Changing Bottom 4 Icons.

Nic

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I did a search but couldn't come up with anything. Swore I saw something on the SU forums, but couldn't find it again.

Is there any way to change the bottom four icons? Phone, contacts, messaging, and apps. Thanks as always.

firedoc

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Click on the Applications button at the bottom (one of the four you are trying to change...) I believe it's called the 'App Drawer', select 'menu' and 'edit' from there, it may ask you about reorganizing icons, choose 'switch'... and viola!

Reactions: Nic

Nic

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Click on the Applications button at the bottom (one of the four you are trying to change...) I believe it's called the 'App Drawer', select 'menu' and 'edit' from there, it may ask you about reorganizing icons, choose 'switch'... and viola!

Appreciate the quick reply. I tried that and it seems to only allow me to change the application pages. Not those 4 icons. I'll keep at it. I'm most likley doing something wrong.

firedoc

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Try taking the app icon you want (from the pages above) and dragging it down to where the 'four icons' are... they should trade places :)

Actually long press the app icon then slide down

Last edited:

Nic

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
That only allows me to put the selected app in the trash. WhenI highlight the app to move, the bottom 4 go away and the trash can appears.

Playing around with your first method,I was able to put one of those bottom four icons into its own folder, but now having trouble getting it out of the folder and back on the main app pages. Haha. Getting there. Thanks again.

Nic

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Update. Lol. was able to get contact app out of the folder I put it in but still can't add the app I want in it's place.
To clarify, I now have 3 icons on the bottom. Phone,Messaging, and applications. Trying to add something like internet to that set of 3.

Atomicvoice

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

I was trying to do the same thing.....found out how to do it....follow these steps:

1. Go into applications and click the far left button on the bottom.
2. Change the view type to customizable grid
3. Click the button the the bottom left again and click edit.
4. Move the icons as you please

Hope it all works for you....I just changed mine up to add Internet. :)

h4ldol

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
you can change all but the home button.

Yeah, I wish you could change the home button too, since there is a capacitative button for that. But the real reason you can't change it probably is because it also doubles as the 'applications' button when you are on the home screen. It would be nice to have that option though.

yagerc

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Thank you! I just had to do a factory reset on my Samsung Captivate, and am trying to "move back in" to my phone so that it feels like home again.:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1