05-27-2013 11:36 PM
360 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    I got my Epic Touch two days ago from Amazon. I was lucky to upgrade my Hero for $79 when the deal was running. It's rooted, custom ROM and working good :-). Happy user right now.
    12-30-2011 09:47 AM
    Got my Epic 4G Touch yesterday. I had iPhone 4S and was VERY bored with it. I missed Android. Dont know what I was thinking going to iPhone. But Im back and loving it!
    12-30-2011 10:30 AM
    Got mine from amazon 3 weeks ago when it was $149. The day it was delivered the price dropped to $79.
    I sent amazon an email and they refunded me $70 right away!
    01-02-2012 09:53 PM
    I got my SGSII a couple of weeks ago after killing my Epic 4G (I miss that phone!) So far (now that I have tether working), I'm happy with the purchase.
    01-03-2012 08:03 AM
    Am I late to the party? just upgraded to the epic 4g touch from my Evo 4g, no regrets!
    01-03-2012 09:52 AM
    got mine. however, i can't seem to get the latest ota update on my phone. is there a way to do this manually?
    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    01-04-2012 06:52 AM
    I got mine a few days after Christmas. I sold my EVO 3D and I haven't looked back. I love this phone!!!
    01-04-2012 04:34 PM
    I've had mine for a couple weeks. First smart phone. I'm sure happy with the phone and its size when compared to my daughters i phone.
    01-07-2012 08:40 PM
    When I first walked out of the store I began thinking I made a mistake, it was so large and I had been a regular phone user, but it was recommended to me by a couple users, also I researched this site quite a bit before making decision to buy it.
    I got used to the size in a couple days. Bigger is better at least for me. Seven year old Grandson wants to play games on it, not Mom's i phone. Camera is fantastic. Fits in my front levi pocket with the case. I've worked and even played handball with it in my pocket.
    01-07-2012 08:57 PM
    Hi everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself. I got my Galaxy S 2 Epic 4G Touch this past weekend at Target for $99. I found it interesting to learn that the Target wireless operation is actually run by Radio Shack. The person I worked with was very knowledgeable.

I upgraded from the LG Optimus S. My wife dropped her phone one time too many, so she needed a phone. She let me get the swanky upgrade and I gave her my Optimus.
    I was very happy with the Optimus S. The development community was fantastic and I had a custom ROM on it

I'm still learning the ins and outs of this new phone, but so far I'm happy with it. The first thing I did was order a gel case from China for $1.50 and a screen protector. It's amazing how cheap phone accessories are from China.
    01-11-2012 04:12 PM
    I got my Galaxy S2 4g touch a 4 days ago and my intial review is mixed. As a former Crackberry addict its a nice upgrade but i miss things like puch email, great battery life and stable apps. I'm hoping i just got a defective device b/c I plan to exchange this one.
    01-11-2012 04:55 PM
    Just got my white Epic 4G Touch. I upgraded from an Epic 4G. I love it so far. Very fast & very stable.
    01-12-2012 02:52 PM
    I got my Galaxy S2 4g touch a 4 days ago and my intial review is mixed. As a former Crackberry addict its a nice upgrade but i miss things like puch email, great battery life and stable apps. I'm hoping i just got a defective device b/c I plan to exchange this one.
    Push email? how do you miss this? The stock email app allows for an Exchange account and Gmail which both do Push email. A blackberry server still requires an Exchange or Lotus email server to function so if you had push email on your Blackberry you should be able to get it working.
    01-12-2012 03:56 PM
    First post to say that I have finally joined the 21st century and purchased my first smart phone! Now I just have to read for 45 days or so to catch up!!
    01-13-2012 09:39 PM
    Just upgraded from the Photon. What took me so long. This phone rules!
    01-13-2012 10:39 PM
    Got My Galaxy on 12/22/11 Wife got it for me for Xmas. Coming from a OG Evo im just amazed at the Size of the Phone and the clarity of the screen. The Phone just feels great in my hand. I find myself just holding it and realizing how light it feels in my hand compared to an EVO. Happy i converted over to the E4GT. Goodbye HTC Try to make lighter and thinner phones (im sure consumers fingers will thank you)
    01-15-2012 05:20 PM
    i made the switch from ip4s two days ago. Love the screen and clarity etc, BUT.... don't like the locked screen and the phone darkens allot while I am using it even though I have now set it for 10 minutes. Miss being able to tap the screen to engage screen, and while making two calls it went black and I couldn't end the call without pressing the side button first to lighten the screen, Playing angry birds and screen went dark, so I got frustrated and quit. I keep all apps off except what I am using, played game several times for about 5 minutes each , and battery was below half. On the iphone, I didn't even make a dent. Still trying to find an ap that I can upload to iphoto with .
    Bummer. I have power saving mode on etc... brightness on low... sheesh.... what am I dong wrong ? also, couldn't get the gps to work at all ( couldn't find my location ) ah earth ? LOLOL
    any ideas ?? Thanks
    01-23-2012 02:40 AM
    I just traded my HTC EVO shift for the Samsung S II. Email is important for me and the Samsung is a big disappointment. Email messages from a POP3 server are not really sent to the phone on the Samsung like it was on the HTC. I get 10 messages on the phone and they don't stay there. If I delete one from the server, they're gone from the phone. If I get into an area with poor reception, the phone won't show them.

Three days and many calls to all levels of Sprint tech support have not helped at all.

Anyone else have this issue? Any resolution?
    01-25-2012 10:50 PM
    I got it a day or so before the new year and I can't say anything bad about it. I love it I upgraded from my crappy old "dumbphone" which has probably made it seem even more amazing.
    01-29-2012 06:51 PM
    I didn't take the time to read the entire thread, but I think I may have one of the most unique purchase experience stories.

When I purchased my original Epic 4G slider at Best Buy last February, I bought into the newly-introduced "Buy Back Plan" for $30 (since I was a Premier customer, it was 1/2 the usual $60 pricetag). If you're not familiar with the program, check it out here.

I wanted to take advantage of the Buy Back Program before the 12 months were up so I'd get a higher percentage of the retail value of the phone back. I called Sprint & they agreed to give me my upgrade a week early. I figured I was going to get $260 back. My wife and I went to Best Buy and the associate inspected my old Epic 4G and told us we'd be getting $440 on a gift card! Yes, $440! My wife and I looked at each other and figured we'd come up with the wrong figure, so we didn't question it.

In the end, we walked out with my Epic 4G Touch and a set of Dr. Dre Beats headphones. My wife loves her headphones and I can't believe how awesome this phone is!

ladyc0524 likes this.
    01-29-2012 10:48 PM
    just got my epic 4g touch flashed over to boost mobile last night. i'm LOVING the phone. previously android phones were original evo, and evo 3d. loving the 4g touch. can't wait to root it. also loving the $50 a month plan also. stupid to pay sprint $80 when i can pay $50 for the same coverage (y'all who are still on sprint have fun with that, lol). gonna keep the phone a few months until i can grab a galaxy note and then i'm going to get that flashed also. def impressed so far with the phone. def a fun phone. have my berry for more serious stuff. but hey, can't play angry birds on a berry which is y i got an android in the first place lol. no complaints so far. loving it .
    02-01-2012 08:15 AM
    Just got mine at Sams Club last night for $48.88 + $36 activation fee. I had a EVO 4G before and I loved that phone. So far, the GS2 seems quite a bit faster and battery life is superior.
    02-02-2012 11:50 AM
    I didn't just get it, but I just joined here...
    I love the phone, best smartphone I've ever owned.
    I have a feeling an acid trip viewing of the display would make me jump into the phone in a matrix like experience, the colors, deepness, and richness of this display is something else.
    02-06-2012 10:58 AM
    I just got mine yesterday. I'm a first time Sprint user and am happy to report that this is the best Android Phone I've ever had. I'm coming from the Verizon Galaxy nexus which wasn't the end all of devices IMO. So far so good with GS2E4GT
    02-07-2012 10:10 AM
    just got my epic 4g touch flashed over to boost mobile last night. i'm LOVING the phone. previously android phones were original evo, and evo 3d. loving the 4g touch. can't wait to root it. also loving the $50 a month plan also. stupid to pay sprint $80 when i can pay $50 for the same coverage (y'all who are still on sprint have fun with that, lol). gonna keep the phone a few months until i can grab a galaxy note and then i'm going to get that flashed also. def impressed so far with the phone. def a fun phone. have my berry for more serious stuff. but hey, can't play angry birds on a berry which is y i got an android in the first place lol. no complaints so far. loving it .
    LOL boost, everyone I know with boost has neck strain and shoulder problems walking around with their phone shoved in the air for signal...
    02-09-2012 01:43 PM
360 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD