Quick question about premier customers ordering online

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I know that when I got the Evo 3D I was able to order it online a couple days early before it was released to the general public, because I was a Premier Customer.

With that said, do anyone know when Premier customers will be able to order the ET4G on line? I thought I read that somebody said Premier Customers would be able to order Tuesday, but I'm not sure.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
That's the $64,000 question for a lot of folks around here...

-Eric

lol...I apologize then.

I do know that when I called Sprint last week about the full retail price, the rep did tell me that premier customers would be able to order online first, just like people did for the Evo 3D. But they never gave a date. I guess, I'll just stay up past midnight just like I did when the Evo 3D was released and hopefully be able to snag one.

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Most people are saying they normally send an email to Premier customers on Tuesdays w/ any early order information. So hopefully tomorrow we will find out some information. I'm not sure if I'm on "the list" even though I'm a Gold Premier subscriber, but I'll stay tuned to the forums to find out.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I hoping to so i can get it early but i spoke to them yesterday and as of then they didn't have any idea if they were going to issue the email . The only information they had was go to the store to pre-order.

BlueGoldAce

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
The local stores near where I live told me I have tell wednesday to preorder. I figured if the phone is available online by tomorrow, I'd go a head and preorder.

I have talked to a view reps. They always say "we don't have any information about that". Today I called a chatted with rep, and he said he needed to "research" the answer. It took him fifteen minutes to give me the same copy and pasted reply I have gotten for the past week.

Corporate Sprint stores want your preorder, it is money to them. You would think that if there, for sure, was not going to be a "first to buy occasion" with the epic 4g touch, that we would be getting a straight forward "no, only at the stores" type answers. Instead we are getting a run around. For me, it seems a real possibility that they will indeed allow premiere customers to order early. But, for the sake of the corporate stores, are staying hush-hush about it so that the stores can benefit up until tomorrow (I would assume).

Of course, if the hold up is on samsung's end, and the 16th is the earliest possible, then I could be wrong. But this really defeats the whole purpose of being a premiere customer (gold or silver) if one of the biggest benefits are moot.

I know the evo 3d had a first to buy opportunity, did the photon?

sodde

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
As I've mentioned in another thread here, Sprint don't want to publisize the Premier early purchase option....they want your money up front...even if its via 3rd party vendors. This is why premier early purchase for this phone hasn't been confirmed nor negated in any forum that I've visited.

I'd put money on people signed up for notification getting an e-mail tomorrow of latest Wednesday.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Did you see where to be Notified at? i didn't see that on there site. If they put that up then yes the possibility of Pre-order should happen then.

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Corporate Sprint stores want your preorder, it is money to them. You would think that if there, for sure, was not going to be a "first to buy occasion" with the epic 4g touch, that we would be getting a straight forward "no, only at the stores" type answers. Instead we are getting a run around. For me, it seems a real possibility that they will indeed allow premiere customers to order early. But, for the sake of the corporate stores, are staying hush-hush about it so that the stores can benefit up until tomorrow (I would assume).

Yup, that's pretty much my read on the situation. Generic, run-around answers are usually a way of saying "yes, but I can't actually say yes yet, so I'm going to b.s. you and hope you go away."

My hunch is that they will offer it to Premier members. But they will collect as many $50 gift cards as they can before they let it be known.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
also keep in mind that sprint loves to sell you their phones at retail or any other store cause they charge u now a $36 activation fee where if you order online there is no activation fee.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
also keep in mind that sprint loves to sell you their phones at retail or any other store cause they charge u now a $36 activation fee where if you order online there is no activation fee.

Do you know of this first hand? I asked and the CS rep said that you get charged either way.

anon(406518)

Jul 13, 2011
www.theadultgamer.com
They definitely waive the fee if you order online.
I didn't have a fee when I ordered my Pre and when I was inquiring about upgrading last month the sprint lady I was chatting with specifically said if you order from sprint.com you don't pay the upgrade fee.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
They definitely waive the fee if you order online.
I didn't have a fee when I ordered my Pre and when I was inquiring about upgrading last month the sprint lady I was chatting with specifically said if you order from sprint.com you don't pay the upgrade fee.

When my wife called sprint about the new blackberry, she was told she had to pay the activation fee, however, they would waive the shipping cost of $12

atl10pnr

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
They waved it with my Pre also. They have now changed tho as they have said there is absolutly no way around not paying and activation fee. Now that could be $18 or $36 but there will be one.

anon(406518)

Jul 13, 2011
www.theadultgamer.com
Damn, must be since they changed their policy last week or whenever it was. The upgrade website used to say "*Non-online orders: $18 activation fee per upgrade may apply". Now it just says "*An activation fee of up to $36 per upgrade may apply"