Samsung rumor?

Evo4g

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone worried about the rumor that Samsung maybe ditching android(As far as being dedicated to updates and what not)?

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't think Samsung will ditch Android for Bada. There is so much money it for them to do that will be insane. They might push it in other markets , that i believe but not here and not as a top phone.

Latteart

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Not with the developer community that surrounds phones that have been released around the world. These phones will never be left behind. For every one Samsung developer out there there are 3 solo devs waiting to make a name for themselves.

Latteart

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Besides Do you really think that Samsung could single handedly take on Android? Its the same reason every Android tablet that has been released is at most a ripple in the wake of the iPad. If they combined the sales of all manufactures Android tablets it would out number the sales of the iPad 2. But because these numbers are so spread out everyone of them has been called a failure. I use the iPad 2 because of the release time frame co-insiding with Honeycomb.

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
It's more than a rumor. They admitted they have plans to develop their own os. LG have volunteer they will join Samsung in supporting the new os. There are a few signs pointing to this coming.

Samsung giving out the Galaxy 2 to Cyanogenmod to develop.
Samsung hiring Cyanogemod creator.
Google acquiring Motorola.

I wouldn't say they will be ditching android altogether as that would be too risky at first.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I highly doubt that. Why would Samsung waste all of their resources (for example, their top-of-the-line processor) and invest so much money in Android, just to dump it?

failmatic

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Not in the foreseeable future. Android has such market share because everyone got on it and with that the devs came. With the devs come the app and the apps bring in the customers which brings in more app. So unless bada is something substantial, its not going to be any time soon. Even if Samsung does go away, which it wont, there will be other manufacturers for android hardware.

Dissident

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Agree. There is no reason for them to not continue to support Android. You don't just abandon something that has been so successful for you, simple economics there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome