09-16-2011 12:28 AM
35 12
tools
    hmm all this negative chat about radio
    Were is fact info that states both use same radio?
    If it does use same radio were is fact that Samsung hasn't applied better firmware to work on GSII?

Until both questions are answered with fact this thread is waste....oh except for my chocolate chip cookie post lol
    Feel free to throw me thanks for that
    09-15-2011 06:58 PM
    Out of curiosity, where is everyone reading that this has the same radio? Even if true, that does not mean software/firmware has evolved to make all the difference.
    There was an article on one of the tech sites a couple weeks ago that claimed this. I can't remember which one and I can't find it. I thought it was Gizmodo, or Gizmocrunch, or Gizmondofondohippyhappycrunch. Honestly I can't keep them all straight anymore.
    09-15-2011 07:09 PM
    From Brief Mobile's review:

The Epic 4G Touch shows a much stronger signal then its predecessor, the Epic 4G. In fact, theres nearly a two bar (approximately -18 to -20 dBm) difference between the devices. Furthermore, it beats out the Nexus S 4G by at least -10 dBm in most scenarios. This is surprising considering the problems Samsung devices have been facing with CDMA technology, as seen in the Nexus S 4G and the Epic 4G. Numerous software updates have been released for the Nexus S 4G and Epic 4G alike for signal improvements, but its quite nice to have a Samsung device with a working radio/modem out of the box.
    I think we can put this one to bed. Nigh nigh!
    Slingbox likes this.
    09-15-2011 07:58 PM
    Haters run for you lives this topic is dead
    09-15-2011 08:13 PM
    Haters run for you lives this topic is dead

But its plasticky!!!
    09-15-2011 08:40 PM
    But its plasticky!!!
    What? the radio? Sammy uses high quality materials. This Plastic stuff is old and whack. Would you rather it be made of metal or glass? I have dropped my First Epic 3+ft off the nite stand reaching for my glasses and this plasticy Phone took it like hot butter on bread. Sammy's phone is top notch . You don't have to like or get it but please don't put this beast of a phone down because its Plasicy. thanks
    09-15-2011 09:08 PM
    u go ham sndplace
    09-15-2011 09:11 PM
    dont know if they are upgrading their towers, not that they tell me. My signal strength is the same as the signal strenght that I had before. I downloaded the app from market that tells you where the nearest tower is. I am connected to a tower 1344m from me, it is not that far on the map. My speeds are terrible though, I mean down right slow. I cant break 50kb on 3g and half a meg on 4g if that is possible.

I am not on the edge by any means. Last time I called they said nothing about towers being upgraded, to them everything is fine in my area and there is no work going on. I am not complaining I am usually happy but I would love to rely on my phone if my internet goes down at home, which happened today for 2 hours. Well they have me for another year and a half, so if they arn't able to finish by then I would sadly have to lose my unlimited data.
    Sorry that you have had these problems. Not that it matters but my co-worker was having lots of problems with her EVO shift . she took it in and they said the problems were a software issue. Has a new phone and no problems. She got hers at RS. good luck if you get this phone hope it works better for you...
    09-15-2011 09:12 PM
    I can tell you right now, that their may be some signal issues with people that have just okay sprint service. I have noticed the signal jumping all over the place. Often times it would drop all bars, but still retained 3g. Im sure an update will help fix this later on, but I do see it as a potential issue.
    09-15-2011 10:44 PM
    Sorry that you have had these problems. Not that it matters but my co-worker was having lots of problems with her EVO shift . she took it in and they said the problems were a software issue. Has a new phone and no problems. She got hers at RS. good luck if you get this phone hope it works better for you...
    No just picked up the samsung and returned the photon, I have the evo 3d as well on a separate line. I get service, I always get 3g, signal strenght seems fine but it is just really slow on data, I mean too slow. I have no complain about the signal, I do have complain about the data speed though.

I moved to northern cali recently and I got decent data speeds in so cal where I moved from.
    09-16-2011 12:28 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD