wifi connect issues

Bmwillz

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
i cant seem to connect to my wifi. keeps asking for password and disconnecting and authenticating over and over

also seems to be a typing lag

vegaxobscura

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I was having this same problem for about 30 minutes. I restarted the phone, and put the settings back in to get it working. Maybe that simple of a fix.

clouser

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine connects, but the wifi signal is so low that the data is slower than the 3G, and it keeps dropping out. Speedtest came in between 200-300kb on my ET4G wifi, but 8-9mb from my TouchPad and my Nook Color. Here's hoping for a wifi update soon.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine connects, but the wifi signal is so low that the data is slower than the 3G, and it keeps dropping out. Speedtest came in between 200-300kb on my ET4G wifi, but 8-9mb from my TouchPad and my Nook Color. Here's hoping for a wifi update soon.

Odd. I'm getting 9mb/s down on the phone via wifi. Sounds like some router compatiblity issues. I use the wifi router provided by AT&T U-Verse for what it's worth.

clouser

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Odd. I'm getting 9mb/s down on the phone via wifi. Sounds like some router compatiblity issues. I use the wifi router provided by AT&T U-Verse for what it's worth.

Mine was provided by verizon for my FIOS line. Gotta love a 35mb/35mb data connection, then have my phone getting less than 1 :-[

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine was provided by verizon for my FIOS line. Gotta love a 35mb/35mb data connection, then have my phone getting less than 1 :-[

Yeah that's a definite downer. Hopefully it gets worked out for you soon. Maybe try Samsung support and see if they can recommend some router settings or something.

nathy321

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm having issues with wifi as well, with my evo 4g n with the 3d I had great wifi connection but with this phone I'm only getting 2 to 3 bars n it keeps going up n down, n the internet is slow, I hope they fix this soon

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Mine connected no problem to wpa2. I'm only wireless g band but I'm still getting about 15 down and 10 up which is right there with what my ipad gets. Much better than my OG Droid, which only got about 7 down. I get 17 through my hard line so I have no complaints on the speed front. I have noticed weaker signal strength but I was looking into upgrading to wireless n anyway.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately this comes up with a lot of devices; especially when WPA is used :/ I usually recommend the following troubleshooting:

If your router supports any of the following, and you're willing to accept temporary security compromises please do each of the following:

• First make sure your router firmware is up to date. Often times there are release notes for more current versions that may address connectivity issues.
  • Unplug the router from the internet if you are paranoid about turning off any of the following.
  • Turn SSID broadcasting on.
  • Turn off MAC address filtering.
  • Turn off encryption <--- this is typically the source of the problem.
  • Disable 802.11 mixed mode.
  • Reboot router
  • Then attempt to connect to router.
If you can connect successfully, you can begin modifying/increasing your security settings as desired.

If you determine the break point was encryption start by turning on WEP encryption which is the lowest level.
If WEP works and you want increased encryption/security, you can try WPA. If any of these breaks your ability to connect to your access point, please post in this thread.

Assuming your successful with encryption - you can turn each additional setting on - one by one - until something breaks.

If enabling one of these settings causes issues, please report your router model and the setting in this thread. It would also be helpful if you posted the same info if it does help.

If you are still having problems, after performing the above steps, please post the model # of your router and at least 30 minutes of log data from your access points log file. The log file can also be a good place to start as well.

Personally, I only turn on MAC address filtering and SSID broadcast. Being a security professional I understand this is not bullet proof. In fact if someone really wanted to sniff your traffic they could. On the other hand, I'm not the most interesting person in the world and I'm not that concerned about it. I live in an environment that doesn't really lend itself for needing a very strong level of security. My primary goal is to prevent piggy backing off my network to get free service. The two things above have effectively prevented that.

Edited: Added some more to the above so read again if you read it already in the last 10 minutes. I left out a bunch of stuff.

Reactions: sndplace