With a lithium ion battery, do I need to fully charge it before activation and usage?
    09-16-2011 05:46 PM
    I'm no expert, but I spent most of my morning playing with my phone (screen on, wifi, downloading like crazy) w/o charging it. Got to work, played with it more, showed it off to my coworkers... Probably around 3 hours, maybe 1 full hour of screen on time, and I had the same amount of battery I had when it was powered on at the store.

Charging it now though, but I hadn't noticed the icon drop any before plugging it in.
    09-16-2011 05:52 PM
    Thanks, man. I did the same, played with it after I walked out the store and charged it when I got home. I was a bit confused by the green sticker on the battery plastic wrap that says: "Fully charge battery before calling your provider to activate your phone"..........I thought lithium ion batteries didn't need to be charged before 1st use.
    09-16-2011 07:09 PM
    Does anyone have any recommendations on charging the phone with case on? Will the unit overheat?
    09-22-2011 08:14 PM
    Does anyone have any recommendations on charging the phone with case on? Will the unit overheat?
    It should be ok. This is the first phone I ever bought and actually fully charged it before even turning it on and the phone stayed cool the entire time. Was using the phone for about 1-1/2 doing nothing but downloading apps and the phone didn't even try to get warm, my pre would've been burning my hand.lol
    09-22-2011 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD