The Official "I got my Epic 4G Touch" Thread

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Monoprice.com!

I just love the place for cables and accessories. Quality of their stuff is excellent and you can't beat the prices. Their MHL adaptor is $14.

MHL Adaptor:

For only $11.90 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Micro USB to HDMI MHL Adapter - Black | MHL Adapters

I also opted for a 6ft 28AWG HDMI cable instead of the recommended 24AWG, since I prefer a thinner more flexible cable for this hookup. 28AWG at 6ft is perfectly fine in my opinion. $3.50 for the cable.

For only $2.99 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 6ft 28AWG High Speed HDMI Cable w/Ferrite Cores - Black | 28AWG HDMI High Speed Certified Male to Male Cables

Thanks just ordered the goodies

tony404

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I got mine at sprint no waiting. I love it I have to learn how to use it. lol It seems to blow my iphone 4 away. Do you recommend a screen protector?

S_C_B

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tested the GPS for lock and for Nagivation? I am on ATT but want to know they fixed this from the galaxy S. Thanks!

In my 2nd floor apartment, Google Navigation locked onto me within 3 seconds.

In my 2nd floor apartment, Telenav GPS locked onto me within 3 seconds.

In my 2nd floor apartment, Google + check-in locked onto me within 3 seconds.

Reactions: planoman

tostler

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I picked up mine over lunch. The last one in my local Sprint store.
I'm coming from webOS, so I'm struggling with abandonment issues (HP abandoning me, not me - them) and the relative complexity of configuration of the device. I know complexity really means customization, but until I get to tinker with Android, it's going to be a little intimidating. I mean, who knew there were customizable power savings options?

My first love is still webOS, but this pretty girl has certainly turned my head around.

Ogre840

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Went to the Sprint store nearest to my house, they hadn't gotten theirs yet. Went to the repair center a little further away and walked out in 10 minutes or so. Very happy so far, all my coworkers are jealous, especially the EVO users :X

S_C_B

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming from webOS, so I'm struggling with abandonment issues (HP abandoning me, not me - them) and the relative complexity of configuration of the device. I know complexity really means customization, but until I get to tinker with Android, it's going to be a little intimidating. I mean, who knew there were customizable power savings options?

My first love is still webOS, but this pretty girl has certainly turned my head around.

You're gonna enjoy making this phone personal.

iSlackerz

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I picked mine up first thing this morning. I haven't had much chance to play with it though (damn you work!). It's almost time for lunch, I hope I remember too eat... nah, I don't care.

dog5

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
For all the "pic or it didn't happen" people.

2qdmpmv.jpg

That thing is like 4 times the size of my Pre-!!! Can't wait to check it out. Went to local Sprint store...not available until next week. Went to Radio Shack, they had them in box & had a dummy one. Unbelievably thin and comfortable in the hand. Don't know how it is in the pocket.

Last edited:

OohErMissus

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site

Let me guess - you're trying to swipe sideways to delete mails like I am right now? :) I keep smacking my head, having been so used to doing things the WebOS way for so long. Getting the hang of it, at least.

Everything's a learning curve....

remii

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
So I made another thread here as well but I figured you guys might be interested in this too.

Hey guys so I walked into Bestbuy today to get my Epic 4g Touch and I go to play with it as the rep finishes my paperwork and look what I find on it that Bestbuy decided to throw in as a bonus!

I was pretty upset. There was another one as well of a random Sprint fixture. Also before I even got the phone in my hand the reps were handing the phone off to each other to check it out. They didn't even know anything about it nor of its release this morning.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Monoprice.com!

I just love the place for cables and accessories. Quality of their stuff is excellent and you can't beat the prices. Their MHL adaptor is $14.

MHL Adaptor:

For only $11.90 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Micro USB to HDMI MHL Adapter - Black | MHL Adapters

I also opted for a 6ft 28AWG HDMI cable instead of the recommended 24AWG, since I prefer a thinner more flexible cable for this hookup. 28AWG at 6ft is perfectly fine in my opinion. $3.50 for the cable.

For only $2.99 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 6ft 28AWG High Speed HDMI Cable w/Ferrite Cores - Black | 28AWG HDMI High Speed Certified Male to Male Cables

Wow right after reading your post I placed order.
2Hr & 38min later they send me tracking number :)

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Wow right after reading your post I placed order.
2Hr & 38min later they send me tracking number :)

Yeah man I forgot to mention that. They move really fast on orders. They're based in southern California so I almost always receive my orders next day.

BlackHippy21

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Got my epic 4G touch first thing this morning when sprint opened up the doors. All I can say about this phone is it deserves the name "epic" in its title

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34