Sorry about the Title, I meant EPIC 4G, but I'm used to typing EVO instead.

Went to the Sprint store to get one of these beasts (EPIC 4G) only to find that I'm not eligable for an upgrade until 7/17/12....

I had bough a Photon from Best Buy 7/31 and because of the issues of it doing everything but BEING a PHONE, I returned it on 8/30, Best Buy took it back no problems.

Sprint told me to go to Best Buy so they could reset my renewal, but while at Best Buy they said that it counted at 31 days because what time during the day didnt matter. I.E. if you buy the phone at 23:58, it counts those last 2 minutes as a full day.

Best Buy told me to call Sprint. Sprint told me tough **** and to go back to Best Buy. I asked if being with them the past 11 years and my monthly bill being about $160/month (Everything Plan + Tablet) meant anything, they just said it gets me "GOLD" status, and that I should go to Best Buy and talk them into selling me back my Photon. I told them (bluffing of course because Verizon costs too much) that I'd quit wasting my time and see what Verizon has to offer, and the "manager" at customer service on the phone didn't care.

Anyway, anyone had a similar issue to this they were able to resolve?
    Anyone have tips other than "I'd go raise hell and kick their ***"?
    09-16-2011 11:21 PM
    Its on best buy, who has the ability to do it, but they're dicks
    09-17-2011 12:49 AM
    So Best Buy took you phone back, gave you refund but didn't change your upgrade status? At that point they shold have said they can't take the phone back. Pretty **** move to take the phone back without resetting your upgrade.....

You might want to contact BB corporate and see if they can help.
    09-17-2011 06:56 AM
    Yea if they took you Phone back with no issue then 1 the clerk at the counter wasn't suppose to take but didn't realize that or they are screwing you over. I would contact corporate (like eric3316 said) make them aware of your situation. Its all on BestBuy. To be honest this is why i don't like dealing woth other venders but Sprint.Not all experiences are like this 1 or the photo 1 in another post but i have never had any problems at sprint stores or problems with phones from the sprint stores... Hope you can resolve this quickly.
    09-17-2011 07:17 AM
    Bestbuy can not reset your upgrade. Once the device is returned BB back office will document it and send the info to Sprint who then intern resets the upgrade. This could be a BB or Sprint issue. Bottom line Sprint must reset it after being notified by BB.
    09-17-2011 08:10 AM
    When i took a phone back to bb, i called sprint to have them reset my upgrade. But sprint told me bb had to reset it since i got the phone from them. Then sprint was like if i fax them the returm receipt then they could reset it

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    09-17-2011 08:50 AM
    Heres the thing, I got my ET4G at BB last night (the young man who activated it all but dropped his jaw during the unboxing) and they explained the exchange period is 14 days, to return the phone in 30 days is also acceptable but at 15 days plus you have to keep the contract. So, truth be told, you might actually be lucky they took it back at all on day 31.
    09-17-2011 09:15 AM
    To be honest this is why i don't like dealing woth other venders but Sprint.Not all experiences are like this 1 or the photo 1 in another post but i have never had any problems at sprint stores or problems with phones from the sprint stores...
    THE reason to go to Best Buy is because their phone warrantly COMPLETELY covers the phone (no $100 deductible) if it's damaged as long as I bring back all the parts and pieces.

Heres the thing, I got my ET4G at BB last night (the young man who activated it all but dropped his jaw during the unboxing) and they explained the exchange period is 14 days, to return the phone in 30 days is also acceptable but at 15 days plus you have to keep the contract. So, truth be told, you might actually be lucky they took it back at all on day 31.
    When I got the Photon, I don't believe that the policy had changed yet (the 15 days is a new thing since they are doing GOLD/SILVER statuses).

They are MORE than happy to sell me another phone on 7/17/12
    09-17-2011 09:24 AM
    I had a similar but slightly different problem.. I purchased an Evo3d at the end of July thru tele-sales..before I even found out about the Epic Touch...Returned the phone on 8-3 to a corp store as i was directed to. The store never sent my phone back to the warehouse causing my upgrade date not to be set back. So when I went to but the Epic touch I was unable to. Me being as heated as I was demanded that I at least have one shipped to me being that I was NOT the one who dropped the ball here. After going back and fourth with a supervisor from customer care..they decided that I was right. My phone will be here Mon.
    09-17-2011 09:25 AM
    I had a similar issue with trying to return my Nexus-S 4G, I bought it on the 30th of July and went in on Aug 30th, and at the time it was technically 31 days past, and the store guy was cool said I will take it back give me full credit but we need to call corporate to make it official.

Well I was on the phone with three different managers and not one of them would budge on the one extra day, they said their rules are concrete, it can not be over 30 days for returns, I said come on it is just one day past it, give me a break, and they all said no.

After that I will most likely be leaving to go to Verizon for the Nexus-Prime next month.
    09-17-2011 09:33 AM
    I had similar situation happen to me. It took like 6 calls to sprint to get it fixed. Try calling the retention department there much more helpful
    09-17-2011 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD