may have made the wrong decision

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok. .I took the photon back to try out this phone but I'm starting to question this ..the photon had superior reception from 3g performance but this phone is very slow to connect ... I know sprint has issues with 3G but the photon was so good that it compensated for it

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, why not just return it for the Photon then? You only had it for 3 days at the most so your well within the 14 days..

efoss

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok. .I took the photon back to try out this phone but I'm starting to question this ..the photon had superior reception from 3g performance but this phone is very slow to connect ... I know sprint has issues with 3G but the photon was so good that it compensated for it

I half-way think that Sprint has purposely throttled the 3G Speeds for this phone, due to the upcoming release of the iHomo 5 and then also the upcoming Data Announcement on rumored October 7. We shall see!!!! muauahahahahahahhahaaaaa!

I WOULD NEVER LEAVE THIS PHONE! EVER! (Until they double it's processor!)

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
They may have because the photon is twice as fast.. it literally takes a minutes to load this page and its a mobile page ..this is sickening ..as I test with speed test its only get 67kps while the photon at least got. 375

Paperino

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I have to say that while I am not going to talk about 3G speeds, the reception for this phone is quite underwhelming in relation to the Photon. I'm very torn. Screen and Camera are great, as is the processor speed, but the true test of the phone is how well it makes/receives calls and data.

3slaters

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't make sense. Maybe something is wrong with your phone? Every speed test I've seen has the GS2 being faster than the Photon.

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I get the same results. The Photon's receptions is better than the Epic Touch radio, 3g, wifi, and 4g. My wifi loses connection for no reason.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I half-way think that Sprint has purposely throttled the 3G Speeds for this phone, due to the upcoming release of the iHomo 5 and then also the upcoming Data Announcement on rumored October 7. We shall see!!!! muauahahahahahahhahaaaaa!

I WOULD NEVER LEAVE THIS PHONE! EVER! (Until they double it's processor!)

Wow....that's one of the most idiotic things I've read all day....not just because of the juvenile iPhone name joke. But the implication was also quite idiotic ....

Ogre840

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Update PRL, call sprint and complain (could be something on their end), wait for root and get a new rom, many options :D

madkaw

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering if this phone suffers from the same browser /speed/lag that the og s2 suffered from. In all the custom roms everyone mentions that the browser lag has been fixed. Just a thought. I am getting a good 900k on 3g and 8mg on 4g in Clt NC. The browser still seems very slow compared to my evo.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
WE have an EVO 4G, an Epif 4G and an Epic Touch 4G.

We don't have 4G service so I can't comment on that one.

On 3G service, the Epic Touch shows almost the same exact readings as the other two phones but the browser pages load noticeably faster...more so that the Epic 4G and somewhat faster than the EVO stock (not rooted)

Can't comment on the WIFI capability till we return home tomorrow.

We are using the Sprint Hotspot feature off of the Epic Touch and both laptops run great on the internet, even when being used simultaneously.

videian

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My LG Optimus V on virgin mobile (sprints network) has better reception than this phone :(

Was very surprised to find out HBO Go doesn't work (it does on my Optimus V)

$100 (retail) phone vs $800... poor show. Going to return mine, maybe try the one coming to AT&T's network.

nathy321

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I get the same results. The Photon's receptions is better than the Epic Touch radio, 3g, wifi, and 4g. My wifi loses connection for no reason.

I completely agree my Evo 3D had way better reception as well, my wifi drops bars even when in the same room, and my signal always goes up an down, I never had this problem with the 3D, hopefully they fix this problem because I absolutely love this phone : /

vincey2kr1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
At work and disappointed.. REally Wanted to love the Epic Touch but I have my evo (not 3d) sitting right beside it and my EVo keeps a stronger signal. The epic Touch is around -103 to -106 dBm were my Evo is around -98 to -101 dBm and it shows when I run speed tests and web browsing. My epic loses signal every so often. Wishing I could Transplant the radio out of my evo in the Touch lol

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well this is underwhleming to me.....

I really was getting ready to sell my Evo 3D and pick up the Epic Touch 4G, and now having gone through this thread, I'm having second thoughts.......

Might have to wait a while for this one, afterall.... Or for whatever's next.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't make sense. Maybe something is wrong with your phone? Every speed test I've seen has the GS2 being faster than the Photon.
I am happy to inform you I had the bionic in my house 5 days and now I have the epic touch. The epic touch is the same speed, but does it a little more smooth I think.

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what is causing everyones issues but I have been getting no less then 2 bars everywhere. Including places the 3D would fail epicly! Gonna be going out of town on Thursday so I should be able to comment on GPS after I get back. Something the 3D couldn't handle either!

Sent from my GS2 E4GT using Tapatalk!

willysp

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what is causing everyones issues but I have been getting no less then 2 bars everywhere. Including places the 3D would fail epicly! Gonna be going out of town on Thursday so I should be able to comment on GPS after I get back. Something the 3D couldn't handle either!

Sent from my GS2 E4GT using Tapatalk!

Bars on the display, of course, mean nothing. My 3D (past tense, I've moved on) did have call reception issues, but so has every Sprint phone I've ever had at some point. But -- GPS was always great in the US and Canada. What GPS issues did your 3d have?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol