10-04-2011 10:17 AM
28 12
tools
    Ok. .I took the photon back to try out this phone but I'm starting to question this ..the photon had superior reception from 3g performance but this phone is very slow to connect ... I know sprint has issues with 3G but the photon was so good that it compensated for it
    09-18-2011 10:13 PM
    Well, why not just return it for the Photon then? You only had it for 3 days at the most so your well within the 14 days..
    09-18-2011 10:22 PM
    Ok. .I took the photon back to try out this phone but I'm starting to question this ..the photon had superior reception from 3g performance but this phone is very slow to connect ... I know sprint has issues with 3G but the photon was so good that it compensated for it
    I half-way think that Sprint has purposely throttled the 3G Speeds for this phone, due to the upcoming release of the iHomo 5 and then also the upcoming Data Announcement on rumored October 7. We shall see!!!! muauahahahahahahhahaaaaa!

I WOULD NEVER LEAVE THIS PHONE! EVER! (Until they double it's processor!)
    graffix31 likes this.
    09-18-2011 10:36 PM
    They may have because the photon is twice as fast.. it literally takes a minutes to load this page and its a mobile page ..this is sickening ..as I test with speed test its only get 67kps while the photon at least got. 375
    09-18-2011 10:54 PM
    I have to say that while I am not going to talk about 3G speeds, the reception for this phone is quite underwhelming in relation to the Photon. I'm very torn. Screen and Camera are great, as is the processor speed, but the true test of the phone is how well it makes/receives calls and data.
    09-18-2011 11:05 PM
    Doesn't make sense. Maybe something is wrong with your phone? Every speed test I've seen has the GS2 being faster than the Photon.
    09-18-2011 11:06 PM
    I get the same results. The Photon's receptions is better than the Epic Touch radio, 3g, wifi, and 4g. My wifi loses connection for no reason.
    09-18-2011 11:19 PM
    I half-way think that Sprint has purposely throttled the 3G Speeds for this phone, due to the upcoming release of the iHomo 5 and then also the upcoming Data Announcement on rumored October 7. We shall see!!!! muauahahahahahahhahaaaaa!

I WOULD NEVER LEAVE THIS PHONE! EVER! (Until they double it's processor!)
    Wow....that's one of the most idiotic things I've read all day....not just because of the juvenile iPhone name joke. But the implication was also quite idiotic ....
    kgbeezr1 likes this.
    09-18-2011 11:20 PM
    Update PRL, call sprint and complain (could be something on their end), wait for root and get a new rom, many options
    09-18-2011 11:27 PM
    Wow....that's one of the most idiotic things I've read all day....not just because of the juvenile iPhone name joke. But the implication was also quite idiotic ....
    Awwwwww, come on dude, ihomo 5 was pretty funny! Lighten up, sheesh.
    graffix31 likes this.
    09-18-2011 11:45 PM
    I am wondering if this phone suffers from the same browser /speed/lag that the og s2 suffered from. In all the custom roms everyone mentions that the browser lag has been fixed. Just a thought. I am getting a good 900k on 3g and 8mg on 4g in Clt NC. The browser still seems very slow compared to my evo.
    09-19-2011 09:04 AM
    Awwwwww, come on dude, ihomo 5 was pretty funny! Lighten up, sheesh.
    I was thinking of it as the iemo myself. Haha
    09-19-2011 09:05 AM
    WE have an EVO 4G, an Epif 4G and an Epic Touch 4G.

We don't have 4G service so I can't comment on that one.

On 3G service, the Epic Touch shows almost the same exact readings as the other two phones but the browser pages load noticeably faster...more so that the Epic 4G and somewhat faster than the EVO stock (not rooted)

Can't comment on the WIFI capability till we return home tomorrow.

We are using the Sprint Hotspot feature off of the Epic Touch and both laptops run great on the internet, even when being used simultaneously.
    09-19-2011 09:20 AM
    My LG Optimus V on virgin mobile (sprints network) has better reception than this phone

Was very surprised to find out HBO Go doesn't work (it does on my Optimus V)

$100 (retail) phone vs $800... poor show. Going to return mine, maybe try the one coming to AT&T's network.
    09-19-2011 09:45 AM
    I get the same results. The Photon's receptions is better than the Epic Touch radio, 3g, wifi, and 4g. My wifi loses connection for no reason.

I completely agree my Evo 3D had way better reception as well, my wifi drops bars even when in the same room, and my signal always goes up an down, I never had this problem with the 3D, hopefully they fix this problem because I absolutely love this phone : /
    09-19-2011 10:26 AM
    At work and disappointed.. REally Wanted to love the Epic Touch but I have my evo (not 3d) sitting right beside it and my EVo keeps a stronger signal. The epic Touch is around -103 to -106 dBm were my Evo is around -98 to -101 dBm and it shows when I run speed tests and web browsing. My epic loses signal every so often. Wishing I could Transplant the radio out of my evo in the Touch lol
    09-19-2011 02:29 PM
    Well this is underwhleming to me.....

I really was getting ready to sell my Evo 3D and pick up the Epic Touch 4G, and now having gone through this thread, I'm having second thoughts.......

Might have to wait a while for this one, afterall.... Or for whatever's next.
    09-19-2011 03:26 PM
    Doesn't make sense. Maybe something is wrong with your phone? Every speed test I've seen has the GS2 being faster than the Photon.
    I am happy to inform you I had the bionic in my house 5 days and now I have the epic touch. The epic touch is the same speed, but does it a little more smooth I think.
    09-19-2011 04:15 PM
    Not sure what is causing everyones issues but I have been getting no less then 2 bars everywhere. Including places the 3D would fail epicly! Gonna be going out of town on Thursday so I should be able to comment on GPS after I get back. Something the 3D couldn't handle either!

Sent from my GS2 E4GT using Tapatalk!
    09-19-2011 05:34 PM
    Not sure what is causing everyones issues but I have been getting no less then 2 bars everywhere. Including places the 3D would fail epicly! Gonna be going out of town on Thursday so I should be able to comment on GPS after I get back. Something the 3D couldn't handle either!

Bars on the display, of course, mean nothing. My 3D (past tense, I've moved on) did have call reception issues, but so has every Sprint phone I've ever had at some point. But -- GPS was always great in the US and Canada. What GPS issues did your 3d have?
    09-19-2011 06:41 PM
    I havent seen any issues with webpages loading slow, but the wifi connection is horrible.
    09-19-2011 06:50 PM
    Bars on the display, of course, mean nothing. My 3D (past tense, I've moved on) did have call reception issues, but so has every Sprint phone I've ever had at some point. But -- GPS was always great in the US and Canada. What GPS issues did your 3d have?
    The biggest problem I had with the 3D was the GPS. It would lose gps lock while driving down the highway. Something my OG Evo never would do. Not to mention it would rome in my house, some thing that neither the Photon, OG Evo or the ET4G does! Bar none the worst out of the 3 phones in my opinion! Trust me I went through 3 with nothing but hardware issues!

09-19-2011 07:22 PM
    Lol, you must be a most wise sage of all things mobile, and I apologize for boring you with my juvenile intellect, but frankly, the implication is non other than an inference to the rumors of the upcoming data changes (rumored) for Sprint EVDO Rev B, and not to mention the upgrade to LTE in the not so far future. Now, if one could imagine the amount of work required just to simply overhaul the whole Now Network to Rev B, then it might make sense that data speeds would be temporarily affected by the overhaul! I assume we shall see on October 7 what actually comes of Sprint's "announcement" and if REV B fits anywhere into the scheme of things at all, but you know what, I'm trying to be optimistic about a carrier that I have loved for 4 years now! However, if Sprint does not do something about data speeds, and soon, my loyalty may run out!
    10-03-2011 01:15 PM
    I'm not sure what you mean by the words "slow to connect." You're either connected or you aren't. My 3G speeds were very slow until I tried Milo's 3G speed fix. Have you tried that? I did and my 3g speeds tripled. Oh, that's right, you bashed Milo's thread and said none of those fixes would work and the only option was to call Sprint, so I assume you didn't try it.
    sndplace likes this.
    10-03-2011 04:30 PM
    Have any of you guys tried this out to see if it would help you out. http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...ml#post1288497

For some people it helped out . Theirs a ton of information in the Sticky section, I have been with Sprint over 15 years and yea Efoss Sprint needs to do something about their data speeds. Tech these days its all about the data and less about calls. It socks if you can't make a call but you can still get those 20 or 30 text out but the end of lunch ... Friday needs to be a good day for Sprint so we can have a good day too.
    10-04-2011 05:52 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD