Failed Attempt to Get the Galaxy S2...

Manchild Prodigy

Count of Monte Fisto
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I went to the local Sprint (and by local I mean the only one within 50 miles of my apartment) and inquired about the Galaxy S2. I was told that the release date had been pushed back and they didn't have it available for sale. I was then told to check the Sprint website and sign up for updates about the device's release date. WTF? The Sprint website has it for sale, and from what I can gather so do other Sprint stores in the US. I don't even know where to start.

Manchild Prodigy

Count of Monte Fisto
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Interestingly enough, the Sprint store I went to isn't even listed on Sprint's website after searching for stores near me. Not sure what that's about, but it looks like my only hope at this point is to drive about 30 miles east and hope that store has the Galaxy S2.

dtizzle79

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I went to 2 different Sprint stores within a mile from each other and neither one of them had it. They both said they expect their shipment later on this evening.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
@op is the store a corporate retail location of third party authorized retailer? It's odd that the store is not listed on the Sprint site. Perhaps order online and wait it out :(

Manchild Prodigy

Count of Monte Fisto
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
@op is the store a corporate retail location of third party authorized retailer? It's odd that the store is not listed on the Sprint site. Perhaps order online and wait it out :(

Corporate retail location. I would order it online, but since the return policy has been reduced down 14 days from 30 that doesn't give me much time to evaluate it. Plus it's a lot easier to return it to a store than to ship it back. That I way I can make more efficient use of the 14 days.

This whole launch is really messed up. It almost makes me not want to even bother.

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
My story: I went to the Corporate Sprint Store closest to my office Wednesday and was told that they weren't taking pre-orders. Ok ... so I called last night and was told that they'll have plenty and they'll hold one for me. Went there today, and guess what? No phone. Sold out. Wasn't sure when more would come. That's fine, because there's also a Best Buy not to far from my job, and they had the "plenty" that the Sprint stores didn't. In and out, no problems. I have NO idea what's going on with the Sprint stores, but there are other options ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty