05-27-2013 11:36 PM
360 ... 678910 ...
tools
    [QUOTE=1BadHEMI;1260611]
    For those looking for a horizontal leather pouch, the Verizon branded Droid X case fits perfect!QUOTE]

Thanks for tip, I spent an hour on ebay alone looking for a suitable pouch and didn't really find anything.
    09-29-2011 12:33 AM
    Such a shame that Sprint isn't advertising this phone like crazy b/c they're prepping for the iPhone...
    09-29-2011 12:52 AM
    Here you go. No holster though. I hope they make one soon. Samsung Galaxy S II Commuter Series Case // OtterBox.comDont see my self stuffing this beast in my pocket.
    That case is for the International version. Notice the camera is horizontal. The US version is Vertical.
    09-29-2011 01:07 AM
    I got mine at sprint no waiting. I love it I have to learn how to use it. lol It seems to blow my iphone 4 away. Do you recommend a screen protector?
    Of course use a screen protector. Check out Skinomi full body kit....there are reviews/install vids on youtube and it's way cheaper than Zagg.
    09-29-2011 01:11 AM
    Is anyone having trouble with Swype? Swype is not putting a space between "and I".
    Yea you're right...I don't care though...I didn't even notice it til I read your post. lol
    09-29-2011 01:26 AM
    I just got the phone today. It's so damn fast I almost got a speeding ticket. Coming from Evo 4G, TouchWiz is surprisingly nice. So far, I haven't had anything to complain.

Question: I heard the stock browser is very fast but it doesn't have tabs. If I switch to Dolphin, would I suffer from any performance issues?
    Try Opera. I swtiched from Dolpin and I love it...super slick!
    09-29-2011 02:09 AM
    Hey everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. I just made the switch two days ago from my touch pro2 to the Epic 4G touch. So, I am new to android. I don't know where to begin. I download some apps already. What to do next? I don't want to root though.
    I love browsing Market. Type in something want your phone to do and chances there's an app for it...and probably free. So far I have ringtone rotator, wallpaper changer, Zedge and Agile Lock.
    09-29-2011 02:14 AM
    Yeah, got mine. I'm really liking it. I moved over from the Epic 4G, so I'm keeping it in the family. All in all, I miss my keyboard, but this is a really nice phone.
    10-03-2011 04:07 PM
    Got mine at Best Buy on the day of... Came from an original first day Pre. Sad to see webos get forgotten and left by the wayside, but Android is suh-weet. Got a screen-protector from Sprint, but still looking for a good case.
    10-04-2011 01:29 PM
    I just got mine Thursday and absolutely love it. Kept original epic for hubby. Such a great phone too couldn't part. Waiting on case i got on eBay. Can't scratch this puppy. Awesome except my swype won't take slide from apostrophe to letter for contractions. Don't like that. I'll survive. Phone is awesome. Tablet collecting dust now.
    10-04-2011 07:59 PM
    Bought my Epic Touch on 09/30 from Sprint. I have had a few days to play with it and love it! I was using the EVO 4g and this phone blows it out of the water. I do highly recommend putting a case on it because this baby is pretty slippery in your hand without one....dropped mine the first day! Lucky for me it landed on my dog's pillow!! Bought one right after that. The screen is beyond vibrant and the phone is super fast. So much faster than EVO. Lot's of neat new features with the best of the old one's included. Totally worth the price I had to pay to upgrade.
    10-05-2011 12:41 PM
    Got mine last night after reaching the breaking point with my launch day OG EVO's stupid low memory issues and so far I'm very impressed, but have some niggles.

+ Screen is pure sex. I'm a photographer and looking at my work on the EVO compared to this is a shocker.

- But the auto-brightness is a mess. In near total darkness, it's actually TOO dark; like it's below where manually setting would be.

+ But you can adjust the brightness by scrubbing the notification bar left/right.

+ 2GB of app space? WINNING!

? Battery life at my work - which is building like a Kryptonite Faraday cage is as bad as the EVO due to weak signal, but it takes a few cycles to break in the battery, so not panicking yet.

+ It's FAST!!! Blazing thru menus and screens, in and out of programs, it's great to not have to wait for Sense to reload for several seconds.

+ The configurability of TouchWiz is excellent. The ability to take out empty home screens and rearrange them is slick. The fast scrolling of app pages is cool and the way it wraps around is uber-cool.

+ A lot of cool programs like the Camera FX, Photo Editor and others I haven't even gotten into. Very nice.

+ Two words: Kies Air. I had a similar app on the EVO which made the phone into a server that you could manage from a browser, but this is a whole new thing. Not having to plug in to transfer files = WINNING times 100!

+ It's so light, it feels like it's half of the EVO's heft even though it's only 25% lighter. It's a little slippy, so I guess I'll need a skin because I doubt it can take a drop like the EVO could. (Was dropped twice onto concrete and survived. Yikes!)

- Not too crazy about the ringtones. I'm going to copy the EVO's tones over so I can reconfigure it to sound the way I'm used to.

- Notification LED is lethargic. They need to patch in a way to get a faster blink rate.

- Stock time/weather widgets are lame, like tapping the clock doesn't take you anywhere. I'm using Fancy Widgets Pro (gotten free from Amazon) and it's better.

? It's so thin, the ergonomics of my using SwiftKey are borked and I'm slow and typo prone because my hands are used to a certain feel for the past 16 months. That'll get better. It's not a design flaw.

+ I was showing it o a co-worker with an iPhone 4 and he was blown away by the huge, colorful screen and the speed of it. Five minutes later, I was talking to another guy in the building and pulled it out to check my email - I wasn't showing it off at all - and he asked, "What's that? Is that one of those 3D phones?"

This is where Apple blew it with the iPhone 4S: It doesn't command any attention because it looks no different than what's been out over a year now. And the difference between a 4.52" screen and a 3.5" screen is bigger than it sounds. The beef that the GS2 should've had a WXGA (or whatever) screen is moot. It looks fine, not jaggy at all.

That's all I have for less than a day of use. I'll update as I find out more.
    Sole07 likes this.
    10-06-2011 02:07 PM
    I got mine today. Coming from an Epic 4g. I love this phone. No more hardware keyboards for me.
    Yeah, that's where I came from as well. I actually miss the KB a little, but not enough to turn that phone back on!
    10-07-2011 08:24 AM
    Got mine yesterday(actually got 4 total). Coming from an Iphone 3GS and leaving behinds $100 of paid apps, the bigger screen size is a HUGE difference. I couldn't design this phone better than the nerds that design this phone. They really thought of everything! The ability to take 720p video and then sends it wirelessly to my Samsung LED TV is priceless. This thing is truly a mini pc/tablet on the go once we figure out how to get USB togo to work( I read it doesn't). I doubt my HP touchpad or my laptop is going to get much use after this. The best part, paying $200 for 4 lines(tax included) for virtually unlimited everything except the allocated 1600 minutes of landline. That is a saving of easily $600 per line/per year!
    10-07-2011 08:56 AM
    Got mine yesterday(actually got 4 total). Coming from an Iphone 3GS and leaving behinds $100 of paid apps, the bigger screen size is a HUGE difference. I couldn't design this phone better than the nerds that design this phone. They really thought of everything! The ability to take 720p video and then sends it wirelessly to my Samsung LED TV is priceless. This thing is truly a mini pc/tablet on the go once we figure out how to get USB togo to work( I read it doesn't). I doubt my HP touchpad or my laptop is going to get much use after this. The best part, paying $200 for 4 lines(tax included) for virtually unlimited everything except the allocated 1600 minutes of landline. That is a saving of easily $600 per line/per year!
    You left the darkside, welcome to android.
    10-07-2011 09:12 AM
    I got mine yesterday. I have to admit that I waited until after the iphone announcement before I made my final decision. I still had my first day EVO 4g. Its only been a few months past a year, but sprint still gave me full upgrade pricing with minimal fight even though I had been reduced to a silver premier member (winning!). I ordered it on thursday and it arrived on friday. My first impression is that this thing is super fast. I downloaded about 20 apps in less than 2 mins. I'm still adjusting to the fact that my power button is on the side rather than the top, but this phone is very sexy and super light. Its beeneas than 24 hours but I think its a keeper!
    10-08-2011 06:40 AM
    I still had my first day EVO 4g. Its only been a few months past a year, but sprint still gave me full upgrade pricing with minimal fight even though I had been reduced to a silver premier member (winning!).
    I was debating trying to fight for the upgrade price, but Sprint's LTE plans hadn't been announced and I figured that by next April, when I'd be eligible for something new, there'd be some crazy awesome phones that will make those still on contract mourn their decisions in Fall 2010. If I'm going to sign on for two more years of Sprint, I'm going to get an LTE 4G phone since WiMax never really came here (Detroit) and that's where they're going.
    10-08-2011 01:55 PM
    Got mine a week ago this upcoming Monday... I've been a very patient Sprint customer for 4 1/2 years now. Started with a data card for my business now up to 3 lines going to add 2 more for the iPhone I'm sure. I had a G1 at launch, then an Evo at launch, with a BB Tour on Sprint in between. Loved the EVO but wanted something new. I bought a Macbook Pro earlier this year and an iPod touch before that for my birthday. I enjoy iOS and Apple products in general. I'm a fan for sure. I thought of leaving Sprint for Verizon for the iPhone but Sprint has been a great company to deal with. Not sure about the negative comments from years past but they are on it now, with real honest to goodness Americans answering the phones even, and if you don't think even my liberal butt cares about that during these tough times let me tell you it does.

Anyway I got bored, got tired of waiting for the iPhone. Rumor after rumor, it was crazy. My daughter had a Moment, it was super laggy. The Nexus S was on sale for 29.99 and sprint would give me a $38 credit to turn in that phone. $87 for the Evo. I turned them both in and got the Nexus. She loved it, I didn't. turns out I need/like the IU's and some bloatware. Some stuff I though was android was actually HTC Sense. Nexus doesn't run Visual Voicemail either and I LOVE Visual Voicemail. They announce the iPhone 4S a couple days later. Sprint is getting it the 14, I had only until the 7th to trade in my Nexus.. If I had only waited one more week!!!!!!!! I'm so screwed! Got an ET4G, begrudgingly.. TouchWiz, really? 2 more long years waiting for the iPhone.

Best "decision" I ever made.. Love the phone, screen and functionality. No FaceTime, but I have a Skype account my ET4G an iPod touch and my Mac if needed. Signed up my little girl on Skype and we are pretty happy with that. I'm actually happier for her. My EVO was great and my Epic is awesome but she went from a Samsung Monemt to a Nexus S 4G at 11 years old! Night and day difference for her.

Anyway I thing the Galaxy phones are the best, but the android market is filled with crap. I love buying apps but the android ones are mostly free and ugly. and those that aren't free are still not that attractive and the are DOUBLE sometimes TRIPLE the iPhone similar app. Such a beautiful device uglified by ugly apps. Come on Devs get it together. I like 99 cents!!

BTW feels lighter and smaller than my old EVO. Beautiful device naked;P
    10-10-2011 01:05 AM
    I was debating trying to fight for the upgrade price, but Sprint's LTE plans hadn't been announced and I figured that by next April, when I'd be eligible for something new, there'd be some crazy awesome phones that will make those still on contract mourn their decisions in Fall 2010. If I'm going to sign on for two more years of Sprint, I'm going to get an LTE 4G phone since WiMax never really came here (Detroit) and that's where they're going.
    10-10-2011 06:18 AM
    if something that good comes out,then i'll just have to pay full price.
    10-10-2011 06:19 AM
    How did you get the phone thru Walmart?
    I don't see it on line.

Thanks
    10-11-2011 07:42 PM
    Yeay!! finally done with webOS. Got my SGS2ET4G today at Radioshack in Brandon, FL. Great experience with Becky Frederick, who's been with this store for 25+ years. Many thanks to Store Manager Charles Gold who ordered phone for me. Charles has managed this store for 15 years. They've been selling out consistently. Nice to deal with pleasant and knowledgeable folks. Looking forward to digging into this bad boy. Can't wait.
    10-15-2011 06:05 PM
    Got mine Yesterday afternoon. Amazing speed. And so far the battery life is amazing compared to my EVO 4g. almost 20 hours of a charger and it was at 77% battery life. With the same setup on my EVO pretty much, my evo would be at about 30% after 20 hours!
    10-18-2011 01:09 PM
    I literally just got my new Epic 4G Touch in the mail from Amazon, I won't lie the screen is so beautiful, it took my breath away

And that's coming from someone who has been around Apple's retina screen.

So far so good.
    10-19-2011 09:02 PM
    I got mine a few days ago. I am really impressed with the build quality. I had the Galaxy S before this and even though it was a well built phone, the GS2 just feels way more solid. Im impressed with this phone all around, the screen is amazing, the picture quality from the camera is outstanding, and not to mention this phone is fast.
    10-19-2011 10:26 PM
360 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD