The Official "I got my Epic 4G Touch" Thread

dcviperboy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This thing is so nice .ive been waiting on my upgrade credit. The evo 3d seemed gimmicky to me and I held off on the photon. Very pleased. Off to look for a case and root :)

rbasanez

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Mine just arrived via FedEx from Wirefly! I guess I have to wait until they deactivate my Pre and activate the new phone before I can turn it on (or risk delaying my activation). My TPU case came yesterday, and my MHL adapter cable and extra HDMI cable came this morning! All I need to do now is buy a Micro SD card.

Oh man my wife is going to hate me this weekend!

Where did you get the MHL adapter cable and extra HDMI cable?

chill.117

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine about an hour ago. I have a question for anyone that has it though, where is the post it widget? I can't seem to find it. Also I remember seeing in a review that ability to change the look of the messaging bubbles, but I can not find where to do that. This is my first smartphone though and its probably staring me right in the face, but if anyone could help that would be great.

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Just got mine a couple hours ago & been busy putting it through the paces. First impressions: The device looks real slick. I'm really digging the front & back of this thing & how thin it is. This will be the first device I WILL NOT buy an extended battery for, instead I will opt. to carry an extra battery as needed. The screen & responsiveness of the device is unreal. Everything happens instantaneous & I can't help but smile at how quickly this thing moves through menus. The speaker is LOUD. Ring tones sound loud & clear & Youtube videos sound good as well. The only thing that bothers me right now is that I got to re-learn the order of home & menu capacitive buttons after coming from an EVO 4G & 3D, but I'll manage... ;)

QuantamPulse

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Just got back from the drive to Best Buy. Went to my local store this morning at open and they had none in stock. After checking all the stores in the district they all showed none in stock today.

The rep broadened the search out a bit and found one store about 45 miles away that had gotten in 6 this morning. Since I was in a rush to get one before heading out of town this evening, they called and had one held for me. Drove up and picked up the phone (switching out from my NS4G that I had gotten 3 weeks ago) Loving the phone so far and the larger screen is making it so much easier on my eyes with the calendars and such.

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
More for people who've done their homework and really want it I say.

Yeah, but the more people who buy it, the more attention it gets in regards to accessories, updates, apps, etc.

A big marketing push helps to sell devices, especially when the devices actually live up to or surpass expectations.

But clearly iPhone is THE name brand that's most recognized and gets the most media attention. So Sprint is playing it low key so they can capture the "iPhone mania" effect when it's released next month. More people w/ the Galaxy S II means less people in line for the iPhone, especially when they just dropped the return period to 14 days. If they were smart, they would've left it at 30 days until AFTER the E4GT dropped and then they could've allowed a few defectors to jump ship from the E4GT to the iPhone and still collected those restocking fees.

Dixie

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Got mine! I was 4th in line (Sprint store) when they opened the doors this morning but the first one who wanted the GS2. One more behind me that I overheard. Not too busy. Didn't ask how many they got in. Now to spend the next few weeks learning everything it can do! :) :) :)

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Where did you get the MHL adapter cable and extra HDMI cable?

Monoprice.com!

I just love the place for cables and accessories. Quality of their stuff is excellent and you can't beat the prices. Their MHL adaptor is $14.

MHL Adaptor:

For only $11.90 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Micro USB to HDMI MHL Adapter - Black | MHL Adapters

I also opted for a 6ft 28AWG HDMI cable instead of the recommended 24AWG, since I prefer a thinner more flexible cable for this hookup. 28AWG at 6ft is perfectly fine in my opinion. $3.50 for the cable.

For only $2.99 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 6ft 28AWG High Speed HDMI Cable w/Ferrite Cores - Black | 28AWG HDMI High Speed Certified Male to Male Cables

Dissident

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Typing this post on mine. Got to stord about 9:55 and was the only one there. Bought two. Ran speedtest while in stord and got 10.8mb down. I can live with that. :)

redstar427

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Samsung sent me an email today, allowing me to buy the Epic 4G Touch online for only $99.99
It's on backorder, and I should receive it next week.

leetlock

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Picked mine as soon as store opened, no pre-order, they hadn't put any out for display yet.

Already happy after coming from Epic 4g, miss the keyboard, but thats it. Still playing with it, but so its awesome.

OohErMissus

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Picked up mine about 3 hours ago from the Sprint store. The display model was out, but apparently, I was the first one to ask for the Epic Touch, which I found mildly shocking. Then again, with the hype going around with that-phone-I-won't-mention, I'm not entirely surprised, either!

After wheedling and deedling with my 1st-day Pre for almost the last 2 years, this phone is a breath of fresh air! Fast, light, and quite perky. Sadly, I do miss WebOS, as I find myself trying to do things as I did with my Pre, but I imagine there's an adjustment period. Quite happy!

S_C_B

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:
Reactions: DAS

Tonio21

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I got mines today around 1030am. Went to a radioshack in a mall, they didn't have any. The lady even tried to tell me that they probably wouldn't sell any till next week, go figure. Best buy was across the street so I checked there, they didn't have any either. So now I was getting a bit upset because I wanted to get the phone in the AM and put it through it's paces this afternoon when I get off work. I decided to stop at the radioshack closer to my job, and got one.

The reason I went to radioshack was because I had two 25.00 gift cards for helping someone at my job with their computer and I wanted to use them. I can't keep my hands off the dang phone.
Anyone know if apps2SD will read my memory card and let me transfer my apps that way ?? Oh and for anyone wondering, you can uninstall bloatware and you get almost 2.0GB's of app install space.

Reactions: DAS

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tested the GPS for lock and for Nagivation? I am on ATT but want to know they fixed this from the galaxy S. Thanks!

Reactions: Nickps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay