Samsung Reception still Abysmal?

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Are you talking about the fact that the reviewer says MOTO is better?

Where do you people come from with your big words like ABYSMAL relative to something some twerp reviewer says? You gotta be paid for this crap or paranoid as hell...or a little kid.

In our house, side by side when I was trying the Photon (all 3 of them), same exact signal as my wife's EPIC.

So....stop wetting your pants and being an alarmist over nothing. Do yourself a favor and comment once you know something to be a fact based on your own experience. It will make you sound just a bit more grown up.

cacherpaderp

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site

Where do you people come from with your big words like ABYSMAL relative to something some twerp reviewer says? You gotta be paid for this crap or paranoid as hell...or a little kid.

In our house, side by side when I was trying the Photon (all 3 of them), same exact signal as my wife's EPIC.

So....stop wetting your pants and being an alarmist over nothing. Do yourself a favor and comment once you know something to be a fact based on your own experience. It will make you sound just a bit more grown up.

Be easy on the poor chap, slugger.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Actually I was. I swear posts like this must come from paid shills.......does it really warrant the word "abysmal" based upon something they don't know for themselves to be true?

Perhaps they are just headline / attention grabbers / alarmists by their genes....or paid shills.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
He talks about 4G sleeping because it gave up trying to find signal? I don't he knows about 4G on Sprint. I have full bar and when not in use my 4G sleeps because im not using it. I like the video, but on mute.:)

bjones521

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Are you a child? Or just a fanboy? I ask a question about your beloved phone and you get angry! LOL. I have the Nexus S. Maybe you should read up on it! And this phone has the same wifi and 4g radios! If you had my phone. You'd be a tad worried also!!

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Are you a child? Or just a fanboy? I ask a question about your beloved phone and you get angry! LOL. I have the Nexus S. Maybe you should read up on it! And this phone has the same wifi and 4g radios! If you had my phone. You'd be a tad worried also!!

Some people just cannot accept it when others find fault with their dream phones. LOL.

evansgw

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Wifey has the NS4G and her signal isn't great. I think it actually got worse after they tried to fix it. Disappointed the E4GT has the same radios.

I hope they learnt from that experience... Probably too much to expect!

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
He talks about 4G sleeping because it gave up trying to find signal? I don't he knows about 4G on Sprint. I have full bar and when not in use my 4G sleeps because im not using it. I like the video, but on mute.:)

Its ironic in the video the photon is showing the unable to connect to 4G icon in the notification bar in that video as she says it.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Sprint's Galaxy S2 uses the same radio as the Nexus-S 4G which sucks :( I hope the WiFi chip is different in the S2 compared to the N-S ?

My Wife and I both have the Nexus-S 4G, and indoors this phone is useless without a good WiFi connection, but voice calls drop a lot inside, and even WiFi drops signal a lot more than my EVO 4G ever did.

3G download speeds in the Chicago are are a joke, on average I get 200k/sec downloads with full bars. 4G if I can lock onto a signal for more than few minutes might be 3mb/sec, but it just kills the battery. Forget about watching YouTube clips, it never stays on.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Ugh these discussions are getting old. The phone comes out tomorrow. Give it a couple weeks and read up on user experiences about signal strength. Your question should be answered definitively by then. Until that time, all of this is just hot air spewing from our keyboards.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Well we do know if it shares the same radio as the Nexus-S 4G which is known to have poor signal and bad connection. Sure the update helped bit it still far worse than the Motorola Photon

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the photon but you can blame sprint service for all these issues. I change phones like crazy. I have tried nexus s, it had better 4g speeds than even the evo, in the same room the nexus never disconnected where evo 3d would lose signal left and right. Yes I am saying that the sprint service is very picky. I mean you can expect evo 3d to work great outdoors but the nexus worked inside my room no problem. The motorola does hold 4g signal better, I recently moved and the evo 3d doesn't even pick up a signal for 4g where photon does connect. Sprint service is pathetic in some places, you can have best 4g or 3g service the same signal strength, it just seems that the towers cant handle it in some areas. I get .05mb in the new area on 3g and 4g ranges from .75mb to 2mb if I am lucky. 2mb rarely happens.
At home I can just live on wifi, I can't rely on data service at all at the new location. I think people either would love sprint or hate them depending on where they are. My brothers house is suppose to be in best 4g coverage and the photon doesn't even connect at his house, kinda pathetic. If you ask me I think it is sprint's towers that screw you over not the phone.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I have the photon but you can blame sprint service for all these issues. I change phones like crazy. I have tried nexus s, it had better 4g speeds than even the evo, in the same room the nexus never disconnected where evo 3d would lose signal left and right. Yes I am saying that the sprint service is very picky. I mean you can expect evo 3d to work great outdoors but the nexus worked inside my room no problem. The motorola does hold 4g signal better, I recently moved and the evo 3d doesn't even pick up a signal for 4g where photon does connect. Sprint service is pathetic in some places, you can have best 4g or 3g service the same signal strength, it just seems that the towers cant handle it in some areas. I get .05mb in the new area on 3g and 4g ranges from .75mb to 2mb if I am lucky. 2mb rarely happens.
At home I can just live on wifi, I can't rely on data service at all at the new location. I think people either would love sprint or hate them depending on where they are. My brothers house is suppose to be in best 4g coverage and the photon doesn't even connect at his house, kinda pathetic. If you ask me I think it is sprint's towers that screw you over not the phone.
Man oh man.
Ive been with Sprint 7 years data serivce went down hill after EVO launch due to so many new customers jamming up network.
A few months ago data service picked up faster then ever in my area due to Network upgrade so relax kick back increased speeds coming your way.
Network upgrade should be pretty much completed in 2nd Q 2012 putting lack of 3G speed topic to bed

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Hehe. I guess Wirefly's HQ is located in a strong WiMax area and weak VZW LTE area. WiMax isn't bad if you actually have it where you live, but VZW's LTE speeds crush it on average across the country.