I'm trying to upgrade/preorder 2 lines on a family plan, but I just got an email from Wirefly saying my order was cancelled because they can't process my type of account. I assume it's because my account is EPRP. Lame.

I would be saving almost $110 PER PHONE going through Wirefly ($149.99 outright, vs. Sprint's $199.99 + CA tax on retail price, bringing it to almost $260 per phone).

Is there anywhere else I can order this phone that will be cheaper than $260, that will accept EPRP accounts?

Thanks,
    Alvin
    09-11-2011 05:02 PM
    idk if they accept eprp accounts, but i hear sams club, radio shack, and best buy will all have the epic touch for $150.00 + CA sales tax.
    09-11-2011 05:04 PM
    Best Buy told me $199.99
    09-11-2011 05:58 PM
    I'm trying to upgrade/preorder 2 lines on a family plan, but I just got an email from Wirefly saying my order was cancelled because they can't process my type of account. I assume it's because my account is EPRP. Lame.

I would be saving almost $110 PER PHONE going through Wirefly ($149.99 outright, vs. Sprint's $199.99 + CA tax on retail price, bringing it to almost $260 per phone).

Is there anywhere else I can order this phone that will be cheaper than $260, that will accept EPRP accounts?

Thanks,
    Alvin
    That's the downside of the the money that you're saving every month by using SERO or EPRP; you can only get new, subsidized phones directly from Sprint. You can, of course, try Walmart, Best Buy or Radio Shack, but I think you're going to run into the same problem.
    09-11-2011 06:08 PM
    Wal-Mart $159.99. and you can trade in your old phone(s) for a rebate.

Walmart Connection Center - Browse for Service Plans
    09-11-2011 06:13 PM
    That's the downside of the the money that you're saving every month by using SERO or EPRP; you can only get new, subsidized phones directly from Sprint. You can, of course, try Walmart, Best Buy or Radio Shack, but I think you're going to run into the same problem.
    Aagh... I had a feeling this might be the case . Looking around various forums online, there doesn't appear to be a go-to retailer (aside from Sprint, of course) for getting discounted devices while on special plans.

I'll continue to search and if I find a success story, I'll post the retailer here for anyone else who might be on EPRP and doesn't want to pay $250-ish for the SGS2. Likewise, if anyone was able to successfully preorder the SGS2 on an EPRP plan, let me know!
    09-11-2011 06:20 PM
    you can't use sero or EPRP at 3rd party retailers
    09-12-2011 11:03 PM
    you can't use sero or EPRP at 3rd party retailers
    Do you think Sprint will price-match if I send an email to eCare? This should bring the upgrade price down to $149.99 (which, I believe, is the lowest we've found for upgrade so far[?]), which after taxes should be just a little over $200 for me. Still a lot to pay, but anything's better than the $260 I would have to pay if I just go to a Sprint store on Friday.

On another note, is this phone even available for preorder on the Sprint website yet?! I don't see it anywhere except for their promo landing page (sprint.com/epictouch)... whats up with that.
    09-13-2011 02:09 AM
    Do you think Sprint will price-match if I send an email to eCare? This should bring the upgrade price down to $149.99 (which, I believe, is the lowest we've found for upgrade so far[?]), which after taxes should be just a little over $200 for me. Still a lot to pay, but anything's better than the $260 I would have to pay if I just go to a Sprint store on Friday.

On another note, is this phone even available for preorder on the Sprint website yet?! I don't see it anywhere except for their promo landing page (sprint.com/epictouch)... whats up with that.
    i already tried that with no luck....let me know if you have luck
    09-13-2011 06:51 AM
    Don't you already get a discount on the device anyways with that program? Isn't your plan cheaper too? Isn't that what the EPRP is, I'm just asking?
    09-13-2011 07:18 AM
    Don't you already get a discount on the device anyways with that program? Isn't your plan cheaper too? Isn't that what the EPRP is, I'm just asking?
    The EPRP plan is slightly cheaper per month than the normal plan, but that's it. No other perks. Admittedly, over the length of a 2-year contract, the savings do add up nicely. No discounts on phones, and typically no other credits (e.g. contract renewal credits) though. And as I'm finding out, no going through 3rd parties like LetsTalk or Wirefly to save more cash.

Best Buy will occasionally deal with people on EPRP plans, but they are required to call into Sprint corporate to access your account. I've also heard that on their newer systems, they are able to access EPRP accounts directly. Unfortunately, most Best Buys don't have the new system, and many have never heard of the "call Sprint" thing, so they just flat out refuse to help you.

On another note, I just called my local Sprint store to inquire about the Galaxy S2 and preorders. The guy had no idea what I was talking about, then said "Oh! You mean the Epic 2. Hold on...". A few minutes later he tells me "the release date is still up in the air" and doesn't know when they'll have any.

Wow.
    09-13-2011 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD