Amazing battery

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
13 hrs 20 mins and still at 37% with 2 30mins plus calls, live wallpapers and constantly using the phone wile reading forums to check features on phone.

This thing is beauty and the beast all rolled into one.

Ian B

Scottseaman, how do you get to that screen?

skoot#WN

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
13 hrs 20 mins and still at 37% with 2 30mins plus calls, live wallpapers and constantly using the phone wile reading forums to check features on phone.

This thing is beauty and the beast all rolled into one.

Ian B

Scottseaman, how do you get to that screen?

Settings > Applications > Battery Usage > Click the top bar that says "__h __m __s on battery"

Reactions: Ian B

trojanman

May 15, 2010
Visit site
All impressive! Wish I could try out this phone, but I got the 3D back in June. Epic 4G Touch looks like an awesome device!

For comparison purposes, I'm attaching a screenshot of my battery life on my EVO 3D today. This is with moderate use of texting, internet surfing, and streaming Pandora for just over an hour while at the gym. While I was streaming Pandora, I was on 4G, the rest of the time I've been on 3G (I don't really use WiFi on my phone). Currently, I have 47% left of juice...

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
14Hr 23min. Not bad for the first charge! Especially when the battery getts broken in it should last about a half hour to an hour longer.

Oh and once the shininess wears off I wont be playong with it every 5 min. either! :)

Sent from my GS2 E4GT using Tapatalk!

Eric16

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
That is not heavy usage. This is heavy usage.

See my battery is good but I made a thread about this yesterday. Your android os and system are in the single digits as was my evo 3ds battery. But with this both are in the 20's right now and the android os yesterday was in the high 30's. If its not effecting the battery then its not a big deal obviously but its just weird.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
2% and holding my ground. I will kill you long @ss name phone

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic longest phone name in the world Touch 4G
Hey buddy I posted your pic over at XDA hope you dont mind.
A member was claiming Photon & GSII Epic Touch battery life are the same lol.
Photon doesn't even come close.

Latteart

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Here is my total day usage with 4G, Wifi, 1080P camcorder, lots of pictures, web, streaming music form Google Music beta, uploading photos/video to Google+, downloading a torrent, etc. Went to the Regan Library for a little day trip and was stoked to have a phone that could keep up with me. Yes where it goes up I did charge but it is about 2 hours of charging out of 14+ hours on. Here I thought Pentile was going to save battery life! Think again Moto.
IMG_20110917_215646.jpg

IMG_20110917_220044.jpg

IMG_20110917_220250.jpg

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey buddy I posted your pic over at XDA hope you dont mind.
A member was claiming Photon & GSII Epic Touch battery life are the same lol.
Photon doesn't even come close.
The Photon does have better battery life. I use my phone the same way in the weekends most of the time. I stream sports or netflix on a little fishing boat til the battery dies. The Photon definitely has the Epic Touch beat. Granted my Epic Touch is fairly new so the battery times may get better.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
how come no one is posting the display on time? Click on display usage and it will actually tell you how long the display is on for. That is what matters the most. I see the battery usage screenshot but no one has posted the actual display on time.

I had the photon, the battery is around the same to me. Those 22 hour times dont mean nothing if they dont post a display on time with that, what if the display has been on for only 30 mins? Those 22 hour shots are nice but how long was the phone actually used for?

Last edited:

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
The Photon does have better battery life. I use my phone the same way in the weekends most of the time. I stream sports or netflix on a little fishing boat til the battery dies. The Photon definitely has the Epic Touch beat. Granted my Epic Touch is fairly new so the battery times may get better.
what lol
I responded. to your post over at XDA

Do us all a favor , provide your usage screen shot with tkemack usage.
He has 64% screen on / awake for 14 hours.
Give it a try get back to us with shot

kotoku

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
If this is my stock battery life I am excited to see it flashed to a good ROM.

Basically I'll run stock until ICS comes out and if Samsung goes "Epic 1" on us, I'll root.

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
what lol
I responded. to your post over at XDA

Do us all a favor , provide your usage screen shot with tkemack usage.
He has 64% screen on / awake for 14 hours.
Give it a try get back to us with shot

Yup that was I. I am not following what you are asking. I have a image of my usage on page 3 of this thread. Is there another screen to show awake time, display time? Anyway as the pic will show my screen on time and awake time will be 100% as I never turn off until it dies (from streaming videos). Then I grab my buddies Atrix or my other buddy's iphone and continue stresming.

If you want to know the sport streaming its through a device Vulkano connected to my direct TV and streamed ota to any android, ios, or blackberry devices.

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I managed to murder mine in 9 hours of very heavy use with 4g on about half that, but my wife's is up to 22 hours 41 min now and still has 41% with 3 hours 13 min of display time. Made my own jaw drop cause she has used hers moderately today along with other family members playing games and such for a while. I am extremely impressed!

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Yup that was I. I am not following what you are asking. I have a image of my usage on page 3 of this thread. Is there another screen to show awake time, display time? Anyway as the pic will show my screen on time and awake time will be 100% as I never turn off until it dies (from streaming videos). Then I grab my buddies Atrix or my other buddy's iphone and continue stresming.

If you want to know the sport streaming its through a device Vulkano connected to my direct TV and streamed ota to any android, ios, or blackberry devices.
Brother you are way off

You shots
14984d1316320764-amazing-battery-2011-09-17-20.28.44.jpg

14985d1316320764-amazing-battery-2011-09-17-20.30.22.jpg

============================================================================

Tkemack 1st
14951d1316299775-amazing-battery-uploadfromtaptalk1316299775130.png

14952d1316299788-amazing-battery-uploadfromtaptalk1316299787639.png

tkymack a couple hours later
14959d1316308852-amazing-battery-uploadfromtaptalk1316308852585.png

You slammed in 3hr 27min solid 64%
Tkemack worked 47% + 5% in on final graph equaling roughly 52% in 14 hr run time
Hmm so your telling me if he added 12% screen run time it would take him down to your 3hr 27min run time.

Amazing lol

At most I'm thinking 2.5 hour loss if he filled that void bring him down to 11-12 hours run time to your 3.5
hehe don't for get about his gps use

Last edited:

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Dude. Did you not read that I am streaming the whole time the screen is on? Is the other guy streaming? Is he using 3g, 4g, or is he texting all that time the screen was on? You have no idea what you are talking about.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Dude. Did you not read that I am streaming the whole time the screen is on? Is the other guy streaming? Is he using 3g, 4g, or is he texting all that time the screen was on? You have no idea what you are talking about.
By the looks of it he was posting in forums App downloads from market , GPS active not sure on text email but do know he was rocking android system which means he was pretty busy rocking on device while you streamed netflix for 3.5 hours...by the way it show your netflix at 10% which means....well you know ;)

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
By the looks of it he was posting in forums App downloads from market , GPS active not sure on text email but do know he was rocking android system which means he was pretty busy rocking on device while you streamed netflix for 3.5 hours...by the way it show your netflix at 10% which means....well you know ;)

As I have said you don't know what you are talking about. Even if you stream Netflix all day long it won't show 100%. If you watch a movie all day long until the battery dies it only shows that media app was on 10 or 20+% of the time. Same as I had the screen on 100% (which you can clearly see as the blue line is solid all across) but it only shows display as 64%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech