their order's are now being shown as shipped.

Melva was not happy. Oh well. I want my phone now even though it would have only cost me $79.99 on lets talk instead of $150 on wirefly...

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I canceled my order with letstalk. The reason being is that I chatted with Melva and she informed me that they still dont have the phones and no ETA for the arrival of the phones.

So I went ahead and ordered with wirefly.com since members are reporting that their order's are now being shown as shipped.

Melva was not happy. Oh well. I want my phone now even though it would have only cost me $79.99 on lets talk instead of $150 on wirefly...

if anyone orders with wirefly from now on, please use this link

we will both get $25 off...so it will be $125 for you

Free Cell Phones with New Cell Phone Plans - Shop Deals from Wireless Carriers - Wirefly.com

lov3p1nk88

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I chatted with a LetsTalk online rep to get the $36 fee waived, and she said the price of the phone will also change, so the time I ordered the phone was 154.99 - take20back code which took 31.00, so I just checked and decided to speak with a rep and the price is now 149.99, so I told her go ahead and change the price because 149.99-take20back would make the phone 119.99 instead of 123.99, so I got the activation fee removed, and I got another $5 taken off the price. She also said that LetsTalk would not get the phones till Friday. ): bummer! I really wanted mine by friday, I just got my pink silicone case from ebay! I can't wait to recieve this phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon