Local Sprint Corp store just emailed me to pickup the phone today

kpazzo6

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Local Sprint Corp store just emailed me to pickup the phone t

Just an FYI - it's definitely worth asking. I purchased mine already. Since there's always a non-believer there's a pic attached for your pleasure. Go ask at a store and see what happens.

Actually you're wrong. I paid $199.99 :D

For those that care....the phone is much better than I expected. I'm amazed how much power is packed into such a tight and light package. Battery life was phenomenal today (day 1) Used it all day (start at 5:15am) and still at 47%. Screen is amazing.

If anyone wants questions about the phone answered, post em and I'll do my best. In my opinion, this phone is a home run for Android lovers.

so you are either a sprint employee or got a demo from samsung....what sprint store would open @ 5am to sell you a phone for $200??

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site

Interesting catch there. I hope its true, because I like the information turtle has provided us. I'm hoping to have one of these tomorrow evening (Radio Shack is holding one for me and has them in stock).

turtle3#AC

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Turtle,

Thanks for the info. I certainly recognize the variations in speed test. Part of the reason I want to Speedtest my Photon next to the GS2 a couple times before I make a decision. I appreciation your input regarding the little things that bother you.

As you get a chance to use the phone more I'd be curious about Call Quality (Photon is arguably the best I've ever heard), Headphone Quality (music, podcasts, etc) and the Heat when the proc really gets ramped up.

Phone quality is excellent. I'd say better than my evo for sure. Haven't tried the headphone jack, bit I'll do that tonight.

vincey2kr1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

Phone quality is excellent. I'd say better than my evo for sure. Haven't tried the headphone jack, bit I'll do that tonight.

What about signal quality compared to the Evo? My Evo got a better signal at my workplace then over the samsung epic, Hoping the Epic Touch is at least similiar to the Evo. Heard the evo3d was terrible, Photon being the best.

turtle3#AC

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Turtle,

One of the things that's important to me about my soon-to-be retired BlackBerry Bold 9700 is the LED notification of unread e-mail / text messages.

I know the GS2 has LED notification but I've read conflicting reports about how long it actually works for. Does it blink indefinitely until you pick up the handset and read your messages or does it just blink for a short period of time and then stop?

I know you have handcent installed on your phone but I haven't read up on it enough to know how it works. I've been a BlackBerry user for the past 4 years and have led a sheltered life as far as Android is concerned.

Thanks in advance.

So far here's what I can say about the LED: it is blue or red, so it can mix to be a magenta color too. It continues to blink indefinitely as best I can tell. (Its blinking red at me right now because I have an email...even with me on the phone). Handcent doesn't control it very well regardless of the settings picked. What happens is the light just comes on and stays solid :-( . I'll try some different things and aee if I can make it blink. However, using handcent is how I figured out the 3 (and while charging...red, then blue when charged)

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

So far here's what I can say about the LED: it is blue or red, so it can mix to be a magenta color too. It continues to blink indefinitely as best I can tell. (Its blinking red at me right now because I have an email...even with me on the phone). Handcent doesn't control it very well regardless of the settings picked. What happens is the light just comes on and stays solid :-( . I'll try some different things and aee if I can make it blink. However, using handcent is how I figured out the 3 (and while charging...red, then blue when charged)

So is it safe to say?

Red = Charging
Blue = Fully Charged (while still on charger)
Blinking Red = Notification

But with Handcent, text notifications = solid red?

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site

So is it safe to say?

Red = Charging
Blue = Fully Charged (while still on charger)
Blinking Red = Notification

But with Handcent, text notifications = solid red?

Well that sucks if it remains solid when a text message comes thru . I wonder if that's just a handcent thing or the stock messaging app performs this way as well...

turtle3#AC

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Well that sucks if it remains solid when a text message comes thru . I wonder if that's just a handcent thing or the stock messaging app performs this way as well...

Its a HC thing. Stock app blinks red. I get solid blue or red with HC. I want blinking blue for text, and red foe email. I'll figure it out. Might mean downloading one of those apps that controls it better

Reactions: BRIVERS73

skyo12

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site

I've been excited about this phone for months and preordered it on the Tuesday it was announced. But, for some reason, I don't think it's going to be as "BIG" as everyone thinks. I don't know why but as others have pointed out, there is almost zero excitement over the phone at Sprint. That absolutely baffles me. When I went in, the rep looked at me like I was crazy when I asked to preorder the phone. She had "ok, I don't know why he's doing this" written all over her face. Oh well. I tend to keep up with Sprint phones fairly well and I absolutely can't wait....guess that's all that matters. LOL

I went to the local store near my house and the lady told me they had 20 pre orders just yesterday (not sure how much truth there is to this statement) and was shocked at the demand... Then she told me she can make exceptions for my wife and I since we're new customers lol.

But regardless, she did say basically most stores in the area has sold all their initial shipments already and their stock won't be replenished until middle of next month.

I got to play with it for a few minutes and this device is GORGEOUS.

cpuOahu

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site

Yes, it's there when you pull down notifications along with Wifi and Bluetooth etc. (4G widget)

Last edited:

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I pre ordered mine and now they are telling me the 19th. I did not argue because that is pointless with them. I called about 10 different stores in 3 different states and was told the same thing. They don't even have the phones yet.