Local Sprint Corp store just emailed me to pickup the phone today

foogle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered the phone from a local Sprint corp store 2 weeks ago. They just emailed me to pick it up today. However, I will wait another two days for my wirefly phone to be deliver instead which saves me $100. But I just want to let everyone know that some local stores (at least mine) might start to sell this phone today.

This is Mr. Harris from the store location downtown you pre order a phone which you can pick up today when you come in ask to speak to Mr. Harris and I can get your phone for you

Update: So I stopped by the store and they let me see and buy the phone I pre-ordered, please see the attached image. Again, I didn't buy it since I am getting it from wirefly to save $100. The store rep also applied my $50 gift card to my bill. He said I can also called Sprint to pay our bill with it. This seems to be one of very few stores that actually let you get the phone early. Maybe they didn't know the policy to not sell it before the launch date.

Last edited:

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Local Sprint Corp store just emailed me to pickup the phone t

damn I pre-ordered, will call the store and see if I can pick it up today

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

this sounds very sketch

Seriously. Is that the exact wording in the email? It's written like a Chinese phishing scam email. Is this where you go down to pick it up and get jumped in the parking lot? :p

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

well just called my store, they told me to take a hike and not bother them till Friday, LOL

foogle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

Seriously. Is that the exact wording in the email? It's written like a Chinese phishing scam email. Is this where you go down to pick it up and get jumped in the parking lot? :p

Seriously, this is the exact wording from the email I got. It's just a clerk from the sprint store, so he probably just type up a quick notification email.

Ricolando

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

My store isn't even taking preorders, and they said their shipment was coming in tomorrow. The only nice thing is that they said I was the only person who's asked about the phone so I shouldn't have any difficulty getting if I stop by when they open on Friday.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site

Good luck buying it. It will ring up as $5000 or some such nonsense in the store before the official launch date to keep stores from selling early.

Nice try, though.

JPD

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site

I just talked to the manager of the corp store I use... he said the launch has been delayed til next Friday... I say bs... but thought I would pass on

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

I just talked to the manager of the corp store I use... he said the launch has been delayed til next Friday... I say bs... but thought I would pass on

You either didn't hear him say "PSYCH!" as you were walking away, or he's a blubbering idiot. I'm leaning towards the latter.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

Three of us have preorders all at different stores and we just checked...no way till Friday. The manager at my corporate store said he would get fired if he did it early.

wphend00

May 17, 2010
Visit site

My store isn't even taking preorders, and they said their shipment was coming in tomorrow. The only nice thing is that they said I was the only person who's asked about the phone so I shouldn't have any difficulty getting if I stop by when they open on Friday.

This is the exact same thing that sort of happened to me.
I went in last week and asked to be placed on the waiting list. THe guy there said "What waiting list"... I was like shocked... The guy went and talked to his manager, who in turn said "ok.. go ahead and get him a $50.00 gift certificate". So I said that I would come back the following week.
I went back yesterday. Guess what? Still no waiting list. I was hte first on the list... I paid for my $50.00 gift card and said that I would be there on Friday Morning at 9am.
Its like no one is asking about the Galaxy S2... When I asked questions to the store management I was told the following:

1) It is not being pushed as much because Samsung did not pay for advertising which is what most manufactures like HTC do. they pay for the ad campaigns, or contribute a lot for funds to them.

2) Phones will be there on Friday
3) I was one of the only people to ask for one.
4) That sprint will be releasing 15 different phones before the end of the year (LG Marquee to name one).

It was really weird and sort of scary. The Epic Touch will be the most powerful phone on the Sprint network... but I am wondering if there will be a new super phone that will get some BIG time hype, like say a Nexus Prime Device or an Iphone 5...

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

It was really weird and sort of scary. The Epic Touch will be the most powerful phone on the Sprint network... but I am wondering if there will be a new super phone that will get some BIG time hype, like say a Nexus Prime Device or an Iphone 5...

It's very possible that Sprint is saving its advertising dollars for the iPhone 5. Not a Nexus though. I also have a feeling that Sprint is betting that this phone is simply going to sell itself, which does take some time for word to get out when you don't pre-advertise the heck out of it.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site

I'd say it's a safe bet that something dramatically better will be coming soon. Definitely worth waiting a month for me to find out.