Android OS over 60+%

expertzero1

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I have no clue why its over 60% most of the time.

I just rebooted my phone, with beautiful widget running, and its over 60% for the past few days.

I thought it was go launcher, removed it and still presists, battery drained 50% in 8 hours with maybe 10 minutes of 3g data use, and screen brightness at 1% or whatever...

Any ideas why it would be over 60%?

Reactions: pparker

snarf77

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I thought the same

Thought it was launcherpro

did a hard reset but still got horrible drain

Maybe take it back to sprint store?

vinvo

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Mine is currently at 55%, but it has been to 60%. I'm also wondering if I need to return the phone. How long have you guys been getting on a full charge?

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Same here too. I also have beautiful widgets installed. Is this the culprit perhaps?
Currently my battery lasts about 10-11 hours a day with normal usage.

oversteer325

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm around 40% but have still had extremely good battery life. I'm just asuming that all the other functions are more power efficient which makes the AndroidOS artificially inflated since it is a percentage of a percentage.

Ricolando

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I've gotten double digit percentages as well for android os, but battery life is stellar so it's more of an annoyance as to why this occurs rather than a major concern for me.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch

chill.117

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Same here too. I also have beautiful widgets installed. Is this the culprit perhaps?
Currently my battery lasts about 10-11 hours a day with normal usage.
I also have beautiful widgets installed, maybe this is what's wrong. I thought it might have been the applications manager widget but I uninstalled that and the problem is still going on, I guess I'll try beautiful widgets next.

I hope it's not the problem though, especially because it's a paid app....

chill.117

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's beautiful widgets.... Now the only thing i can think of is wifi, because i'm either at school or home all day, and i just keep wifi on the entire time

Mitalis

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I too have Beautiful Widgets installed and have noticed this as well. I'm only using it since the AccuWeather widget doesn't properly update my current location.

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Today has been pretty good for me. 8 hours off the charger and still at 70%. OS usage was down to 35% or so. I did have WiFi off earlier but I've turned it on again since I am home. Didn't realise it was off. I'll keep an eye on the remainder of the battery to see if WiFi is the culprit.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
When I first got the phone on launch day I experienced this. Now it only gets up to 17%. I do not have beautiful widgets installed. Can't think of a reason why it changed suddenly. Maybe it was the battery pull I did on Sunday, idk

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic longest phone name in the world Touch 4G

earthdog

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
It looks to me that its having WiFi enabled. I have been running 14% after disabling WiFi and then if I enable WiFi it goes back up to 50%+

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I've had wifi on and connected for about an hour and it's still holding at 13%

Sent from my Galaxy 10.1....own one or be owned

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I just turned WIFI on for the first time and I've been seeing usage around 65% so I don't think WIFI has anything to do with it....at least not in my case.

youngjediboy

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok I just shut off and did a battery pull, started up and opened up the battery status and now I see Android OS at 93%!!!! Isn't that extremely abnormal? What's going on?

youngjediboy

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm worried about this now. I checked again and Android OS is still high at 89%. I have wifi, 4G, GPS all off. It's just on regular 3G and looking at Android's Task Manager I don't have any active apps running.
This morning I was at one of my jobs and in 5 hours it's dropped from 100% to about 40%. I only used the phone to check emails a few times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781