For everyone with data problems, I think I have found thesolution

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I know a lot of us are having data issues and some are not

I think I may have figured it out

It is most probably because you ordered from a 3rd party retailer that didn't program the phone properly.

I ordered from Wirefly, and they never programmed my MSID, just the cell phone number

1. So, call tech support and have them reprogram your phone. They will give you a ##xxxxxx# code, then you enter in your cell number and MSID

2. let it reboot

3. update PRL, Firmware, and Profile in that order. Restart again

you *should* have better data connectivity.

PLEASE REPORT WITH RESULTS

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: For everyone with data problems, I think I have found thesolu

MSID always appears as all zeros when manually reprogramming a Sprint phone.

Sent from my SPH-D710

if you go to "VIEW" MSID...it shows your MSID, and not blank how mine originally showed

John P. Smith

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

Sometimes getting a "data refresh" or re-provisioning does help. It's worth a try

JMU_GSII

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Okay, I just came from Verizon and I have no idea what you guys are talking about. What is MSID? And what exactly do you say to tech support when you call them?

mrcminnesota

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site

Could you tell me if this is a "factory reset" or is this something different? Thanks

boggs3010#AC

Banned
May 17, 2010
Visit site

Could you tell me if this is a "factory reset" or is this something different? Thanks

This re programs your phone to the sprint network. I would offer to give your MSL but according to Cory at Android central , this is spamming. SO I CANT supply it so do NOT PM and ask.

mrcminnesota

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site

I know my MSL - so can you give me the steps or does tech support need to be on the other end. I was talking to a Tech Support earlier and he said that this wipes out my phone and it is a factory reset (maybe I didn't ask the correct question). Soooo..........

boggs3010#AC

Banned
May 17, 2010
Visit site

Simple

go to you phone dialer
type ##72786# a pop up will ask for your lock code , enter it IE... 123456 Click the menu button and hit Commit and it will say restarting your device it 10 seconds, click ok to speed up the process. YOUR phone will re program as if for the 1st time. " hands free activation"

NO YOU WILL NOT lose any data. Just re programs as if for the 1st time.

Last edited:

niannello

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

yea i did this about a week ago and it helped. i went from 1-3 bars at home to 3-5 bars. also i had no service at my parents house and now i have 1-2 bars there.

didnt help my 4g coverage

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

Simple

go to you phone dialer
type ##72786# a pop up will ask for your lock code , enter it IE... 123456 Click the menu button and hit Commit and it will say restarting your device it 10 seconds, click ok to speed up the process. YOUR phone will re program as if for the 1st time. " hands free activation"

NO YOU WILL NOT lose any data. Just re programs as if for the 1st time.

What exactly should the screen say" SCRTN is change to factory default value for DAS?..That's what it says on mine.

mrcminnesota

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site

Mine also says SCRTN is change to factory default value for DAS? I don't want to do this if this is a factory reset. There is no menu button nor commit
Thanks

metroff1

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

I did it, just hit yes and it resets your phone immediately then when it turns back on it says something about connecting you to sprint service and it downloads your profile, updates your prl and then looks for a firmware update then it resets again. All of my info was there and nothing got erased. It did help some on 3g I was getting speeds around 0.6 mbps speeds went up to 1.57 mbps. 4g after was 4 mbps.

atl10pnr

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Just did it and have same MSID that had before no change in speed but have an extra 2 bars. Not that bars really mean much as you either have a signal or don't.

ZDriver

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

didn't do anything for me but sprint says according to their coverage maps I shouldn't be getting any service..... So I guess whatever I'm getting I get and i dont have great Internet service either so I don't want an airave sucking all my bandwidth.

mrcminnesota

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site

I did it and now the speed has "decreased" even further. I am going to take it to Sprint store today and have them check it out. May just return it - still have 6 days

rmartin

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

Did anyone else have problems with a external SD card after doing this. I did the ##72786# and did the hands free activation, prl, firmware, profile updates. After it rebooted it said 'Damaged SD card'. Had to format my SD card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance