I really do hope so. The textured plastic back is okay but it's still a little too slick and cheap feeling for me. I would definitely purchase a soft touch cover similar to the EVO 4G. Just wishing.
    youngjediboy likes this.
    09-19-2011 05:56 PM
    Why not contact the guy who made one for the EVO 4G on XDA. Maybe if you get enough people he'll do it again. I personally really like the back of the phone & it is one of my reasons for going naked with the device
    09-19-2011 06:19 PM
    I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully somebody will make some with a grippier touch.
    09-19-2011 06:47 PM
    I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully somebody will make some with a grippier touch.
    Grippier touch? The battery door that came with my phone is like a "carbon fiber". The only "slickness" on mine is around the perimeter (bevel?) and the very bottom where the speaker is.
    09-30-2011 12:03 PM
    Grippier touch? The battery door that came with my phone is like a "carbon fiber". The only "slickness" on mine is around the perimeter (bevel?) and the very bottom where the speaker is.
    We all got the same battery door and it hardly resembles carbon fiber

It's textured plastic so it doesn't grip compared to the EVO 4G soft rubber battery door.
    09-30-2011 06:13 PM
    TPU case solves it and protects it.
    09-30-2011 07:23 PM
    TPU case solves it and protects it.
    They are so completely awesome and so awesomely cheap, I just wanna buy more for no reason

Sent from a pocket-sized computer that also makes calls
    09-30-2011 07:27 PM
    I really do hope so. The textured plastic back is okay but it's still a little too slick and cheap feeling for me. I would definitely purchase a soft touch cover similar to the EVO 4G. Just wishing.
    Ship it to me, I have some "bed liner" sprays, give that thing a whole new look.
    09-30-2011 07:32 PM
    09-30-2011 08:01 PM

+1 for wanting a grippier battery cover. I'm keen to preserve the thinness/ lightness of this device and even the TPU case adds bulk IMO.
    10-01-2011 07:52 AM
    I guess I'm the odd man out. Coming from a white Evo 4g with the completely smooth back, this phone feels incredibly grippy to me.
    10-01-2011 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD