Hi all,

Just wanted to know if I have been taken to the cleaners by Sprint!

I pre-ordered by new Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch directly from Sprint last week!

I am finally moving from a WebOS Pre and to Android, so this will be an UPGRADE, not new service!

I placed the order via the EVP because from this site I found out that I might qualify for this program to get a discount. And I did, I got a 10% discount from my company.

But he said I had to order the phone from him and I could not get the phone from a place like Wirefly and still be able to receive the EVP discount.

On my contact the S2 pricing said, TBD!

Then when they finally processed the order on this past Tuesday, I managed to find the invoice.

The total was $270, I nearly flipped my lid!

When I went over the bill, I was charged about $40 in taxes and $36 for the activation fee.

I'm hoping a Sprint Rep is monitoring these forums and reads this message and offers some help!

I'm so upset!

I feel like it was bate and switch. I could not understand the $40 in taxes.

I email this rep that I ordered the phone from and he said that the taxes are based on the FULL retail price of the phone, which is somewhere around $600.

And of course, I have the misfortune of living in NYC!

Is anyone else paying this much after it's all totaled up?

Is there anyway, I can at least get the $36 activation fee waived?

Thanks for your opinions and maybe help!

Rob

PS I'm on disability and do have AAA as well!
    09-16-2011 10:42 PM
    Was this an upgrade or are you a new customer? on my receipt they only charged me 199 plus tax. on the 199 price. it came to 223 - 50 gift card= 173 on my bill. I'm in Westchester.
    The 36 bucks is what it is. Mine was a upgrade so i don't know how it was if your a new customer.
    09-16-2011 10:51 PM
    Was this an upgrade or are you a new customer? on my receipt they only charged me 199 plus tax. on the 199 price. it came to 223 - 50 gift card= 173 on my bill. I'm in Westchester.
    The 36 bucks is what it is. Mine was a upgrade so i don't know how it was if your a new customer.
    Sorry, I should have stated it was an UPGRADE!

You then should have paid the same taxes as I did!

But did you purchase it at a store or by pre-order and mailing it to you?

Thanks!

Rob

PS I will modify my original message to make sure everyone knows this was an upgrade.
    09-17-2011 12:49 AM
    I did some research by going through the Sprint site for an upgrade at first to see the total. I saw $260 and went right over to Wirefly.

You are paying more for:
    1. Taxes.
    2. Activation ($36 vs. $18).

It adds up on you. Out the door at Wirefly I paid $149 and added overnight (it's sitting on my desk now) and paid a total of $169.

It's amazing how they get you, but it all adds up.
    09-17-2011 02:55 AM
    I did some research by going through the Sprint site for an upgrade at first to see the total. I saw $260 and went right over to Wirefly.

You are paying more for:
    1. Taxes.
    2. Activation ($36 vs. $18).

It adds up on you. Out the door at Wirefly I paid $149 and added overnight (it's sitting on my desk now) and paid a total of $169.

It's amazing how they get you, but it all adds up.

How did you manage not to pay the taxes?

And you are not going to pay and activation fee? Maybe that will get billed to you when you actually activate the phone when you get it?

Maybe I can return the phone when I get it, and the do a re-order from Wirefly, but I suspect when I return the phone they will remove my 'ability' to get my upgrade price.

Thanks anyway!

Rob
    09-18-2011 12:11 AM
    I think if you use the EVP website, it requires a new line of service. I saw someone on this site mention it and I went to it because I too get a discount from my company, but after reading the "sign" up requirements, it says that a "new" line has to be established to receive the discount which could be the reason for the higher price. I didn't do it and just ordered mine off of the Sprint website "an upgrade" for $199, my tax was $17 and I think the activation fee will be on my next bill also. That was a couple of days ago, I just tried logging to that site to verify what I'm telling you is correct and the site won't pull up - I think it's down. Hope you get it worked out, that sucks, but I don't think it is Sprint directly doing that.
    09-18-2011 12:31 AM
    How did you manage not to pay the taxes?

And you are not going to pay and activation fee? Maybe that will get billed to you when you actually activate the phone when you get it?

Maybe I can return the phone when I get it, and the do a re-order from Wirefly, but I suspect when I return the phone they will remove my 'ability' to get my upgrade price.

Thanks anyway!

Rob
    Mail order...no taxes (wink wink). WF charges the old activation fee for renewals ($18).
    09-18-2011 01:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD