09-15-2011 04:54 PM
93 1234
tools
    Just an FYI - it's definitely worth asking. I purchased mine already. Since there's always a non-believer there's a pic attached for your pleasure. Go ask at a store and see what happens.

Good luck buying it. It will ring up as $5000 or some such nonsense in the store before the official launch date to keep stores from selling early.

Nice try, though.
    Actually you're wrong. I paid $199.99

For those that care....the phone is much better than I expected. I'm amazed how much power is packed into such a tight and light package. Battery life was phenomenal today (day 1) Used it all day (start at 5:15am) and still at 47%. Screen is amazing.

If anyone wants questions about the phone answered, post em and I'll do my best. In my opinion, this phone is a home run for Android lovers.
    JayWill likes this.
    09-14-2011 06:26 PM
    How hot does it get if you leave the screen on full brightness for a while?
    09-14-2011 06:31 PM
    Just an FYI - it's definitely worth asking. I purchased mine already. Since there's always a non-believer there's a pic attached for your pleasure. Go ask at a store and see what happens.

For those that care....the phone is much better than I expected. I'm amazed how much power is packed into such a tight and light package. Battery life was phenomenal today (day 1) Used it all day (start at 5:15am) and still at 47%. Screen is amazing.

If anyone wants questions about the phone answered, post em and I'll do my best. In my opinion, this phone is a home run for Android lovers.
    Nice photoshop. This is a fake. The retail version has no SAMSUNG logo on the front. Check out the wire fly part 2 video!!!!

09-14-2011 06:32 PM
    How hot does it get if you leave the screen on full brightness for a while?
    I have felt no heat from the phone at all. The LED screen does not use nearly as much battery and does not get warm. The colors are unbelievably better compared to my Evo 4G. I never knew what I was missing.
    09-14-2011 06:33 PM
    Congratulations on getting your hands on one early. That's sweet!
    09-14-2011 06:34 PM
    [QUOTE=SkyeHack;1252102]Nice photoshop. This is a fake. The retail version has no SAMSUNG logo on the front. Check out the wire fly part 2 video!!!!

See my first post for another proof.
    09-14-2011 06:35 PM
    Nice photoshop. This is a fake. The retail version has no SAMSUNG logo on the front. Check out the wire fly part 2 video!!!!
    Sigh SkyeHack. Bob from Wirefly stated in the comments that he was provided a PRE-PRODUCTION unit. If you look at all the other unboxings, the Samsung logo is on the top, on the front of the screen, with Galaxy SII and Sprint on the back cover.
    09-14-2011 06:35 PM

Ok....believe it now???? See your post in the background? Guess the demo models and the retail models are different...like that's never happened before.

Happy now?
    jobryan26 and foogle like this.
    09-14-2011 06:41 PM

When I was in the store, the rep only show me the phone itself, not the box. turtle3: Does it come with the HDMI adapter?
    09-14-2011 06:42 PM
    Ok....believe it now???? See your post in the background? Guess the demo models and the retail models are different...like that's never happened before.

Happy now?
    LOL...some internet people are too fast to jump on the prospect of proving another person wrong.

I do have a question: can you find a reference to Noise Cancellation in the menu settings at all?
    09-14-2011 06:44 PM
    When I was in the store, the rep only show me the phone itself, not the box. turtle3: Does it come with the HDMI adapter?
    No HDMI, sorry. Instruction book and charger, that's it.
    foogle likes this.
    09-14-2011 06:44 PM
    Let's get off of this photoshop BS and back to what's important ... tell us more about the phone turtle3! Give us your experiences today. How was call quality? Any issues with bluetooth pairing? How are your data speeds? All those kind of real world goodies!
    09-14-2011 06:45 PM
    I will only believe turtle3 if he takes a high definition picture with the phone while the forums is in the background on the computer screen and a sheet with his name on it and 2 forms of government id with todays newspaper while he is showing the about phone on the screen menu.

until then:

09-14-2011 06:50 PM
    LOL...some internet people are too fast to jump on the prospect of proving another person wrong.

I do have a question: can you find a reference to Noise Cancellation in the menu settings at all?
    Let's get off of this photoshop BS and back to what's important ... tell us more about the phone turtle3! Give us your experiences today. How was call quality? Any issues with bluetooth pairing? How are your data speeds? All those kind of real world goodies!
    Sorry...just hate it when people call BS, so I thought I'd put the debate to rest with that last pic. No reference to Noise Cancellation that I've found yet. Everything is flawless so far. I have one small beef with the UI of the stock messaging app, but I use Handcent, so no worries. Downloading speedtest to run some 4G speeds right now....worked all day and just getting to "play" with it tonight.
    tom299, foogle and JayWill like this.
    09-14-2011 06:52 PM
    I will only believe turtle3 if he takes a high definition picture with the phone while the forums is in the background on the computer screen and a sheet with his name on it and 2 forms of government id with todays newspaper while he is showing the about phone on the screen menu.

until then:

hahaha...yea...I'll get right on that. Sorry that all I have is my Evo to shoot pics of it and the Evo camera is sub-par for your liking. I do black out identifying info with Paint....guess that counts though. Sorry.
    09-14-2011 06:54 PM
    I would like to know everything you can tell.

Speed, I know its fast with out anything loaded, but how is it after loading your apps.

Camera/ video - good light, low light, moving objects, shutter speed. How is it?

Network: How are the Network speeds where you are. Speed test? I know varies.

Battery Life: How has it been so far? Maybe a screen shot.
    09-14-2011 07:06 PM
    4G connected in about 7 seconds. This is the first speedtest I ran and I'm sitting indoors in a coffee shop. PS - I'm not in Washington DC...not sure why it picked that server.
    09-14-2011 07:09 PM
    4G connected in about 7 seconds. This is the first speedtest I ran and I'm sitting indoors in a coffee shop. PS - I'm not in Washington DC...not sure why it picked that server.
    8mbps down. Not bad for WiMax honestly.
    VuNasty likes this.
    09-14-2011 07:12 PM
    I would like to know everything you can tell.

Speed, I know its fast with out anything loaded, but how is it after loading your apps.

Camera/ video - good light, low light, moving objects, shutter speed. How is it?

Network: How are the Network speeds where you are. Speed test? I know varies.

Battery Life: How has it been so far? Maybe a screen shot.
    Speed is ridiculous. I haven't noticed one glitch or slow down yet and I've loaded all my apps back. Did a test this afternoon loading multiple apps in a row and notice no lag whatsoever. This phone is sufficiently overpowered that the user-experience is flawless.

Camera is awesome. Has a 4x digital zoom that's actually quite good. Lots and lots of settings to change too so you can adjust for all the scenarios you listed. I haven't personally gone out and tested all those scenarios, but I did shoot some pics today and thought they blew my Evo out of the water.

Battery has been going for 14 and 1/2hrs today and I'm at 44%. I'm in a building all day that notoriously has poor cell coverage for all providers. My Evo would get worked by bouncing to roam or just straining to keep 3G connected. I'd find myself recharging mid-day on that phone, but the E4GT did just fine today.
    foogle and JayWill like this.
    09-14-2011 07:19 PM
    Battery has been going for 14 and 1/2hrs today and I'm at 44%. I'm in a building all day that notoriously has poor cell coverage for all providers. My Evo would get worked by bouncing to roam or just straining to keep 3G connected. I'd find myself recharging mid-day on that phone, but the E4GT did just fine today.
    That is insane. Makes me hopeful that I can have some battery draining apps and/or functions running and still get a full day of use.

Good stuff! Thank you!
    09-14-2011 07:25 PM
    This pisses me off to no end!

Here I am rocking a palm pre and I can't get rid of this thing till Friday! I literally want to kill someone right now due to frustrations with the Palm Pre! Not to mention I wouldn't be in this situation if it wasn't for 3 crappy Evo 3Ds & 1 Crappy Photon!

Sprint, you better not fail me Friday!
    09-14-2011 07:41 PM

Here I am rocking a palm pre and I can't get rid of this thing till Friday! I literally want to kill someone right now due to frustrations with the Palm Pre! Not to mention I wouldn't be in this situation if it wasn't for 3 crappy Evo 3Ds & 1 Crappy Photon!

They won't. This phone wins.
    09-14-2011 07:46 PM
    Have you gotten rid of Touchwiz and opted for a better launcher yet?
    09-14-2011 07:48 PM
    This phone is sufficiently overpowered that the user-experience is flawless.
    Perfect..that's exactly how I like my computers and my cars, too
    09-14-2011 07:52 PM

Dude, relax. I'm using a Blackberry Pearl w/ a sucky battery right now b/c my EVO screen decided to stop working a few weeks ago. I'd give anything to be back on my old Pre until Friday. lol. The Sprint rep even laughed at me when I activated the Pearl.
    09-14-2011 07:57 PM
93 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD