Wirefly Order now says PROCESSING!

Paperino

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know how to get around the rule that states that Equipment can't be moved around within an account at Wirefly? I purchased the phone using the eligibility on my son's line, but they won't let me move it to the main line, even though I am going to accept new contract.

I do this all the time with phones bought at Best Buy, Sprint, Amazon, etc. Not sure why it would be any different for them.

If anyone can help, I'd be really appreciative.

metroff1

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, I ordered my Galaxy S II Touch on Wednesday morning. It finally chaged to "Approved-Awaiting Inventory" late last night. I was expecting to get shipping information early this morning and...... Nothing!!! I called customer service and I was told that the item is out of stock and when I pressed further and asked if they had any idea when they would be getting in another shipment of phones they had no idea. Because of the "inconvenience" they offered to upgrade my shipping to next business day, but I just may cancel if it means I have to wait weeks for it to come in :-\

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine is now on a truck out for delivery here in San Diego. Case got here yesterday. MHL adapter and HDMI cable arrived this morning. Everything is lining up!

I had a feeling Wirefly would sell out of their first shipment. Their $150 deal was all over the web. Sorry for you guys that might have missed it.

Edit - It just arrived! I wanted to hug the FedEx guy but he looked the type that wouldn't understand a hug from a man.

Last edited:

ayman86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
mine is still on delivery, fedex usually comes around this time. i hope they do!

edit: talk about coincidence, it just was delivered! lol

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
FYI ...

If you are an existing Sprint customer, keeping your phone number, and are upgrading or doing a contract renewal, you have to call Wirefly's toll free number they provide to activate the new phone. It will not happen automatically (as far as I know). You want to keep the phone off until you are instructed to turn it on by the activation agent.

If you are getting a new phone number it will activate when you turn it on.

If you are porting a number to Sprint from another carrier, the instructions say to keep the phone off until your old phone stops working, which could be up to 5 days after the date on your sales receipt. Ugh ... I haven't ported a number in ages but I wouldn't be happy about 5 days. I'd imagine most people porting from another carrier are buying through Sprint for the port-in credit though.

Reactions: cpuOahu

mrnd23

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
congrats to all who got it already. mine is still rotting in hagerstown. going crazy checking the fedex tracking page every 15 minutes.

foogle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
FYI ...

If you are an existing Sprint customer, keeping your phone number, and are upgrading or doing a contract renewal, you have to call Wirefly's toll free number they provide to activate the new phone. It will not happen automatically (as far as I know). You want to keep the phone off until you are instructed to turn it on by the activation agent.

If you are getting a new phone number it will activate when you turn it on.

If you are porting a number to Sprint from another carrier, the instructions say to keep the phone off until your old phone stops working, which could be up to 5 days after the date on your sales receipt. Ugh ... I haven't ported a number in ages but I wouldn't be happy about 5 days. I'd imagine most people porting from another carrier are buying through Sprint for the port-in credit though.

Tried calling Wirefly now, been holding for the last 5 minutes. I guess many people are trying to activate it now.

eidahl

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Mine is now on a truck out for delivery here in San Diego. Case got here yesterday. MHL adapter and HDMI cable arrived this morning. Everything is lining up!

I had a feeling Wirefly would sell out of their first shipment. Their $150 deal was all over the web. Sorry for you guys that might have missed it.

Edit - It just arrived! I wanted to hug the FedEx guy but he looked the type that wouldn't understand a hug from a man.

Was it overnight/next-day shipping? :D

pathtologos

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know how to get around the rule that states that Equipment can't be moved around within an account at Wirefly? I purchased the phone using the eligibility on my son's line, but they won't let me move it to the main line, even though I am going to accept new contract.

I do this all the time with phones bought at Best Buy, Sprint, Amazon, etc. Not sure why it would be any different for them.

Unfortunately I can't help but I CAN empathize. The EXACT same thing happened to me. I argued because, like you, I've done this a bunch of times with other sellers. I believe the only option is to switch phone numbers with your son (like I'm going to have to do with my wife--she's not thrilled) or return the phone and buy it from someone else (which I DID consider).

Good luck!

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

OK, I am confused (which is nothing new)
I believe I am in the same boat. I was going to renew my wifes acct, activate it when it comes in. Then call and switch that phone to my number, reactivate her old phone and then sell my EVO.
Are you saying that?s not doable?

pathtologos

May 18, 2010
Visit site
OK, I am confused (which is nothing new)
I believe I am in the same boat. I was going to renew my wifes acct, activate it when it comes in. Then call and switch that phone to my number, reactivate her old phone and then sell my EVO.
Are you saying that?s not doable?

Correct. Unfortunately.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site

This is a (somewhat) well known restriction of Wirefly. They lose their "perk" of renewing the contract if you move it; or so they say.

You could be brave, activate with them on your sons line, then call Sprint up and have them swap it. Wirefly definitely wont do it for you. But if you do call Sprint and get them to swap; no telling what Wirefly will do on the backend.

pathtologos

May 18, 2010
Visit site
This is a (somewhat) well known restriction of Wirefly. They lose their "perk" of renewing the contract if you move it; or so they say.

You could be brave, activate with them on your sons line, then call Sprint up and have them swap it. Wirefly definitely wont do it for you. But if you do call Sprint and get them to swap; no telling what Wirefly will do on the backend.

They told me that if I did that, they would charge $400 to the credit card I used to purchase the phone. Just an FYI.

Paperino

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
In theory, nothing happens. Wirefly's commission would only get cut if you ended your contract. So, they're threatening you with something that you can do with any other vendor. I'm going to send mine back and save myself the headache and the money.

Wirefly won't ever get another piece of business from me, that's for sure. And, before someone says that I should have read the fine print, it is a rule that has no basis to stand on.

Last edited:

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
In theory, nothing happens. Wirefly's commission would only get cut if you ended your contract. So, they're threatening you with something that you can do with any other vendor. I'm going to send mine back and save myself the headache and the money.

Wirefly won't ever get another piece of business from me, that's for sure. And, before someone says that I should have read the fine print, it is a rule that has no basis to stand on.

I hear yah there, but it's their rules. You don't have to buy from them. In my situation, I was essentially saving $140 on a $199 phone. I couldn't ignore that, especially because I knew none of the special circumstances (ahem restrictions) would apply to me during the first 6 months. I hate restrictions as much as the next guy, but when it saves me enough money, I'm willing to bend a little (or a lot depending on how much money it is *wink*). ;)

anon(120)

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site
Well, Wirefly says they're out of stock now. I didn't want to do this tonight, but I can't wait any longer. Cancelled that order and heading to a Sprint store.

4 hour round trip drive, here we come.