05-27-2013 11:36 PM
360 ... 89101112 ...
    Got mine today. Had the Evo 4G since it came out. Nice......!!!!

11-14-2011 06:03 PM
    Got mine about a month or so ago and my gf wanted one, so she just got one today as well, also through Amazon.
    11-14-2011 09:06 PM
    Got mine today! Unfortunately the case I got was for the AT&T version (it didn't specify!), so I'll have to remember to be extra careful until I get one.

It should be fun, once I get it all figured out.
    11-16-2011 09:38 PM
    Got mine a couple of days ago. WOW...

Now I am wondering how I lasted as long as I did with my Palm Pre- ??

Honestly, I had no idea as to the difference in power, speed, screen!!!!!, and what APPS can do...

In about 48 hours I've grown very accustomed to how Android operates and I don't really miss WebOS. All the other things this device does just makes WebOS moot.

I got mine at Amazon for $99 - and I should have bought my wife one also... she needs to dump her pre also.

Thanks to all the help I am getting on these forums!
    11-17-2011 07:49 AM
    Just got mine today at best buy with a free samsung bluray player! I've been a long time lover of my Tbolt but this phone is just so damn smooth!
    11-20-2011 12:47 AM
    im leaving my EVO 3D for this
    11-22-2011 10:57 AM
    Picked up my S2 on black friday with no hassle. Sprint also gave me $250 credit for my att iPhone 4. Couldn't be happier with the phone and the os. Had a small problem with screen response when charging, but Sprint swapped out the charger and no problems since. Love mah Android!
    11-27-2011 03:29 PM
    I got my S2 about 3 weeks ago after dropping verizon for sprint. I had originally bought the Photon 4G but was experiencing the "Sleep of Death" issue with it. I took the Photon back to Best Buy and had them swap it out for the S2. So far I am very pleased and have had very few issues.
    12-01-2011 12:02 PM
    Getting my sgs2 in the mail today, took advantage of the Amazon $0.01 deal and opened a new line and making my Evo strickly work only. Carrier IQ has me a bit concerned, been running cm7 on my Evo forever and was actually looking forward to not rooting/roming the touch. grrr...oh well.
    12-02-2011 11:29 AM
    Mine arrived from Amazon last night -- so far so good!
    12-07-2011 07:58 AM
    picked mine up, 12/8/11 my pre started to have physical issues the specs on the phone are incredible, I like it so far I do miss the ease of use with the webos but the advanced specs on this phone and I got it for a good price and I am finding I can download an app to make it more webos like, if I get the cards feature I will be a very happy man. I probably have so many apps running in the background now the swipe away to close was revolutionary with webos I'm sure they have a patten on that. I'll give this tip calling sprint tech support to get more familiar with the phone faster is a waste of time. better of calling samsung they are much more knowledgeable.
    12-10-2011 05:57 AM
    Just got mine today at best buy with a free samsung bluray player! I've been a long time lover of my Tbolt but this phone is just so damn smooth!
    how did u swing the free blueray player?
    12-10-2011 05:59 AM
    got mine on Tuesday (Dec 6) I am absolutely in love with this phone! I started in the Android world with an EVO 4g I bought on launch day in June of 2010, I kept that phone until Black Friday 2011 at which point I just had to have an iphone 4s (lol jesusphone) and let me tell you, it aint what they crack it up to be! so generic and locked down. Im now 100% completely happy with this Epic, so sexy, fast, and a beautiful screen!
    12-10-2011 06:13 AM
    I got my S2 about 3 weeks ago after dropping verizon for sprint. I had originally bought the Photon 4G but was experiencing the "Sleep of Death" issue with it. I took the Photon back to Best Buy and had them swap it out for the S2.
    Did you have the Best Buy insurance for it? One of our Evo 3Ds (non-rooted company phone) has a display issue where the screen wont respond when touched. Kinda makes this whole "touch screen keyboard" an issue. We bought issurance up front (but didn't read the online forum disclaimers) and haven't taken it back yet to Best Buy - because the online forums said they took your phone for up to 3 months and gave you an OLD flip phone in its place. It's still within the 6 months so we were going to just trade it in towards a new one but if you are telling me your Photon was under the BB insurance for $10/month we will try our luck....

Arcolino1 - BB was giving free Samsung blu ray with new line activation (i think, might have been upgrades too) where the blu ray came into the store for pickup or shipped 1 day after your 14 day return policy. It was going on the week of thanksgiving i believe...
    12-10-2011 12:43 PM
    I got mine last Monday for only a penny thanks to a co-worker tipping me off about a deal that Amazon Wireless had going on. All I had to do was sign up for a 2yr contract with Sprint. Its only been a week and I'm completely in love with it. If it had a pulse my boyfriend might have a reason to be worried. lol
    12-13-2011 01:11 AM
    Just upgraded from HTC Hero at Target yesterday for $99! this is a totally new experience!
    12-17-2011 10:17 PM
    Wow, I got mine last night at the Sprint Store in Onalaska, WI. My HTC EVO was having issues charging and it was back ordered. Perfect opportunity to get a new phone!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!
    12-21-2011 07:36 PM
    Mine is out for delivery..can't wait to get home to play with it!! I've been away from Android for far too long! lol
    12-22-2011 08:30 AM
    Mine arrived on Thursday. Shut down my Palm Pre+, reluctantly, tonight and fired up the Epic. Wasn't able to export the calendar from the Pre+. Didn't realize one couldn't have both 3G & Wi-Fi on at the same time. Having trouble signing in to one of my two Google accts. HUGE learning curve. Otherwise, great new experience!
    12-25-2011 01:09 AM
    Just got mine on Friday from Amazon Wireless (great price btw, $79 upgrade). I replaced my aging Palm Pixi. This thing is awesome!
    12-26-2011 01:17 AM
    Just got mine on Friday as well from Amazon Wireless. Couldn't miss out on it being $79 upgrade from my Epic 4g. Great phone!!
    12-27-2011 12:42 PM
    Got mine last Thursday ($79.99 Amazon), but due to my emotional tie to my Palm Pre (more webOS...2 1/2 long yrs) I didn't activate it for 2 days (I know I'm pathetic.....if you've used webOS you'd understand).

Apart from missing true multitasking and a better notification system, this phone is freakin awesome! Glad I made the move!

-Bigger screen
    -Faster Processor
    -More built-in storage
    -More RAM
    -And MORE APPS!!!

12-27-2011 05:14 PM
    I made the move from the Evo3D a couple of weeks ago.
    I missed HTC Sense at first, some might say it is nicer to look at, but after playing around with different "launchers" - go launcher at the moment, I miss it less and less.

The #1 thing I like is the battery life is fantastic compared to the 3D. I only had the 3D for the six months or so it was out and I had to basically have it plugged in half the day at work, then charge it up overnight at home. And this was with minimal usage.

With the Epic I have been able to do more and actually enjoy using my phone and all of the apps out there without having to worry about battery life! I use the phone, text, FB, check emails, surf web, use pandora for a few hours and still have 30-40% or better battery life by the end of the day!

Very happy with the phone.
    12-28-2011 11:15 AM
    I'm also used to HTC Sense, but I'm going to try the Go launcher and see how that works out for me..I'm loving my phone!
    12-28-2011 07:44 PM
    I got mine yesterday after a very awful, very bad day. Won't get into the details, but it started with me losing my phone (EVO 4g) at work yesterday. I work in EMS so I move around quite a bit and had to drop it between two facilities I visited. Went back to both, searched around, left name and our dispatch number to no avail. I was only 3 1/2 months into my new contract, too. What a bummer.

So, after my shift ended later that afternoon, I went to Radio Shack and had my phone deactivated hoping nobody had found it and had put in a few calls to China. I was going to pick up another EVO as I still had many of the accessories for it and thought I'd save getting the same phone again, but I was told HTC doesnt make them anymore and they had clearanced and sold out what stock they had.

Anyway, I picked up the Epic 4G Touch as a replacement after remembering all the great reviews about it. I was also looking for another large screen phone for watching Netflix, playing games and surfing the interwebs. I didn't get a great deal on it, but I expected to pay dearly. Took a bit getting used to going from HTC to Samsung, but I love the phone and am quite happy with it. It's quick, great screen resolution and I know down the line it will get the pushes for upgrades which I don't believe my EVO would have gotten. Happy customer.
    12-29-2011 03:41 AM
360 ... 89101112 ...