09-17-2011 11:32 PM
33 12
tools
    Ok everyone on here pretty much knows I'm straight up and honest no fan to anything ..the Photon is an awesome phone ..the build quality and antennas or radios are top notch ..the processor speed is nit much different then the galaxy I'm real life application ..also the audio loud speaker is second to none ..I currently have both phones and the Sammy does have reception and 3g issues ..the thing it wins over the photon is camera, screen, and battery life. .case closed
    09-17-2011 06:16 PM
    I'm out of the US right now, so can't see the Sprint version. I've seen the non-US versions and was wowed by the thinness. What kind of protective cases is Sprint offering, and how much does that reduce the perceived thinness?

Thinner but not much thinner as you have stated.. be honest I have both phones right now

The bare Samsung is much thinner than my bare Photon - but since a same-brand/style case will add the same thickness and about the same weight to both phones, I wonder how much a case will reduce the perceived difference in thickness and weight?
    09-17-2011 06:18 PM
    Thinner but not much thinner as you have stated.. be honest I have both phones right now
    Thanks for the reply. I didn't mention that the non-US versions I saw were all dead demos (the fake static screen). The lack of weight probably affected my perception of thickness.

I also wonder about the 'bump' at the bottom - seems like that would make it hard for Seidio (my fav case) to make their 2-piece slip-on Surface case.
    09-17-2011 06:45 PM
    Ok everyone on here pretty much knows I'm straight up and honest no fan to anything ..the Photon is an awesome phone ..the build quality and antennas or radios are top notch ..the processor speed is nit much different then the galaxy I'm real life application ..also the audio loud speaker is second to none ..I currently have both phones and the Sammy does have reception and 3g issues ..the thing it wins over the photon is camera, screen, and battery life. .case closed
    I'm like you - not a fanboy. No phone / car / product is perfect ... I always see pros and cons to anything I evaluate, and don't get emotionally invested in my decisions.

WRT the screen - can you say more? I was skeptical about the Photon's screen from reading reviews, but was very pleasantly surprised in the store. Do you like the Samsung colors, brightness better? What about the lower resolution combined with a larger screen - any pixelation / blockiness?

TIA
    09-17-2011 06:54 PM
    If your work takes you outside of the country the Photon with its global GSM sim capabilities is the way to go. Other than that I'd say both are excellent devices, don't think you can go wrong either way. I currently own a Photon but I'm switching to the Galaxy SII Epic Touch 4g for the Amoled Plus Screen. My friends tell me I'm insane but as a graphic designer and a photographer I notice the pentile matrix on the Photon's screen and it drives me batty. They don't notice it, but I do. As mentioned before call quality on my Photon has been outstanding, fantastic battery life, really the entire experience has been great. The only reason I'm switching is just the screen which may or may not be an issue for you.

As always best advice would be to go check the two out in the sprint store and see which one you think will work best for you.
    You might want to actually play with one first. I returned mine because thePhoton display is brighter than the ET, plus with the larger screen and lower resolution there were times when the text looked fuzzy on the ET. There are other issues as well, but I am so glad that I kept the Photon. Much better signal strength, call quality and better email functionality (no select all to delete on the ET).
    09-17-2011 07:12 PM
    I do. I have used both side by side and the ET has terrible signal strength and much worse call quality than the Photon at least where I live. I usually would have one to two bars on the ET when I had full bars on the Photon. The speaker on the ET is loud, but not clear. The speakerphone on the Photon is useable while the ET is questionable. The ET is definitely better with sound than the Nexus Sand EVO 3D though.
    whatsitsname likes this.
    09-17-2011 07:21 PM
    I have both. Tell me how the ET has a better calendar and more business apps.
    09-17-2011 07:26 PM
    I do. I have used both side by side and the ET has terrible signal strength and much worse call quality than the Photon at least where I live. I usually would have one to two bars on the ET when I had full bars on the Photon. The speaker on the ET is loud, but not clear. The speakerphone on the Photon is useable while the ET is questionable. The ET is definitely better with sound than the Nexus Sand EVO 3D though.
    This guy is 100% on point with the comparison.
    09-17-2011 11:32 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD