LED Behavior/Colors

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
So, has anyone had any luck with apps modifying the blink rate and/or colors of the LED on this phone? I've found that the LED doesn't blink at all with Go SMS Pro (so far anyways on limited testing), and I've tried the app Light Flow, but no matter how I set the colors it still flashes red and at the same rate.

Just curious what some of you have found so far, if anything.

nikeairs23

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Why don't my notification lights come on? What do they notify you of? The Only lights I saw are the power/battery(red/blue) light on the far right. The 2 lights near the screen camera hasn't flashed that I remember. But I haven't gave the number to anyone, so I haven't received any calls or messages. I did receive 1 or 2 emails when I was setting that up.

Basically, what lights are we talking about? And what do they notify you about?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Well I've made some progress with Light Flow. I've been able to get blue to work for notifications. Also, I think I like the blink pattern better. It's a solid light with a blank every few seconds, rather than blank with a flash every few seconds. Not sure how that might increase batter consumption though.

So far, it looks like Red and Blue are the only options with this LED. I haven't been able to get Magenta to work.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Well I've run through all the colors in Light Flow, and only Red, Blue and White work.

Interesting thing about White ... the light is Red, but the blink behavior changes. It flashes Red quite fast. If some of you are looking for a faster blink on the notification light, this could be a way to do it. If some of you want blue instead of red for your notifications, this app will definitely do it. Although I still need more testing to flush out possible bugs or odd behavior.

tuna83

May 30, 2010
Visit site
While I was rooting my phone I'm confident I saw the purple color appear. It was during the process of getting to the download screen, by holding the power button and lower volume button.

I too would love to be able to better take advantage of this light.

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
While I was rooting my phone I'm confident I saw the purple color appear. It was during the process of getting to the download screen, by holding the power button and lower volume button.

I too would love to be able to better take advantage of this light.

The purple is just a mix of the red and blue activated at the same time, right? (not trying to sound pretentious) So maybe you were doing something that caused them to activate together?

On my Epic (old version), I'll get the purple (or some people describe it as magenta) every once in a while if I have unchecked notifications from both email (blue) and texts (red) waiting for me. But I've never been able to control this to single out the purple / magenta...

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I'd be curious to see how Light Flow and other options work for people. I would love to see the light stay on all the time or blink a lot more frequently for texts/email/missed calls.

Last edited:

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
I am usng lite flow and it may blink a little more often but not much for me. I have it set to fast blink also

Sent from my GS2 Epic 4g Touch using Tapatalk

nikeairs23

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
can someone tell me how do you make the lights come on? I'm never looking at the phone when I get a call or email. It's usually in my pocket. But I'm interested in seeing the lights.

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
If you turn up Green to 255 in Handcent, Magenta will show in the LED light.. I haven't been able to get it to work in Go SMS though

Tried this on my original Epic and can confirm that it works here as well... it's unfortunate that the new E4GT didn't add more color options and improve on the original Epic, but I guess you win some and you lose some...