The Official "I got my Epic 4G Touch" Thread

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I have mines. Was at the door at 10 while they setup the phone on display. Walked in and said I'm here to get my phone. "They were like...you want to see it ?" Nope. already know what I need to know.

So I received my phone, grabbed the kickstand case/shell, and my 16g SD card, and went along my merry way :)

What SD card does the phone come with?

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Got mine tonight. No worries about these phones being snapped up. Walked in to the local Sprint store and they had some in stock. Checked out the Photon whilst I was there but the screen difference was noticeable to me. Shame.

Coming from an Epic and I have to say, I hardly ever used the keyboard. Love the E4GT because it is so thin and light and the screen is a good size. Early days yet so haven't had a chance to play around with it too much.

Paired up the phone to my cars bluetooth and home WIFI no problems at all.

royluv

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Got mine during lunch today. Oddly enough I was apparently the first one to buy one at that store. So far, I love this phone. I'm coming from a Nexus S 4g, which was great other than the weak radios. The jury is still out on touch wiz, but i'm sure a good root/rom will be around soon if I decide it isn't for me.

pmjohnson99

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
Opened and Charging! :)

Unfortunately got home too late to have WF activate it. :(
Charging.jpg

TheCrazy88

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I got mine after work and the best part is that it was free thanks to Sprins buyback program. So after a couple of hours I must say important very imprested with the screen and how fast it is. Wow! Is the only way to describe it.

GQ50

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Well okay one person gave a gps test. Three questions...Can we get more people to try the gps for locks? Also is that a charging or notification led on the top right? And third with the bluetooth can you do voice dialing? Thanks for any response.

mpnalvin

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
GPS lock takes 9-10 secs for me, indoors in my comfy chair :)
The led is both a charging light and a notification light.
Solid red = charging
Solid blue = fully charged
Blinking (red or blue) = notification

skoot#WN

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I called all 11 Sprint stores/kiosks/etc within a 15 mile radius... to no avail. Time to try again tomorrow morning.

(Side anecdote: I called the local corporate store to ask if they were taking reservations a week or two ago... they said they weren't taking any at the store. I called today; the first person I talked to said that they had the phones, but they weren't on sale til tomorrow. I called back and was told that they have one, but it's on hold for a customer. So... one of these three people lied to me.)

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Damn I'm not eleigible for an upgrade until October 1st. Very happy with my EVO 4G and looking to upgrade to the Epic 4g Touch. I hope they make a swivel holster clip soon with the phone facing out.[/QUOTE

Call Sprint. They will upgrade yo a month early with absolutely no issue.

vijaysingh

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Who has a half decent phone that they just upgraded from? message me with details if you want to sell it

EDIT: not ready for an upgrade just yet but want to get out of my Hero

dealcrawler

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I ordered it from sprint.com. It's not gonna come until Wed. What was I thinking. I should have gone to a Sprint store instead. The wait is killing me.

ElectroWiz

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
The lack of NFC makes this a pass for me. Too bad... I'll get the iPhone 5 or Nexus Prime.

I have not seen any major retailer with NFC checkout, so I'm not one bit worried about that tec yet. May be NFC will take off in a few years. Besides NFC does NOT give you miles/points for anything. Nothing like whipping out that plastic :D

pmjohnson99

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
Sprint can't activate it for you?

Nope, WF has to acitvate. I have a feeling if I go through Sprint I'll probably get a bill for the balance of full price of the phone. I think WF doesn't get reimbursed from Sprint if they don't activate.

I have the sinking suspicion that nothing may happen because even if they bill me what's to make me pay (not that I would do that). But I think there is a bit of a scare tactic since when I asked they didn't really say what would happen other than it would violate the terms of the agreement.

Funny thing is I'm pretty patient to let my phone just charge over night and do it in the morning. It's my wife that wants to play with it more than me!

supsandroid

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I was ready to buy my touch today but my local sprint store never got their shipment of phones.... I could of get it from the corporate store down the street but i refuse to shop there becuase of there CRAPPY customer service.

satySarika

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Traded in my evo 3d as a new sprint customer, contract signed 9/7 to get in under the old $200 early termination fee. Beautiful phone, but touchwizz not as nice as HTC sense. I'm a refuge from the WebOS since HP dropped the ball. Been using a pre+ for about 1.5 years. Don't like the screen protectors and nobody had a decent leather case, so I got the small galaxy tab case to use until they get in some accessories at the store. evo 3d my first android, so I'm just getting going.

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Damn I'm not eleigible for an upgrade until October 1st. Very happy with my EVO 4G and looking to upgrade to the Epic 4g Touch. I hope they make a swivel holster clip soon with the phone facing out.[/QUOTE

Call Sprint. They will upgrade yo a month early with absolutely no issue.

I tried that and the rep said that wasnt the case. I will try again though.