01-13-2012 06:35 PM
31 12
tools
    When you are typing a single letter you have to swipe down to the space key
    12-28-2011 08:28 AM
    The problem with Swype is not fixed with just swiping down to the space key. However, the last update to Sprint Galaxy S2 phones (I think in the last 10 days) fixed the problem with swype and also updated swype.
    12-28-2011 10:18 AM
    Hmm..... I just did this is a test, I miss you, and others and it spaces just perfect.

Input method: Swype
    Swpe settings: audio feedback ON
    Vibrate ON
    Word Suggestion ON
    Auto Spacing ON
    Auto Cap: ON

Using the Samsung keypad
    12-29-2011 04:56 AM
    Swpe version 3.25.91.34911.34919.4748.SPH_D710
    12-29-2011 04:58 AM
    dunno if it was suggested or not but have you tried TouchPal keyboard? it's a blend of swype & swiftkey. i used it for a bit and it's definitely a good keyboard but ultimately went back to swiftkey, you may have a difference experience though.
    12-29-2011 06:13 AM
    I agree with elyeh who said you need to swype the one letter to the the space together. Here goes: I a I a I....it's not a problem on my infuse.

You have to think like the swype developers. The idea is that it's easier to quickly swype the single-letter/space combination than to accurately tap the single letter by itself. If you accidentally hit the adjacent key when you're swyping a-space or I-space, swype still picks the correct a or I word because those adjacent keys don't make sense as a single letter word. But if you accidentally tap the wrong key while tapping single-letter word a or I then swype thinks you are in edit-correct mode and will not auto-correct. So while swype will add spaces when you enter multi-letter words, you shouldn't expect it to add space for single letter words because it's expecting you to swype that particular space(because it thinks you are using swype in the most efficient way). I find that almost everything should be as swype rather than single key tap, including single-letter words, punctuation, apostrophes, etc. swype also encourages you to slide rather than tap in the word-selection box. The exceptions are unknown sequences like numbers. Also does not apply when editing to correct previously entered text.

Sorry if I have misunderstood your question.

I agree 100% those swype forums are useless.
    01-13-2012 06:35 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD