SlashGear Review

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
There is a pin-hole next to the camera lens. You can see it with the back cover removed...wonder if that's it.

You've got some serious attention to detail man. That could be it, but isn't it odd to place a mic under the battery cover? Maybe they found that the thin plastic of the Galaxy SII battery door made it possible to put a mic under?

gksspot555

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I want to see what is under the Qualcomm sticker that is seen in the gallery of the slashgear review. My guess is it is under that or it doesnt come with one.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I want to see what is under the Qualcomm sticker that is seen in the gallery of the slashgear review. My guess is it is under that or it doesnt come with one.

The sticker was taken off for some of the pictures. There is no mic hole on the top of the casing.

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I got my rubber case for the epic 4g touch in the mail today off ebay. It has a hole for the headphones and a rectangle cut out hole next to the headphone jack on top

Reactions: Slingbox

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
gsii-vs-epic-4G-ac-10-SlashGear.jpg

Latteart

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Wow think I'm gonna switch over to Sprint for the Galaxy S2. Goodbye thunderbolt.

Sent from my Egypticus Spaceship using Tapatalk

I just left Verizon for Sprint and couldn't be happier. Verizon tries to be too exclusive with their phones and in turn they don't get very many good phones. They ones they do get with nice specs are from Moto and they use that crappy screen technology.

I have always been an HTC person but I got the NS4G less than a month ago and am sold on Samsung. I can't wait for this phone to come out so I can trade in my NS4G for the SGSII.

pmjohnson99

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
I got my rubber case for the epic 4g touch in the mail today off ebay. It has a hole for the headphones and a rectangle cut out hole next to the headphone jack on top
Notch probably funnels sound down to that (suspected) mic next to the camera. My blackberry has the opposite thing. Slot at the top of the case to let sound out. Speakerphone works pretty well, so as long as it funnels the sound properly it shouldn't be a bother. Though I am curious as to why the deviation. I appreciate the LED notification light...but moving the mic seems like more work.

I'm sure there's some engineer in Korea that this all made since to. And if he's reading this thread probably banging his head on his desk yelling "because that's where we had to put it!!!!". :p

If someone talks to a Sammy rep...it might be worth asking about.

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
There is a pin-hole next to the camera lens. You can see it with the back cover removed...wonder if that's it.

Wow!!! nice.... But its little weird to place a mic hole under battery cover and still not leave a hole in the cover for it... it could be something entirely different, but still I have to applaud your sharp eyes!!

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
You've got some serious attention to detail man. That could be it, but isn't it odd to place a mic under the battery cover? Maybe they found that the thin plastic of the Galaxy SII battery door made it possible to put a mic under?

It might just be a hard reset button in case your device goes bad for some reason. It's also on the Epic 4g and it's located on the bottom left hand corner of the camera lens. All you gotta do is a push a ballpoint pen or safety pin in and it resets your Epic. I read it in an article on XDA.

JWellington

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I just left Verizon for Sprint and couldn't be happier. Verizon tries to be too exclusive with their phones and in turn they don't get very many good phones. They ones they do get with nice specs are from Moto and they use that crappy screen technology.

I have always been an HTC person but I got the NS4G less than a month ago and am sold on Samsung. I can't wait for this phone to come out so I can trade in my NS4G for the SGSII.

Hey! I too am contemplating switching from Verizon to Sprint. My main concern is that the Data speeds on Sprint are not as good as on Verizon; have you noticed any discernable effect?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
It might just be a hard reset button in case your device goes bad for some reason. It's also on the Epic 4g and it's located on the bottom left hand corner of the camera lens. All you gotta do is a push a ballpoint pen or safety pin in and it resets your Epic. I read it in an article on XDA.

Yeah possibly. I Tweeted Samsung Support and they responded saying they only support officially released devices. However, I just received this reply from Bob at Wirefly on his YouTube video ...

I'm pretty sure that the Epic 4G Touch has noise cancellation. As I mentioned above, I shot some video with it and the sound was loud and clear, much better than many other cell phones. It looks to me like there is a tiny audio slot at the bottom of the face (between the "Home" and "Back" keys), as well as a pinhole mic opeing on the bottom edge. Really not completely sure, but I can say the audio is very good.

Bob at Wirefly

Not entirely helpful, but it's something. I don't know what this "audio slot" is on the face. I'm not seeing it in the Slashgear pics.

If cases are being made with the notch at the top of the battery cover open, I can buy the idea that the hole next to the camera is indeed a mic, and sound is meant to funnel into that notch, behind the cover and to the mic. Seems a tad far fetched though. I guess we'll find out soon.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey! I too am contemplating switching from Verizon to Sprint. My main concern is that the Data speeds on Sprint are not as good as on Verizon; have you noticed any discernable effect?
Data speeds will be a little slower due to Network upgrade in progress...it should be pretty much completed 2nd Q next year.

Is it noticeable to me?
Sometimes but its worth it ,I save lots of $$ get more....oh and Sprint has best android lineup

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Before I even get into this review too far, this person is dead ass wrong on the lock screen. I had my hands on an ET this afternoon for a few moments and the lock screen unlock is a piece of cake...unless you are utterly uncoordinated and can't flick your finger a half an inch. IMHO it's as easy if not easier than the HTC circle lock ring. Now I shall read the review further.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
As far as his comments about the phone being to big to be used as a calling device I say hogwash. It is smaller than the Infuse and felt no different than my EVO 4G when using it.

ayman86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
"The 8-megapixel rear-facing camera is par for what you’ll find on today’s high-end smartphones."

its well known the camera is one of the best in all smartphones. its not on par but exceeds.

"the Galaxy S2 is being released by all four major U.S. carriers (Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon and AT&T)"

there is no verizon version

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08