The Official "I got my Epic 4G Touch" Thread

dog5

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Haha 4x is a stretch, but I stuck my Pre on top of my E4GT and this thing does dwarf it. It's like looking at a bazooka next to a pea shooter.

True. I made the picture "actual size" but it wasn't actually actual. Maybe 2 times the size of the Pre vs 4!

nomo515

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
mine isnt getting here till monday from wirefly. i thought the purpose of a pre-order was for a product to be guaranteed on release day. although i guess i shouldnt be complaining considering i "saved" 50 bucks...

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I picked mine up at Best Buy about 2 hours ago. One of only 2 they got in today. I've had personal experience with the Epic, EVO 4G and EVO 3D and this phone outpaces them all. This is the fastest phone I've ever had and the screen is B-E-A-utiful. Also, Sprint has a great case for this thing that resembles the faux carbon fiber look of the back and even comes with a little kick stand. If you're eligible for an upgrade and have been waiting for the ultimate phone, your wait is over. Go out and get this beast, you will not be disappointed. By the way, got it for 143.00 after trading in an old Transform for a 75.00 gift card.

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
How much wider is this than the EVO4G? What about the Thunderbolt, if anyone went from that to this phone?

Thanks! Great looking device...

jholzknecht#AC

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
It's about the same width as the EVO 4g and perhaps about a 1/2 " taller, and maybe a 1/4 inch thinner. I just got my SGII today, and I like it, but I have to say I am missing my HTC sense...

EDIT: It is slightly wider too, I have had little sleep, and I am on my fourth Tecate beer right now... lol

Riboflavin

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Got mine earlier today. Coming from a Pre...this this is like future technology. I miss the weOS gestures, ESPECIALLY the back swipe, but the multiple home screens and widgets are definitely handy.

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Damn I'm not eleigible for an upgrade until October 1st. Very happy with my EVO 4G and looking to upgrade to the Epic 4g Touch. I hope they make a swivel holster clip soon with the phone facing out.

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Got mine today at best buy mobile. Returned the Photon for it. It actually "feels" smaller than I thought it would. Loving the screen, but if bars are any indication my Photon did get better signal reception. (yes bars often lie)

At any rate I'm loving it.

sko580

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
After three visits to different Best Buys in Queens - NY, I was able to finally get a hold of one. Returned the Photon and got the E4GT within the 30 day window.

Ninjak

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I have mines. Was at the door at 10 while they setup the phone on display. Walked in and said I'm here to get my phone. "They were like...you want to see it ?" Nope. already know what I need to know.

So I received my phone, grabbed the kickstand case/shell, and my 16g SD card, and went along my merry way :)

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok, the name of this phone should be beauty and the beast. Beautiful outside and like a beast that wants to be set loose in the inside.

Love it,

Ian B

Fantomas#AC

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I signed up a motnh ago for Samsung Galaxy S 2 release news from Samsung in USA and today received $ 100 off coupon discount ( 0nly 1000 phones were available with this discount) and ordered through letstalk.com for $ 99 with 2-year upgrade. Shipping starts on 09/21 so far from website. But later today received email from letstalk stating that waiting time could be 2-4 weeks. Well i guess for that price i can wait! :)

noshooz

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I tried Best Buy on the way home from work, they only had one left and it was on hold. So I headed over to the local corporate Sprint store, crossed my fingers, and went in. I told the greeter I was looking to upgrade to the Epic 4G Touch and asked if they had any, he said yes and added me to the waiting list. I was ninth in line, but it moved fast. I played with the store demo while I waited only about ten minutes. After that I was certain I wanted it. When my name was called I was cheerfully upgraded. Thanks to Android I was sync'ed and loaded up in the time it took the rep to go get the printout for my new 2-year agreement. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae