Activation Fee Waved?

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had any luck getting the activation fee waived at their local Sprint store?
If not, this might be another reason to but it from Letstalk and just patiently wait.

h4ldol

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Activation Fee Waved???

Has anyone had any luck getting the activation fee waived at their local Sprint store?
If not, this might be another reason to but it from Letstalk and just patiently wait.

If you have a Bank of America checking/line of credit/credit card account, you can also get $45 cashback through Ebates when using Lets Talk. Net cost is only $90 even at this late stage (after having missed the earlier pre-order promotions/coupons). Versus Sprint, where the cost would be $200 plus $36 activation for a total of $236 -- almost $150 more, albeit with instant gratification.

I doubt they will waive the activation fee though. Telesales told me recently that even if you buy ffrom sprint.com they won't give you free activation anymore (but of course, who knows if the customer service person knew what the heck she was talking about).

kyt

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I'm getting my activation fees waived. Made a deal with a chat rep to waive the activation fees and give me a $50 credit per line i upgrade to cover 5 months of "shiny data"(4G) i won't be getting on my "smartyphone". We still don't have 4g in Louisville, KY and i was refusing to pay for a 4g service i wasn't going to get.
Yes the rep said the $10 premium data fee was for "shiny data" and Yes I got him to repeatedly say "smartyphone" lol
I made this arrangement before the photon came out. Been waiting on the GSII.

Ogre840

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

Didn't even ask at mine, $218 and some change out the door.

I went to the repair center in my area, which so far for any issue that my girlfriend has had (my phones seem to never break... but her... oi!) they've been awesome, going way above and beyond!

popularbelief

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site

I'm getting my activation fees waived. Made a deal with a chat rep to waive the activation fees and give me a $50 credit per line i upgrade to cover 5 months of "shiny data"(4G) i won't be getting on my "smartyphone". We still don't have 4g in Louisville, KY and i was refusing to pay for a 4g service i wasn't going to get.
Yes the rep said the $10 premium data fee was for "shiny data" and Yes I got him to repeatedly say "smartyphone" lol
I made this arrangement before the photon came out. Been waiting on the GSII.

It must suck to live in a city without 4G. Back in the real world it's not a 4G fee, it's a fee rendered to all "smartphones". My girlfriend's previous swaps all included the fees on a Hero, Transform, and now EVO3D. Last time I checked the Hero & Transform weren't 4G capable.

Nonja

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I had my activation fee waived at my local Sprint but that's because I also have a AAA membership. Depending on the sales rep, you might be able to flash an old AAA card and have them waive the fee. I used my old membership card and the sales rep didn't care.

STL 314

May 13, 2011
Visit site

I got it waived because the guy said their was no fee and then their was so they gave it to me free

g_schrage52

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site

If you have a Bank of America checking/line of credit/credit card account, you can also get $45 cashback through Ebates when using Lets Talk. Net cost is only $90 even at this late stage (after having missed the earlier pre-order promotions/coupons). Versus Sprint, where the cost would be $200 plus $36 activation for a total of $236 -- almost $150 more, albeit with instant gratification.

I doubt they will waive the activation fee though. Telesales told me recently that even if you buy ffrom sprint.com they won't give you free activation anymore (but of course, who knows if the customer service person knew what the heck she was talking about).

Looks like ebates is for new service only.

Store Related Exceptions - Ebates.com

LetsTalk.com: Cash back is not available on accessories, pre paid cell phones, and contract extensions, and must be a new phone & plan.

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I want to get it waived!

I might setup a new thread and call it:

I just paid $270 for the S2, turns out you have to pay taxes on the retail price not the subsidized price, plus the $36 for the activation fee!

That was from a 'pre-order' that I placed last week when I called to get the EVP discount of 10% and was told that I had to order the phone from him and not be able to use Wirefly for the phone itself.

And to make matters worse, it was not delivered today and won't be delivered until Monday at the soonest!

I'm so pissed off right now and if I can at least get the 'activation fee' waived' it might make things a little better.

Oh, it's NY State taxes that I had to pay, which came to almost $40!

Rob

Mitalis

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I went in to the store, told them that I'd activate it myself online... Went to sprint.com/activate, logged in my account, added my phone's MEID code, and was up and running in 10 minutes. Haven't seen any additional charges to my bill. ...(yet)

amoricaorbust

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have any luck. I called the retention line because the signal strength at my house is a good 10 - 15dBm lower on the E4GT than on my EVO and I was already borderline as it was. They gave me a free Air Rave and waved the monthly service on it. I then tried to press my luck and ask to see if I could get the activation waved and struck out. Oh well, I've been trying to get an Air Rave for a couple years and had been denied each time so I guess it's better than nothing.

I'm guessing the only way to truly get it waved at this point is to threaten to leave and mean it, but since I'm only 14 months in to my current contract and my wife is at 9, it would have been an empty threat coming from me.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance