10-19-2011 06:08 PM
105 12345
tools
    What's weird is I'm not seeing these issues. When I barely used my phone today, Android OS was by far the largest chunk of my battery use. But after I played some Angry Birds and did a few other things, the attached shots is where I sit now.

As of this post I have 65% battery life left. I have all syncs on, and have had everything but 4G on all day (I know it shows WiFi off in the shots, but I had just turned it off about 10 mins ago).

Seems pretty normal use doesn't it?
    09-23-2011 06:33 PM
    So both me and my wife have this phone. She works in an office all day and hardly uses it and is pulling 60%+ OS. She doesn't have any mods whatsoever. Her awake time is much higher than her display time. My phone stays under 18% at all times (average 13%) and I use my phone all damn day. This is a tough one to figure out

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic longest phone name in the world Touch 4G
    09-23-2011 06:45 PM
    This is what watchdog its seeing, maybe part of high usage

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    09-23-2011 08:32 PM
    I possibly had an epiphany, turn roaming to sprint only and report back if your OS went down

09-23-2011 09:57 PM
    I possibly had an epiphany, turn roaming to sprint only and report back if your OS went down

LOL just had to make it worse didnt ya? We are having huge problems with all 4 lines on our account today our towers went down in the area so have been roaming for oh only 8 hrs now!! So my battery sucks right now well thats what I keep telling tech support even though its not haha but I keep checking back here for the high android os and still nothing.
    09-23-2011 09:59 PM
    I'm. Telling you.... The only difference between mine and my wife's phone is the roaming setting. Hers has high OS% while. Mine doesn't set at sprint only. I just changed hers, will. Report back

09-23-2011 10:04 PM
    After an hour unplugged on my wife's phone the OS is at 11% since changing that setting. Will continue to monitor

09-24-2011 06:27 AM
    This is where I am currently sitting. I rebooted the phone last night, plugged it in and went to bed. Watchdog its showing the suspend process taking 99.9% of cpu where last night something called event/0 was taking around 35%. So it must be an app or process not letting the phone sleep. I think todayI am going to factory reset and slowly enable things like sync and roaming and see if that changes anything

09-24-2011 08:32 AM
    09-24-2011 08:34 AM
    My android os is always at 3 percent.

EVO-LUTION 3D
    09-24-2011 08:37 AM
    Mine has been averaging between 10-15% at home but at work i roam like crazy. So i'll check the %OS when i head back to office on Monday and report back. I just put BeWeather app on last night and still getting around 15%.
    09-24-2011 10:27 AM
    Ok I've turned off roaming and noticed the OS still is in the 70s%

Also with roaming off, when I'm at work I sometimes simply get ZERO coverage... I've gotten texts quite late and when sending texts they just fail and I have to resend them when I leave work and go somewhere within coverage. Looks like I need roaming to even stay connected when at work.

I'll have to call Sprint on Monday or I might have to think about switching to AT&T... not that I'd want to pay more and deal with their CS, but I think their coverage just might be better in my area.
    09-24-2011 11:35 AM
    Ok I've turned off roaming and noticed the OS still is in the 70s%

Also with roaming off, when I'm at work I sometimes simply get ZERO coverage... I've gotten texts quite late and when sending texts they just fail and I have to resend them when I leave work and go somewhere within coverage. Looks like I need roaming to even stay connected when at work.

I'll have to call Sprint on Monday or I might have to think about switching to AT&T... not that I'd want to pay more and deal with their CS, but I think their coverage just might be better in my area.
    If you are getting bad signal at home or work, call Sprint and follow these steps to get a free Airave: Airave: Get Great Sprint Reception in Your Home

If anyone is seeing Battery usage Android OS over 25%, you have a rouge widget or app that is not turning off. See this thread for specific steps for setting up the Epic 4G Touch power management:
    30+ Hours Battery Life on the Epic 4G Touch-How Long Can You Go?

If you still are not seeing fantastic battery life, find the battery sucker on your phone by following the steps in the Extending Battery Life thread.
    09-24-2011 12:20 PM
    SoI just browsed xda and ac for the last 20 mins from my phone via tapatalk and then checked my battery usage and it doesn't show up in the usage list, I wonder if it isn't getting grouped with android os instead of listed by itself

09-24-2011 01:00 PM
    SoI just browsed xda and ac for the last 20 mins from my phone via tapatalk and then checked my battery usage and it doesn't show up in the usage list, I wonder if it isn't getting grouped with android os instead of listed by itself

09-24-2011 01:04 PM
    GuessI didn't browse long enough

09-24-2011 02:27 PM
    Well on bone stock install with only gmail and contact (not facebook) enabled I am back to almost 77% used by android os

09-24-2011 02:29 PM
    With moderate usage today, I am at 51% remaining, android os is still in the mid 40%, only difference is I took out the sd card. I have google synching on but not facebook yet and everything else is set how I had it yesterday

09-24-2011 09:32 PM
    Well here is my usage for the last almost 19 hours, still have 17% left,went to sleep with around 30% left and woke up to 19% remaining. I do not have power saving enabled. The only difference from friday is no sd card installed.

09-25-2011 09:04 AM
    No matter when i check,, always 3 percent

EVO-LUTION 3D
    09-25-2011 05:14 PM
    Anyone get to the bottom of this? I'm stock. Tonight I'm at 11h 55m with 54% remaining. good for the stock battery, Is there anything to be concerned about. Am I getting less battery life than I should? Should I exchange my phone? I'm a bit of a novice with this so excuse the dumb questions. Could it have something to do with the display? Those that have high display numbers are you using live wallpapers?
    09-26-2011 12:48 AM
    09-26-2011 08:11 AM
    isnt this number sort of relative? i mean i took my phone off the charger about 3 hours ago. havent really used it a whole lot, not more than a minute of two here and there. my battery is at 95% and my android os was up to 70. but considering nothing else was really running and the screen was off so the display number would be low doesnt that have to make android os go that high because out of 100 there is nothing else really draining the battery? if you have the screen off for a long time what else should be taking the battery other than the os? it all has to add up to 100 in the end right?
    09-26-2011 08:54 AM
    @graffix31 Thanks. That's was the basis of my convoluted question. I'm not clear on how others are using the Touch that might cause a shift in what process takes the lion's share of 100%.
    09-26-2011 11:45 AM
    Using phone in a roaming are at work and OS is at 30% when not in roaming at home i was at 10% so maybe it's a roaming issue??
    09-26-2011 12:19 PM
105 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD