Local Sprint Corp store just emailed me to pickup the phone today

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: Local Sprint Corp store just emailed me to pickup the phone t

I have to ask....you buy a ET and then the iphone gets released to big advertising campaign....does you ET4G no longer work as well?????

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

I have to ask....you buy a ET and then the iphone gets released to big advertising campaign....does you ET4G no longer work as well?????

Yes. The whole of Sprint's network will automatically shift to an "iPhone Only" state, and all of us with Android and other devices will be left holding bricks. :p

locationman52

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I've been excited about this phone for months and preordered it on the Tuesday it was announced. But, for some reason, I don't think it's going to be as "BIG" as everyone thinks. I don't know why but as others have pointed out, there is almost zero excitement over the phone at Sprint. That absolutely baffles me. When I went in, the rep looked at me like I was crazy when I asked to preorder the phone. She had "ok, I don't know why he's doing this" written all over her face. Oh well. I tend to keep up with Sprint phones fairly well and I absolutely can't wait....guess that's all that matters. LOL

CPAIGLESIAS

May 14, 2010
Visit site

I went to a local sprint store yesterday and asked if I could preorder and the guy said no that I could only preorder in the weeks before the release. I was like WTF are you talkking about, the release is this friday. He went to his manager and they had to look it up in the computer to confirm "oh yeah its this friday". Nobody has asked about the phone evidently.

turtle3#AC

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site

Just an FYI - it's definitely worth asking. I purchased mine already. Since there's always a non-believer there's a pic attached for your pleasure. Go ask at a store and see what happens.

Good luck buying it. It will ring up as $5000 or some such nonsense in the store before the official launch date to keep stores from selling early.

Nice try, though.

Actually you're wrong. I paid $199.99 :D

For those that care....the phone is much better than I expected. I'm amazed how much power is packed into such a tight and light package. Battery life was phenomenal today (day 1) Used it all day (start at 5:15am) and still at 47%. Screen is amazing.

If anyone wants questions about the phone answered, post em and I'll do my best. In my opinion, this phone is a home run for Android lovers.

anon(120)

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site

How hot does it get if you leave the screen on full brightness for a while?

SkyeHack

Banned
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Just an FYI - it's definitely worth asking. I purchased mine already. Since there's always a non-believer there's a pic attached for your pleasure. Go ask at a store and see what happens.

For those that care....the phone is much better than I expected. I'm amazed how much power is packed into such a tight and light package. Battery life was phenomenal today (day 1) Used it all day (start at 5:15am) and still at 47%. Screen is amazing.

If anyone wants questions about the phone answered, post em and I'll do my best. In my opinion, this phone is a home run for Android lovers.

Nice photoshop. This is a fake. The retail version has no SAMSUNG logo on the front. Check out the wire fly part 2 video!!!!

500pxShopped.jpg

turtle3#AC

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site

How hot does it get if you leave the screen on full brightness for a while?

I have felt no heat from the phone at all. The LED screen does not use nearly as much battery and does not get warm. The colors are unbelievably better compared to my Evo 4G. I never knew what I was missing.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Congratulations on getting your hands on one early. That's sweet!

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Nice photoshop. This is a fake. The retail version has no SAMSUNG logo on the front. Check out the wire fly part 2 video!!!!

Sigh SkyeHack. Bob from Wirefly stated in the comments that he was provided a PRE-PRODUCTION unit. If you look at all the other unboxings, the Samsung logo is on the top, on the front of the screen, with Galaxy SII and Sprint on the back cover.

turtle3#AC

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site

500pxShopped.jpg

Ok....believe it now???? See your post in the background? Guess the demo models and the retail models are different...like that's never happened before.

Happy now?

Reactions: foogle

foogle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

When I was in the store, the rep only show me the phone itself, not the box. turtle3: Does it come with the HDMI adapter?

tom299

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Ok....believe it now???? See your post in the background? Guess the demo models and the retail models are different...like that's never happened before.

Happy now?

LOL...some internet people are too fast to jump on the prospect of proving another person wrong.

I do have a question: can you find a reference to Noise Cancellation in the menu settings at all?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Let's get off of this photoshop BS and back to what's important ... tell us more about the phone turtle3! Give us your experiences today. How was call quality? Any issues with bluetooth pairing? How are your data speeds? All those kind of real world goodies!

SkyeHack

Banned
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I will only believe turtle3 if he takes a high definition picture with the phone while the forums is in the background on the computer screen and a sheet with his name on it and 2 forms of government id with todays newspaper while he is showing the about phone on the screen menu.

until then:

Shoppp.jpg

turtle3#AC

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site

LOL...some internet people are too fast to jump on the prospect of proving another person wrong.

I do have a question: can you find a reference to Noise Cancellation in the menu settings at all?

Let's get off of this photoshop BS and back to what's important ... tell us more about the phone turtle3! Give us your experiences today. How was call quality? Any issues with bluetooth pairing? How are your data speeds? All those kind of real world goodies!

Sorry...just hate it when people call BS, so I thought I'd put the debate to rest with that last pic. No reference to Noise Cancellation that I've found yet. Everything is flawless so far. I have one small beef with the UI of the stock messaging app, but I use Handcent, so no worries. Downloading speedtest to run some 4G speeds right now....worked all day and just getting to "play" with it tonight.

turtle3#AC

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site

I will only believe turtle3 if he takes a high definition picture with the phone while the forums is in the background on the computer screen and a sheet with his name on it and 2 forms of government id with todays newspaper while he is showing the about phone on the screen menu.

until then:

Shoppp.jpg

hahaha...yea...I'll get right on that. Sorry that all I have is my Evo to shoot pics of it and the Evo camera is sub-par for your liking. I do black out identifying info with Paint....guess that counts though. Sorry.