Add new line with E4GT, cancel old line -- any problem with that?

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Add new line with E4GT, cancel old line -- any problem with t

The ETF should be what you contracted for, meaning deals signed before the change cash out at the old rate; deals signed after get it in the neck.

Funny how wherever the iPhone goes, death and higher costs precede it?

Reactions: bodymassage5

h4ldol

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site

Update: I called today to cancel my old line (with the Evo 4G) and to my disappointment, the line doesn't get cancelled/closed until the end of the billing cycle/period, which is already charged for a month in advance. Stupid Sprint. When I cancelled with AT&T (to go to Sprint in 2010), my account closed that same day, but with Sprint you don't get any prorated refund for the remainder of the billing cycle since you can't cancel mid-cycle. Of course, this means that my ETF is $10 cheaper too...

methoderik

May 18, 2011
Visit site

I called a few weeks ago, pitched a fit, and they reset my upgrade eligibility. Back when I got my evo 4g, when there was a rumor that the silver premier members were going to lose the yearly upgrades, I made the sales rep promise me that I would get one last yearly upgrade after the evo. When I logged onto my account and saw he incorrect, I called and voiced my displeasure. It took a while, but they finally agreed.

kanyewest

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I did it. Added a new line, got the SGIIE4GT for $199.99 plus tax. Cxl old line that was due for a $150 discount upgrade in July 2012. Only have to pay partial ETF which is $100. So i pretty much got the, phone for a grand total of approx. $314.

The etf is charged to the bill. The old line gets turned off at the end of billing cycle. The rep at the sprint store said she could only activate the new line but not cxl the old one there at the store or she would get fired. So when i got home i called and cxl over the phone.

Im on a family plan with two other phones. The $129.99 plan.

h4ldol

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site

Question: Can I keep my Evo 4G after the line is closed/cancelled and use it as a non-cellular device?

That is, can I use it as a media/wifi device (like an iPod Touch)? Or will it be completely unuseable after the line is cancelled? I am thinking that I may just keep it rather than get $87 for it and use it for monitoring my baby cams at home using wifi.

trentlythp

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

Question: Can I keep my Evo 4G after the line is closed/cancelled and use it as a non-cellular device?

That is, can I use it as a media/wifi device (like an iPod Touch)? Or will it be completely unuseable after the line is cancelled? I am thinking that I may just keep it rather than get $87 for it and use it for monitoring my baby cams at home using wifi.

yes you can keep it and use it strictly over wifi. It's basically the same thing as keeping your old phone after an upgrade.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I did it. Added a new line, got the SGIIE4GT for $199.99 plus tax. Cxl old line that was due for a $150 discount upgrade in July 2012. Only have to pay partial ETF which is $100. So i pretty much got the, phone for a grand total of approx. $314.

The etf is charged to the bill. The old line gets turned off at the end of billing cycle. The rep at the sprint store said she could only activate the new line but not cxl the old one there at the store or she would get fired. So when i got home i called and cxl over the phone.

Im on a family plan with two other phones. The $129.99 plan.

$314 .... for about $60 more you could of gotten it from Craigslist, and kept your number sell your old Evo ($180-220 depending on condition) and paid only $180-$200 for it. Simple.

Sent from the best MoPho

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol