09-23-2011 01:28 AM
111 1234 ...
tools

Looks like they have it fixed then. Thanks.
    09-12-2011 12:37 PM
    I've been dreaming of using this phone as my mobile audio player (ordered a new SDHC card to go with it), but after reading the AnandTech review, and listening to their headphone test (of the International Galaxy S II), I'm starting to worry. I really hope they made some internal changes, and have the audio output better shielded, otherwise we're in for something like this:

Galaxysii-cpu-edge-noise-volume1-volume0 by AnandTech on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
    09-12-2011 03:21 PM
    My hearing sucks even with hearing aids so those samples sound pisser to my ears
    09-12-2011 03:26 PM
    I've been dreaming of using this phone as my mobile audio player (ordered a new SDHC card to go with it), but after reading the AnandTech review, and listening to their headphone test (of the International Galaxy S II), I'm starting to worry. I really hope they made some internal changes, and have the audio output better shielded, otherwise we're in for something like this:

Galaxysii-cpu-edge-noise-volume1-volume0 by AnandTech on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
    Oh ....

You probably missed this thread from a couple weeks back http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...lfson-dac.html

If you were looking for this phone to be your mobile audio player, you may be disappointed. Audiophiles have blasted the International version for its weak audio performance. For some reason, Samsung ditched Wolfson's DAC in favor of something from Yamaha, and apparently it sucks.
    09-12-2011 03:27 PM
    Oh ....

You probably missed this thread from a couple weeks back http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...lfson-dac.html

If you were looking for this phone to be your mobile audio player, you may be disappointed. Audiophiles have blasted the International version for its weak audio performance. For some reason, Samsung ditched Wolfson's DAC in favor of something from Yamaha, and apparently it sucks.
    I actually saw that thread, but I'm more worried about the interference from the CPU and cell radio that is highlighted in that link rather than the actual quality of the audio output. The sound of cell phone interference drives me almost as batty as modem handshakes used to!
    09-12-2011 03:40 PM
    Wtf is a scorpion chipset?
    He's talking about the qualcomm dual core processor that came with the Evo 3D
    09-12-2011 06:40 PM
    I know that's probably the reason. Makes sense. But it just makes it hard to differentiate Android devices. They all look the same, which is good for OS branding, I suppose, bad for individuality. Regardless of it's similarities to the iPhone, I just think the Euro version is a much sleeker look. Doesn't matter though, I'm still getting it.
    If you want little to no individuality, then by all means, use an iPhone
    09-12-2011 06:45 PM
    In my opinion this statement is backwards.

Apple is usually the choice due to software certainly not hardware. I mean Apple is usually bested in the hardware area shortly after release, assuming it had a hardware lead at all. Apple is usually the choice for the non-tech/gadget person that just want's a phone or computer to work and could care less about it being customizable. They want stable and easy...this to me is the only thing Apple has going for it.
    +1
    09-12-2011 09:46 PM
    I'm not wild about (hopefully temporarily) ditching a fully rooted phone and CM7. There's just nothing like full root and CM7.
    09-13-2011 07:05 AM
    Iv yet to have a samsung phone i could like, the nexus 4g being my last. Im done trying them

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    09-13-2011 07:09 AM
    Iv yet to have a samsung phone i could like, the nexus 4g being my last. Im done trying them

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Sucks for u
    09-13-2011 07:12 AM
    TouchWiz UI - *Barf*

If this animal had the nexus s UI - pure google, i'd be all over it.

The hardware IS impressive, and a great upgrade. But the TouchWiz is just gross, and completely ruins it for me.

Buttaface......

I will be going Photon until prime/or the likes of prime are available on sprint. The Photon (now patched of bugs) is such an amazing device (wife uses one now).

I used to rock the Nexus, till i saw BB taking them back @ $221 for gift card - so i shipped it out faster than you can say what?

So now i'm waiting for my gift card, and photon for temp device.
    09-13-2011 09:27 AM
    I've been dreaming of using this phone as my mobile audio player (ordered a new SDHC card to go with it), but after reading the AnandTech review, and listening to their headphone test (of the International Galaxy S II), I'm starting to worry. I really hope they made some internal changes, and have the audio output better shielded
    This part of the Anandtech review horrified me as well. It's a dealbreaker if streaming radio is practically unlistenable. I can't live without my Pandora and TuneIn radio. I just hope that the Sprint version somehow performs better and suffers less interference from its radios.

"Galaxy S II is not recommended to drive directly sensitive in-ears because youll easily hear the CPU working. Fixing the CPU frequency to its maximum (rooted phones only) doesnt prevent this annoying noise reminding us of cheap integrated audio codecs a dozen years ago. Admittedly, hiss and noise levels of Galaxy S II headphone output are a lot lower, but todays standard mobile headphones reveal them easily.

If youre using sensitive in-ear headphones, radio GSM / EDGE noise is as audible, indicating a probable hardware design flaw of the codec or the board. The culprit is poor EMI shielding."

AnandTech - Samsung Galaxy S 2 (International) Review - The Best, Redefined
    09-14-2011 10:02 AM
    TouchWiz UI - *Barf*

The hardware IS impressive, and a great upgrade. But the TouchWiz is just gross, and completely ruins it for me.

Buttaface......

I will be going Photon until prime/or the likes of prime are available on sprint. The Photon (now patched of bugs) is such an amazing device (wife uses one now).

I used to rock the Nexus, till i saw BB taking them back @ $221 for gift card - so i shipped it out faster than you can say what?

So now i'm waiting for my gift card, and photon for temp device.
    Cool....now you just need to deal with random shutdowns for no reason and crackling speakers/lookup when using the speaker phone.....and that lovely screen. Honestly, I tried hard to love the Photon as the speakers are superb but the rest made it useless as a communication device. Hopefully the ET won't suffer the same fate.
    09-14-2011 10:58 AM
    The sound out of the phone through the car dock is what I'm holding out to hear about. If it has the whine that has been reported in the European version, I may wait for the next bus (which should be just around the corner).
    09-14-2011 11:05 AM
    TouchWiz UI - *Barf*

TouchWiz 4.0 is much improved, but to each his own. I'd imagine XDA will jump on this device and we'll see a stock Android experience in a reasonable amount of time. Or you could use a 3rd party launcher. I guess I just don't see a UI skin as being a big reason why someone should love or hate a device, unless you're an average device user and love the Sense skin for example.

Anyhoo, it's sounds like a Nexus device is more down your ally anyways.
    trentlythp likes this.
    09-14-2011 11:21 AM
    I'm getting it but don't like that it's not WebOS. Also wish it had a real keypad. Other than those 2 things nothing wrong that I can see.
    AGREED!
    09-14-2011 11:45 AM
    TouchWiz 4.0 is much improved, but to each his own. I'd imagine XDA will jump on this device and we'll see a stock Android experience in a reasonable amount of time. Or you could use a 3rd party launcher. I guess I just don't see a UI skin as being a big reason why someone should love or hate a device, unless you're an average device user and love the Sense skin for example.

Anyhoo, it's sounds like a Nexus device is more down your ally anyways.
    Agreed. You can use a third party launcher and you will see only a very small part of the skin (i.e. Messaging, dialer, menus). I prefer stock android too, but that was from when skins seemed to slow down phones. This phone will not have that issue. A UI skin is no reason to pass over a phone IMHO
    09-14-2011 11:54 AM
    The sound out of the phone through the car dock is what I'm holding out to hear about. If it has the whine that has been reported in the European version, I may wait for the next bus (which should be just around the corner).
    You can get a ground loop isolator to cut out the noise:

Amazon.com: PAC SNI-1/3.5 3.5mm Ground Loop Isolator: Everything Else

I have one in my car. Never had any whine issues with any devices I've plugged into my car stereo since I got this.
    09-14-2011 12:35 PM
    The main reason I'm waiting to see what else comes before jumping on this phone is Samsung and their update reputation. Take a look at the Infuse that was promised Gingerbread "soon." Infuse users are still waiting. Yes, that's right... for Gingerbread.

You guys like Gingerbread? Hope so... you're going to be there awhile on this phone. No ICS for you no matter what they promise. No thanks. Been there, still have the t-shirt.
    09-14-2011 03:28 PM
    The main reason I'm waiting to see what else comes before jumping on this phone is Samsung and their update reputation. Take a look at the Infuse that was promised Gingerbread "soon." Infuse users are still waiting. Yes, that's right... for Gingerbread.

You guys like Gingerbread? Hope so... you're going to be there awhile on this phone. No ICS for you no matter what they promise. No thanks. Been there, still have the t-shirt.
    By the time I want ICS bad enough, I'll likely be able to get it via root and flashing a new ROM, if Samsung/Sprint hadn't released it by then. I'm really not all that worried about it honestly.
    09-14-2011 03:45 PM
    Geez....I bet you the phone will work just wonderfully with 2.3.4....I say let them work all of the bugs you know darn well will happen when ICS is released and then give it to me when it's ready.
    09-14-2011 04:48 PM
    Geez....I bet you the phone will work just wonderfully with 2.3.4....I say let them work all of the bugs you know darn well will happen when ICS is released and then give it to me when it's ready.
    I'm willing to bet you'll change your tune. I've seen this attitude change now 3 times with different phones.
    09-14-2011 11:13 PM
    Sprint is eliminating it's Premier plan altogether. That's really irritating. I've been Sprint over 10 years and appreciated the little crappy bones they threw my way. Now, there's really not a big reason for me to stay. Fees and costs are rising and they're making all these changes as the E4GT is available. I only have a short time to debate whether or not to stay w/ Sprint or jump ship.

The unlimited data may be enough to keep me, but who knows how long b4 that's eliminated too...
    09-14-2011 11:41 PM
    i think sprint is too proud of their unlimited data plan to get rid of it
    09-14-2011 11:50 PM
111 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD