SlashGear Review

tom299

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Awesome. Can't believe the phone's finally coming this week. I wasn't even this excited when I was waiting for my first iPhone in 2007.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
wow I have to say there are some phenomenal pictures in this review, the thickness is very small difference from the European version

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Strange...I don't see a secondary mic hole at the top of the device like the original GSII. What gives? No noise cancellation?

ahhhh. that means my eye sight is ok. I saw that too. Means we are not getting the noise cancelling feature of GS2 :(.. The list of things missing in the device is growing faster than the excitement of its release...

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
ahhhh. that means my eye sight is ok. I saw that too. Means we are not getting the noise cancelling feature of GS2 :(.. The list of things missing in the device is growing faster than the excitement of its release...

It makes it possible, but I wouldn't write it off completely yet. It's certainly possible they moved it somewhere less obvious on Sprint's variant. What else is on this list of missing things? I can't think of anything at the moment.

tom299

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It makes it possible, but I wouldn't write it off completely yet. It's certainly possible they moved it somewhere less obvious on Sprint's variant. What else is on this list of missing things? I can't think of anything at the moment.

There's a rectangular opening on the top of the phone that's not present on the international Galaxy S II. Is that a microphone or an indentation to pry the back cover off?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
There's a rectangular opening on the top of the phone that's not present on the international Galaxy S II. Is that a microphone or an indentation to pry the back cover off?

I'm fairly sure it's there so you can pry the cover off. As you can see from the pictures, the battery cover on Sprint's version extends over the edge of the phone, while the International version does not.

tom299

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm fairly sure it's there so you can pry the cover off. As you can see from the pictures, the battery cover on Sprint's version extends over the edge of the phone, while the International version does not.

I noticed that the AT&T version has a mic on the top, although on a different position than the international version.

See here:

ATT GALAXY S II - Gallery

If this doesn't have noise cancellation I'll be pissed off. I actually use it for voice calls :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy