09-19-2011 03:43 PM
61 123
tools
    Mine so far today. As you can see, that's an honest time of a heavy user WITH the screen on

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic longest phone name in the world Touch 4G
    That is not heavy usage. This is heavy usage.
    09-17-2011 11:40 PM
    That is not heavy usage. This is heavy usage.
    See my battery is good but I made a thread about this yesterday. Your android os and system are in the single digits as was my evo 3ds battery. But with this both are in the 20's right now and the android os yesterday was in the high 30's. If its not effecting the battery then its not a big deal obviously but its just weird.
    09-17-2011 11:49 PM
    2% and holding my ground. I will kill you long @ss name phone

Hey buddy I posted your pic over at XDA hope you dont mind.
    A member was claiming Photon & GSII Epic Touch battery life are the same lol.
    Photon doesn't even come close.
    09-17-2011 11:55 PM
    Here is my total day usage with 4G, Wifi, 1080P camcorder, lots of pictures, web, streaming music form Google Music beta, uploading photos/video to Google+, downloading a torrent, etc. Went to the Regan Library for a little day trip and was stoked to have a phone that could keep up with me. Yes where it goes up I did charge but it is about 2 hours of charging out of 14+ hours on. Here I thought Pentile was going to save battery life! Think again Moto.

09-18-2011 12:08 AM
    Hey buddy I posted your pic over at XDA hope you dont mind.
    A member was claiming Photon & GSII Epic Touch battery life are the same lol.
    Photon doesn't even come close.
    The Photon does have better battery life. I use my phone the same way in the weekends most of the time. I stream sports or netflix on a little fishing boat til the battery dies. The Photon definitely has the Epic Touch beat. Granted my Epic Touch is fairly new so the battery times may get better.
    09-18-2011 12:19 AM
    how come no one is posting the display on time? Click on display usage and it will actually tell you how long the display is on for. That is what matters the most. I see the battery usage screenshot but no one has posted the actual display on time.

I had the photon, the battery is around the same to me. Those 22 hour times dont mean nothing if they dont post a display on time with that, what if the display has been on for only 30 mins? Those 22 hour shots are nice but how long was the phone actually used for?
    09-18-2011 12:25 AM
    The Photon does have better battery life. I use my phone the same way in the weekends most of the time. I stream sports or netflix on a little fishing boat til the battery dies. The Photon definitely has the Epic Touch beat. Granted my Epic Touch is fairly new so the battery times may get better.
    what lol
    I responded. to your post over at XDA

Do us all a favor , provide your usage screen shot with tkemack usage.
    He has 64% screen on / awake for 14 hours.
    Give it a try get back to us with shot
    09-18-2011 12:26 AM
    If this is my stock battery life I am excited to see it flashed to a good ROM.

Basically I'll run stock until ICS comes out and if Samsung goes "Epic 1" on us, I'll root.
    09-18-2011 12:31 AM
    what lol
    I responded. to your post over at XDA

Do us all a favor , provide your usage screen shot with tkemack usage.
    He has 64% screen on / awake for 14 hours.
    Give it a try get back to us with shot
    Yup that was I. I am not following what you are asking. I have a image of my usage on page 3 of this thread. Is there another screen to show awake time, display time? Anyway as the pic will show my screen on time and awake time will be 100% as I never turn off until it dies (from streaming videos). Then I grab my buddies Atrix or my other buddy's iphone and continue stresming.

If you want to know the sport streaming its through a device Vulkano connected to my direct TV and streamed ota to any android, ios, or blackberry devices.
    09-18-2011 12:57 AM
    I managed to murder mine in 9 hours of very heavy use with 4g on about half that, but my wife's is up to 22 hours 41 min now and still has 41% with 3 hours 13 min of display time. Made my own jaw drop cause she has used hers moderately today along with other family members playing games and such for a while. I am extremely impressed!
    09-18-2011 01:07 AM
    Yup that was I. I am not following what you are asking. I have a image of my usage on page 3 of this thread. Is there another screen to show awake time, display time? Anyway as the pic will show my screen on time and awake time will be 100% as I never turn off until it dies (from streaming videos). Then I grab my buddies Atrix or my other buddy's iphone and continue stresming.

If you want to know the sport streaming its through a device Vulkano connected to my direct TV and streamed ota to any android, ios, or blackberry devices.
    Brother you are way off

You shots

============================================================================

Tkemack 1st

tkymack a couple hours later

You slammed in 3hr 27min solid 64%
    Tkemack worked 47% + 5% in on final graph equaling roughly 52% in 14 hr run time
    Hmm so your telling me if he added 12% screen run time it would take him down to your 3hr 27min run time.

Amazing lol

At most I'm thinking 2.5 hour loss if he filled that void bring him down to 11-12 hours run time to your 3.5
    hehe don't for get about his gps use
    09-18-2011 02:15 AM
    Dude. Did you not read that I am streaming the whole time the screen is on? Is the other guy streaming? Is he using 3g, 4g, or is he texting all that time the screen was on? You have no idea what you are talking about.
    09-18-2011 02:32 AM
    how are yall getting such life I am not seeing anything close to that
    09-18-2011 02:40 AM
    Dude. Did you not read that I am streaming the whole time the screen is on? Is the other guy streaming? Is he using 3g, 4g, or is he texting all that time the screen was on? You have no idea what you are talking about.
    By the looks of it he was posting in forums App downloads from market , GPS active not sure on text email but do know he was rocking android system which means he was pretty busy rocking on device while you streamed netflix for 3.5 hours...by the way it show your netflix at 10% which means....well you know
    09-18-2011 02:46 AM
    By the looks of it he was posting in forums App downloads from market , GPS active not sure on text email but do know he was rocking android system which means he was pretty busy rocking on device while you streamed netflix for 3.5 hours...by the way it show your netflix at 10% which means....well you know
    As I have said you don't know what you are talking about. Even if you stream Netflix all day long it won't show 100%. If you watch a movie all day long until the battery dies it only shows that media app was on 10 or 20+% of the time. Same as I had the screen on 100% (which you can clearly see as the blue line is solid all across) but it only shows display as 64%.
    09-18-2011 02:55 AM
    there is something up with this phone. I cam from work my battery was at 30%. I plugged it in for an hour it went up to 60% and guess what my phone still says its been on battery for 14 hours. So I dont know whats going on. Those on battery screens might not be all correct.
    09-18-2011 03:05 AM
    As I have said you don't know what you are talking about. Even if you stream Netflix all day long it won't show 100%. If you watch a movie all day long until the battery dies it only shows that media app was on 10 or 20+% of the time. Same as I had the screen on 100% (which you can clearly see as the blue line is solid all across) but it only shows display as 64%.
    No joke its a total combinedsystem use on battery run.
    You had some opera mobile doing some surf and media server action.. what the heck you did there not sure.
    3.5 hours of stream...nah by the look 2.5 hr.
    So basically you watched a movie did some web & some media burning battery down in 3.5 hours.
    That's impressive.
    09-18-2011 03:06 AM
    Time of death.
    Extremely impressed coming from the Evo 4G then 3D. I pushed this thing hard today. So much that my wife is making me sleep on the couch tonight

this post is epic!

kudos to you my friend!
    09-18-2011 03:38 AM
    How long is you guy's display on for?
    Click on the display to get the amount of time it was on for.
    09-18-2011 09:46 AM
    @ slingbox, no I don't mind.

P.s. Everyone.....leave the charger at home. This phone wrecks shop

09-18-2011 08:40 PM
    Battery is amazing on the Eptouch

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    09-18-2011 08:44 PM
    I'm getting around 11 hours of solid use. Don't need to the battery screen to tell me this. Unplug in the morning and then check phone when battery dies. 11 hours isn't bad but I was hoping for more.
    09-18-2011 09:02 PM
    Normal behavior for android is to try to conserve power. With this one, I try to kill it. Go figure.

PS. I bought my wife one today so now she's ignoring me.....kinda worked out perfectly

09-18-2011 09:42 PM
    This device is crazy.
    Best Battery life available on Android.....oh and Blackberry , Their new flagship Bold has train wreck battery life on top of many other things bad..
    GSIIE4G Is fast , smooth , brilliant screen heck everything is tops.
    It never runs hot which I find pretty amazing.
    09-18-2011 10:00 PM
    This is amazing. My EVO 4G's battery would've drained by 30% just in the time it takes to read this thread :P
    Too right mate. And it is still true even after undervolting and underclocking in screen off. HTC Evo 4G was a great device but battery life was atrocious.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    09-18-2011 10:04 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD