Samsung has a winner!

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I have to say, the quality of this phone from the hardware to software is leeps and bounds over the Photon & Evo 3D. I have allready put this phone through its paces between work today and play tonight and I have to say I'm blown away!

The phone itself works great (IE makes calls without problems right out of the box) and I love the dialer. Unlike the Photon's silenced calls and the Evo 3D's piss poor radio. Not to mention the phone doesn't reboot itself like the other 2.

As for speed, this thing its like lightning! Lets just say it makes a Photon feel like the OG Evo.

And finally, there is the screen. Though the pixel density is lower than the Photon it looks so much smoother and the contrast is better than my 46" Sammy TV.

All in all, I think Samsung clearly has a winner and I will be keeping this phone for at least a full year if not longer.

Hope everyone else is enjoying their's as much as I am!

Sent from my E4GT SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

LegendarySoul

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I have to say, the quality of this phone from the hardware to software is leeps and bounds over the Photon & Evo 3D. I have allready put this phone through its paces between work today and play tonight and I have to say I'm blown away!

The phone itself works great (IE makes calls without problems right out of the box) and I love the dialer. Unlike the Photon's silenced calls and the Evo 3D's piss poor radio. Not to mention the phone doesn't reboot itself like the other 2.

As for speed, this thing its like lightning! Lets just say it makes a Photon feel like the OG Evo.

And finally, there is the screen. Though the pixel density is lower than the Photon it looks so much smoother and the contrast is better than my 46" Sammy TV.

All in all, I think Samsung clearly has a winner and I will be keeping this phone for at least a full year if not longer.

Hope everyone else is enjoying their's as much as I am!

Sent from my E4GT SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

"....for a least A FULL year....."???? Really? You gotta switch for another upgrade newer phone next year? -_-;;

If I were you, I would stay more than 2 years. Who knows there is too way better than next generation after Epic 4G Touch?

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I agree. This phone is full of win. I am having a hard time finding anything to complain about. A couple nit picky things but even they are a stretch.

Reactions: trevor#AC

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree. I'm seriously digging this device. I haven't found a single thing that I can lodge a serious complaint about yet. My wife, who's been an iPhone fanatic since it was first released, played with my E4GT for awhile today and now she wants one. She loves it.

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
This phone just feels so smooth, I can't get over it!

My only complaint is the social won't log in to facebook, but for me that's not that biga deal as I usually download the one from the market.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Device is a true winner all the way around but something about it really gets my attention.
That would be battery life - Its amazing reminding me of CDMA Blackberry Curve.

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Pulled mine off the charger at 9am and havent put it down since and battery is still at 85%. Not bad considering all the web, text, facebook & 5 calls.

3slaters

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't get the pixal density argument. Its two different technologies. From the eyeball test this screen blows away the Photon's screen....thats what matters to me. I switched from an htc Desire which I loved and I can't believe how nice this phone is. Couldn't be more happier.

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Im with you! I just wish more retailers had more accessories.

On the other hand everyone I've showed the phone to can't maldive how nice the screen its and how fast the programs launch.

tronthedon

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Im with you! I just wish more retailers had more accessories.

On the other hand everyone I've showed the phone to can't maldive how nice the screen its and how fast the programs launch.

Accessories?! You're lucky to even HAVE the phone! Most of us who ordered online haven't even received a definitive shipping date yet....

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Accessories?! You're lucky to even HAVE the phone! Most of us who ordered online haven't even received a definitive shipping date yet....

Well after being forced to use a 3 year old palm pre for 2 weeks while still being locked into a new 2 year contract, sprint is lucky to still have me as a customer!

If it wasn't for this phone putting a grin on my face the same as the day I picked up my Evo for the first time, id be with Att or Verizon right now!

Sent from my GS2 E4GT using Tapatalk!

xxINFIDELxx

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Did Best Buy get any accessories?Those that were actually able to purchase one from them of course. I checked 3 stores in my area before going to the Corporate Sprint store across town and getting one there. I stopped in one by my house last night and they had some boxes they hadn't checked in and had no idea what was in them. They didn't seem to want to help me by checking the receiving log before I left. Best Buy has been extremely unfriendly and a hassle to deal with lately. I need a case/holster combo. Hope Ballistic or Otterbox make one soon. Ballistic sent me a response saying they were going to make a SC case. Maybe we need to petition for a HC??? Phone's been great and the battery is ridiculous. I don't have great 4G coverage at my house. But was a few miles north and pulled 10mbps down. My Evo did the same in that area though. WIFI has been fast on VerizonFIOS actually got better results than on my EVO.
84793214.png
Loving the phone so far, still getting used to it compared to the EVO. Minor differences but no complaints. Have the same issue with the Social Hub(Not being able to log in) but I'll never use that anyways. Kies Air is pretty cool but haven't had a chance to play with it much.

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
So I've search every phone shop and to no avail, this thing is just too new. Maybe Otterbox will come our with their version soon!

nikeairs23

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Very weird how it lets you get to everything in HBO GO and then craps out right when the video starts

Yeah, and I have no clue what to do about. I connected via Wi Fi and it still wouldn't play even tho I got a message saying it would. I read somewhere that low bandwidth causes only audio to play. Everyone w/ a Gal2 has low bandwidth? Makes no sense.

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
More than likely a comparability issue with the app that will need to be addressed by HBO. I ran in. tip similar problems with some apps on the Photon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy