Anyone else having this Swype problem?

Ogre840

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
So my issue with the pre-installed swype is any time I type a one letter word, it doesn't space in front on it.

If I type 'i' it will correct it to 'I' but it wont space it correctly. Anyone else having this issue? Any remedies, maybe installing the "beta?"

Driving me batty!

Ogre840

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
make sure auto spacing is turned on ?
otherwise maybe it needs an update

Tried disabling and re-enabling auto-spacing, and it still wants to exclude the space for single letter words.

And it only does the first space, so "This is a test" becomes "This isa test"

:-/

*Edit*
Went to the Swype forums to see if there are any users there with issues, and my goodness is that a big mess. No one can post in the right sections (Under the Samsung section people are posting with issues on their EVO 4gs, Motorolas... etc) and the few replies I saw from Devs were kind of snooty 0.0

Going to try a different keyboard for now :D

Last edited:

anon(348200)

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Having same problem here. Tried swype on my sisters motorola defy and it does put a space before single letter words as it should. Hopefully there's a fix for it soon

anon(348200)

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I've also noticed another problem with swype where I can't turn off the word suggestion feature. I tried deselecting all the boxes in the swype settings but it just keeps on suggesting words right above the keyboard as I'm swyping away. Anyone else have this issue?

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
As this is leaning towards being a keyboard based post I feel the following appropriate.

I'm a fan of the Swiftkey X Keyboard. It can learn from Facebook, Gmail, Twitter or SMS. I was quick with this on my Evo and I love it on my E4GT. I actually hated it on my Photon, it had a lot of lag and it didn't seem to like the qHD resolution. (the lack of more than 2 multi touch points didnt help either). I'd give it a shot, pretty good prediction engine.

Rdjinc

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I just tried to send a text and swype had changed the language to spanish again update please

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I just tried to send a text and swype had changed the language to spanish again update please

Are you accidentally hitting the button squashed between SYM and comma? It's in a terrible place and easy to hit on accident.

But I found a solution. Hold that button down and a menu will pop up, allowing you to DE-SELECT Spanish as a language option. This way hitting the button on accident again does nothing.

Happy Swyping!

Reactions: Rdjinc

Rdjinc

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Are you accidentally hitting the button squashed between SYM and comma? It's in a terrible place and easy to hit on accident.

But I found a solution. Hold that button down and a menu will pop up, allowing you to DE-SELECT Spanish as a language option. This way hitting the button on accident again does nothing.

Happy Swyping!

I never looked at the button before, have you came up with any thing for the single letter word spacing?

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Tried disabling and re-enabling auto-spacing, and it still wants to exclude the space for single letter words.

And it only does the first space, so "This is a test" becomes "This isa test"

:-/

*Edit*
Went to the Swype forums to see if there are any users there with issues, and my goodness is that a big mess. No one can post in the right sections (Under the Samsung section people are posting with issues on their EVO 4gs, Motorolas... etc) and the few replies I saw from Devs were kind of snooty 0.0

Going to try a different keyboard for now :D

Yeah, that Swype forum is ridiculous... Fix can't come soon enuf, Gingerbread keyboard is really REALLY good, best one there is, but once u've swyped, ur spoiled rotten.

I'll tell you, the speech recognition button on Swype keyboard is REALLY good, i've been using that (when no one is around me : ) and it works with almost 100% accuracy ....

BTC