09-23-2011 09:29 PM
157 ... 4567
tools
    This is hilarious. I got this message just now on my LetsTalk Account Status page:

Dear XXXXXXXXXXX,
    There is a problem with your order and we need to speak with you. Please call us at 1 877 947 3460.

So, I called. The lady said, "There's nothing wrong with your order. Please hold." 2 minutes later, she comes back and said the phone is now being "hand picked" and will be shipped out tomorrow.

I go back to the LetsTalk Account status page and it now says:

Picking & Activating
    Congratulations! You have been approved for service and your phone(s) are currently being activated by your carrier.

Estimated Shipping Date: Thursday, September 22, 2011
    Estimated Delivery Date: Friday, September 23, 2011

LetsTalk has no idea what they are doing. I'll just say this... I got this phone for $99.99 with free shipping. But, the whole process was a tremendous pain in the neck. I doubt I'll deal with them ever again.

Here's wishing everyone the best of luck with their LetsTalk orders!!!!
    09-21-2011 12:38 PM
    Some unsolicited advice, CricketJoe.

When you get your phone, no matter how bada$$ it will be and no matter how much better it is than the Droid Bionic, play it off. Pretend her's is better. I'd hate for you to finally get the best cell phone out there and lose your girl on the same weekend.

I plan on doing the same with my wife. She's got the HTC 4G EVO Shift. I've already told her her phone will be better
    09-21-2011 12:42 PM
    Things seem pretty weird here. I ordered my phone on the 11th and I recieved it today, about 2 hours ago. They received their phones in the warehouse yesterday so not sure how they were sent out. I added a line so maybe new lines and activations went first and then upgrades?
    09-21-2011 12:45 PM
    Ordered mine from LetsTalk on the 18th, now says estimated shipping tomorrow (9/22) with delivery Friday.

I have to say, the LetsTalk customer service was very easy to deal with, and seemed exceptionally competent. I switched my personal plan to a family plan, upgraded my phone to the Epic, cancelled my wife's account and put her on my new family plan, and got a Replenish for the mother-in-law (also on the family plan) all without a hitch, thanks in large part to the LetsTalk reps' competence.

The local Sprint store had the phone last Saturday, true, but they wanted $199 + sales tax + $36 activation fee. Would have come out to over *$100* more than I paid LetsTalk. I don't think so!
    09-21-2011 12:48 PM
    Just ordered on the 18th and it is set to be delivered on Friday. It just switched from backordered to picking.

Picking & Activating
    Congratulations! You have been approved for service and your phone(s) are currently being activated by your carrier.

Estimated Shipping Date: Thursday, September 22, 2011
    Estimated Delivery Date: Friday, September 23, 2011
    09-21-2011 12:49 PM
    LetsTalk has no idea what they are doing. I'll just say this... I got this phone for $99.99 with free shipping. But, the whole process was a tremendous pain in the neck. I doubt I'll deal with them ever again.
    I cancelled my Lets Talk order already but I agree with you -- they're either completely disorganized or disingenuous in the way they conduct their business. Either way, I won't use them in the future unless they make some changes.
    09-21-2011 12:51 PM
    Things seem pretty weird here. I ordered my phone on the 11th and I recieved it today, about 2 hours ago. They received their phones in the warehouse yesterday so not sure how they were sent out. I added a line so maybe new lines and activations went first and then upgrades?
    Eric3316,
    How was the activation process?
    Did you have to activate the phone or was that done by LetsTalk?
    If it wasn't activated already, did you have to activate it through LetsTalk or Sprint?
    Just curious what you had to do.

Thanks,

R
    09-21-2011 01:00 PM
    Eric3316,
    How was the activation process?
    Did you have to activate the phone or was that done by LetsTalk?
    If it wasn't activated already, did you have to activate it through LetsTalk or Sprint?
    Just curious what you had to do.

Thanks,

R
    Phone was already activated when I got it......No need to call Sprint for anything.

I will be honest with you, at the price I got this phone for I was starting to doubt this company was even real and I would ever get a phone from them. But I guess they are legit and for the money I saved I would order again for a deal like this. $79.99 delivered, free overnight, no tax, no activation fee. That is pure craziness!
    09-21-2011 01:02 PM
    Phone was already activated when I got it......No need to call Sprint for anything.

I will be honest with you, at the price I got this phone for I was starting to doubt this company was even real and I would ever get a phone from them. But I guess they are legit and for the money I saved I would order again for a deal like this. $79.99 delivered, free overnight, no tax, no activation fee. That is pure craziness!
    You bring up an excellent point. I guess I should be more understanding considering the incredible demand for the phone. Not only were you able to get it for $80, but you got arguably the best cell phone ever made. I've never been able to get a cell phone for that price. Or for $99 (which I paid) for that matter.

I'll decide on the future of LetsTalk if I get this phone on Friday as they indicated. Fingers crossed.

Enjoy your phone, dude! I'm happy for you.
    09-21-2011 01:09 PM
    Some unsolicited advice, CricketJoe.

When you get your phone, no matter how bada$$ it will be and no matter how much better it is than the Droid Bionic, play it off. Pretend her's is better. I'd hate for you to finally get the best cell phone out there and lose your girl on the same weekend.

I plan on doing the same with my wife. She's got the HTC 4G EVO Shift. I've already told her her phone will be better

the good news is she already knows, she's knew about the galaxy s 2 well before I did. she was just pissed when she found out it wasn't coming to Verizon. I'll try to keep my excitement contained. LAst service I had was cricket with the huawei ascend. Service was fine but the phone was so slow. I can finally get rid of my mp3 player.
    09-21-2011 02:19 PM
    Sweet, my order just got bumped up to Ready to Ship, estimated delivery tomorrow too!!!
    09-21-2011 04:44 PM
    mine was bumped up from friday to thursday too! wooohoooo!

Estimated Shipping Date: Wednesday, September 21, 2011
    Estimated Delivery Date: Thursday, September 22, 2011
    09-21-2011 04:47 PM
    My phone was shipped today...should be here tomorrow. Tracking isn't working on it yet, but apparently it can take several hours before it's in their system.
    09-21-2011 04:50 PM
    Called today, and they sure have the worst customer service, pure horrible, mine is still 23rd (ordered on 10th). Never doing business with them again. Filed a complain in BBB.
    09-21-2011 06:15 PM
    Do they require a signature for delivery? I know wirefly hasnt in the past.
    09-21-2011 07:01 PM
    Do they require a signature for delivery? I know wirefly hasnt in the past.
    I hope not - my wife may be around but unless it comes in the evening, I won't be. I'm not sure if overnight delivery would more or less likely to leave it off at a house.
    09-21-2011 07:12 PM
    signature depends on the shipper. so most likely not.... I know some purchases over a certain amount requires a signature.
    09-21-2011 07:19 PM

:O how did you get that price?!
    09-22-2011 12:17 AM
    :O how did you get that price?!

Letstalk had a $99.99 price on the phone for new customers for an entire week. On top of that, they had a Facebook coupon for 20% off, a free activation promotion, and a free overnight shipping offer (including for people that complained that they didn't get their phone on launch day). As if all that wasn't enough, they also don't charge tax.

It's a damn shame that they couldn't secure a shipment for the phone sooner. Then it truly would have been perfect. Although as much as I would like to say that I won't order from them again, I'm too much of a penny pincher to ignore them if they have another great sale on a phone that I want. Maybe it was just a one-time screw-up? That's what I'll keep telling myself until I get screwed twice
    09-22-2011 01:09 AM
    they still havent shipped my phone or even tried to get in contact with me with an order update at first it said backordered and should be out for shipping 9/22 and fully shipped by 9/23 then i checked later on and now it says shipping 9/23 and fully shipped by 9/26 if my phone isnt here by friday i may just cancel my 89.99 order and look elsewhere for a deal because this is too much of a delay and life is hard living without a phone going on 2 weeks now
    p.s. cancelled my last phone because bill was due 9/13 and it wudnt make sense to pay the bill when i would have gotten this phone a few days later but now idk what to do
    09-22-2011 06:28 AM
    Call them. Its a 3 minute wait in my experience.
    09-22-2011 07:10 AM
    they still havent shipped my phone or even tried to get in contact with me with an order update at first it said backordered and should be out for shipping 9/22 and fully shipped by 9/23 then i checked later on and now it says shipping 9/23 and fully shipped by 9/26 if my phone isnt here by friday i may just cancel my 89.99 order and look elsewhere for a deal because this is too much of a delay and life is hard living without a phone going on 2 weeks now
    p.s. cancelled my last phone because bill was due 9/13 and it wudnt make sense to pay the bill when i would have gotten this phone a few days later but now idk what to do
    Did you have any other phones on your order? Their updates suck. I had ordered two phones (one epic touch and one other) and they were going to stall my entire order to wait until 9/24 for the other phone to get in stock. I just cancelled the other phone and they shipped my GSII yesterday. I placed my order on 9/16.

Give them a call and find out what happened. They have decent customer service. They should be giving you free overnight shipping too.
    09-22-2011 07:20 AM
    Letstalk had a $99.99 price on the phone for new customers for an entire week. On top of that, they had a Facebook coupon for 20% off, a free activation promotion, and a free overnight shipping offer (including for people that complained that they didn't get their phone on launch day). As if all that wasn't enough, they also don't charge tax.

It's a damn shame that they couldn't secure a shipment for the phone sooner. Then it truly would have been perfect. Although as much as I would like to say that I won't order from them again, I'm too much of a penny pincher to ignore them if they have another great sale on a phone that I want. Maybe it was just a one-time screw-up? That's what I'll keep telling myself until I get screwed twice
    Exactly......Plus I received my phone yesterday from them so it wasn't even a week later then release. So technically if I ordered from somewhere else I would be in the same boat today except my bank account would have had $100 less in it.

Glad I waited it out and didn't rush to by it from somewhere else to have the phone a few days earlier.
    09-22-2011 08:46 AM
    Picked mine up at 11:00am this morning from my UPS Box. Not sure what time it got there exactly, but it was already there when I checked at 10:00am online. I absolutely LOOOOVE this phone. Soooo happy I made the switch from my iphone4 to the GSII and Android!!!
    09-22-2011 03:24 PM
    Just received my phone (been waiting since 11am and it didn't come until 6pm -_- )

No signature was required. Time for a full charge and then off I go to test this baby out
    09-22-2011 05:16 PM
157 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD