09-15-2011 04:54 PM
93 123 ...
tools
    I pre-ordered the phone from a local Sprint corp store 2 weeks ago. They just emailed me to pick it up today. However, I will wait another two days for my wirefly phone to be deliver instead which saves me $100. But I just want to let everyone know that some local stores (at least mine) might start to sell this phone today.

This is Mr. Harris from the store location downtown you pre order a phone which you can pick up today when you come in ask to speak to Mr. Harris and I can get your phone for you

Update: So I stopped by the store and they let me see and buy the phone I pre-ordered, please see the attached image. Again, I didn't buy it since I am getting it from wirefly to save $100. The store rep also applied my $50 gift card to my bill. He said I can also called Sprint to pay our bill with it. This seems to be one of very few stores that actually let you get the phone early. Maybe they didn't know the policy to not sell it before the launch date.
    09-14-2011 02:35 PM
    Damn, I wish my store would do that
    09-14-2011 02:37 PM
    damn I pre-ordered, will call the store and see if I can pick it up today
    09-14-2011 02:39 PM
    this sounds very sketch
    09-14-2011 02:42 PM
    this sounds very sketch
    Seriously. Is that the exact wording in the email? It's written like a Chinese phishing scam email. Is this where you go down to pick it up and get jumped in the parking lot?
    ajm91484 likes this.
    09-14-2011 02:47 PM
    well just called my store, they told me to take a hike and not bother them till Friday, LOL
    09-14-2011 02:47 PM
    this sounds very sketch
    When the NS4G came to sprint, my local Sprint store sold me it on a Friday and I believe it was due for release that sunday.
    09-14-2011 02:48 PM
    Seriously. Is that the exact wording in the email? It's written like a Chinese phishing scam email. Is this where you go down to pick it up and get jumped in the parking lot?
    Seriously, this is the exact wording from the email I got. It's just a clerk from the sprint store, so he probably just type up a quick notification email.
    09-14-2011 02:57 PM
    pics or it didnt happen.
    ajm91484 likes this.
    09-14-2011 02:58 PM
    My store isn't even taking preorders, and they said their shipment was coming in tomorrow. The only nice thing is that they said I was the only person who's asked about the phone so I shouldn't have any difficulty getting if I stop by when they open on Friday.
    09-14-2011 03:03 PM
    pics or it didnt happen.
    Sure, I will go down to the store after work in about 2 hours to check out the phone and see if they will let me use my $50 gift card to pay my bill.
    09-14-2011 03:04 PM
    OP better deliver or he will get negged.
    VuNasty likes this.
    09-14-2011 03:05 PM
    Good luck buying it. It will ring up as $5000 or some such nonsense in the store before the official launch date to keep stores from selling early.

Nice try, though.
    09-14-2011 03:22 PM
    I just talked to the manager of the corp store I use... he said the launch has been delayed til next Friday... I say bs... but thought I would pass on
    09-14-2011 03:37 PM
    I just talked to the manager of the corp store I use... he said the launch has been delayed til next Friday... I say bs... but thought I would pass on
    You either didn't hear him say "PSYCH!" as you were walking away, or he's a blubbering *****. I'm leaning towards the latter.
    sndplace likes this.
    09-14-2011 03:48 PM
    I agree that he is an *****
    09-14-2011 04:08 PM
    Three of us have preorders all at different stores and we just checked...no way till Friday. The manager at my corporate store said he would get fired if he did it early.
    09-14-2011 04:44 PM
    My store isn't even taking preorders, and they said their shipment was coming in tomorrow. The only nice thing is that they said I was the only person who's asked about the phone so I shouldn't have any difficulty getting if I stop by when they open on Friday.
    This is the exact same thing that sort of happened to me.
    I went in last week and asked to be placed on the waiting list. THe guy there said "What waiting list"... I was like shocked... The guy went and talked to his manager, who in turn said "ok.. go ahead and get him a $50.00 gift certificate". So I said that I would come back the following week.
    I went back yesterday. Guess what? Still no waiting list. I was hte first on the list... I paid for my $50.00 gift card and said that I would be there on Friday Morning at 9am.
    Its like no one is asking about the Galaxy S2... When I asked questions to the store management I was told the following:

1) It is not being pushed as much because Samsung did not pay for advertising which is what most manufactures like HTC do. they pay for the ad campaigns, or contribute a lot for funds to them.

2) Phones will be there on Friday
    3) I was one of the only people to ask for one.
    4) That sprint will be releasing 15 different phones before the end of the year (LG Marquee to name one).

It was really weird and sort of scary. The Epic Touch will be the most powerful phone on the Sprint network... but I am wondering if there will be a new super phone that will get some BIG time hype, like say a Nexus Prime Device or an Iphone 5...
    09-14-2011 04:57 PM
    It was really weird and sort of scary. The Epic Touch will be the most powerful phone on the Sprint network... but I am wondering if there will be a new super phone that will get some BIG time hype, like say a Nexus Prime Device or an Iphone 5...
    It's very possible that Sprint is saving its advertising dollars for the iPhone 5. Not a Nexus though. I also have a feeling that Sprint is betting that this phone is simply going to sell itself, which does take some time for word to get out when you don't pre-advertise the heck out of it.
    09-14-2011 05:03 PM
    I'd say it's a safe bet that something dramatically better will be coming soon. Definitely worth waiting a month for me to find out.
    09-14-2011 05:14 PM
    I have to ask....you buy a ET and then the iphone gets released to big advertising campaign....does you ET4G no longer work as well?????
    09-14-2011 05:16 PM
    I have to ask....you buy a ET and then the iphone gets released to big advertising campaign....does you ET4G no longer work as well?????
    Yes. The whole of Sprint's network will automatically shift to an "iPhone Only" state, and all of us with Android and other devices will be left holding bricks.
    09-14-2011 05:18 PM
    I've been excited about this phone for months and preordered it on the Tuesday it was announced. But, for some reason, I don't think it's going to be as "BIG" as everyone thinks. I don't know why but as others have pointed out, there is almost zero excitement over the phone at Sprint. That absolutely baffles me. When I went in, the rep looked at me like I was crazy when I asked to preorder the phone. She had "ok, I don't know why he's doing this" written all over her face. Oh well. I tend to keep up with Sprint phones fairly well and I absolutely can't wait....guess that's all that matters. LOL
    09-14-2011 05:22 PM
    yeah seems like a small release.
    09-14-2011 05:24 PM
    I went to a local sprint store yesterday and asked if I could preorder and the guy said no that I could only preorder in the weeks before the release. I was like WTF are you talkking about, the release is this friday. He went to his manager and they had to look it up in the computer to confirm "oh yeah its this friday". Nobody has asked about the phone evidently.
    09-14-2011 05:39 PM
93 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD