Screen unusable while connected to AC charger!!

mikzx0r01

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure its not the phone. I've used the usb cable connected to a laptop/pc and my phone worked fine. And to make sure, ive borrowed my sister's nexus charger and it worked there too. It's the damn adapter!

NGL_BrSH

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
It wasn't doing it on my original e4gt but my original had some screen issues with horizontal bars.. so i swapped it out with a new one. My new one acts crazy on the stock charger. So i went back and took my old charger that worked fine and plugged it into this phone.. it still acts crazy with the charger that worked fine on my first one. SO.. I really really dont' want to reinstall all the apps and customize it all again. I'm going to see if someone comes up with a work aroudn for this and in the meantime use my old 700mah LG charger which seems to not make the phone go crazy.

aquaholik

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
For this problem to manifest, your device should have very little juice. For example, if you connect your device to charger when it has near full battery, your device likely wont exhibit this problem. I just got a replacement epic, and charged it fully, and then tested it for screen issue - no issue was present, but then when juice got down to 25%, I connected it to charger, and sure enough my replacement epic also does the same thing. So make sure you test your devices when they are low on juice.

I think you are absolutely correct. The stock charger basically sucks. Even when the phone has more juice than 25%, the touchscreen is not fully responsive. Tried a different charger when the phone has less than 25% and my touchscreen works just fine.

My wife's phone was down to 5% and I tested your theory. ALL FOUR STOCK CHARGERS cause touchscreen issue. Tried the Iphone and Touchpad and Kodak Playsport charger and got no issue. Tried my 70% charged phone and while the touch screen is still usable, it is not 100% responsive like the other chargers.

Everyone needs to test this so we can initiate a recall. I just might start another thread to make it more visible.

pushdrops

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
using ours Wi-Fi only as canceled sprint due to slow network speeds, noticed this for the first time today, stock charger AC, screen became unresponsive, power and volume controls were fine, Google listen podcast continued to play but the screen, even lock screen was unresponsive .

powered down, restarted, problem persisted, came back few minutes later was fine.

perhaps intermittent issue?

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I think you are absolutely correct. The stock charger basically sucks. Even when the phone has more juice than 25%, the touchscreen is not fully responsive. Tried a different charger when the phone has less than 25% and my touchscreen works just fine.

My wife's phone was down to 5% and I tested your theory. ALL FOUR STOCK CHARGERS cause touchscreen issue. Tried the Iphone and Touchpad and Kodak Playsport charger and got no issue. Tried my 70% charged phone and while the touch screen is still usable, it is not 100% responsive like the other chargers.

Everyone needs to test this so we can initiate a recall. I just might start another thread to make it more visible.

I guess you are right in that everyone needs to test it. I have read many people saying that they dont have issue with their epic touches, but I guess they are testing them with full charge. I am no EE, but when charge is full, current stops flowing to the device from the charger. But when its low on juice, current is flowing into the device at rate of 1Ah. So when there is no current inflow, the problem goes away, but when current inflow in high, AND stock charger is being used, problem comes up. I dont have another 1Ah charger lying around, so cant test it with that, but screen works fine with my other 700mAh charger. So it maybe some firmware issue, or stock charger is definitely needs to be replaced. Samsung basically owes us a software update to fix the issue at the very least, and/or recall/replace our stock wall chargers if they have to. Do start a new thread, maybe put a poll as well, and ask everyone to test their device at multiple charge levels. Or let me know and I can do it.

cpuOahu

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I needed to go into a corporate Sprint store today for something else, but told the technician about this issue. He didn't even ask me any questions. He turned around, grabbed a different type of Samsung charger, handed it to me, and said, "Try this." I said, "So you already know about this?" He nodded. I tried the new charger, it worked fine, and asked if he wanted my old one. He just said, "No, you've got two now."

dev2nsu

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Yea mines acts funny when I charge it too. But when it is fully charged I don't have a problem. I will be going to the sprint store to switch out my charger

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
It's not the charger. Happens to me regardless of which charger I use and I have about 5. Doesn't matter if the phone is charged or not either.

I've just gotten used to not using it when it's plugged in. I'm going the spare battery route instead.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Are folks using recompiled kernels?

I've heard of this problem from many people but never personally experienced it.

I'm rooted, using the stock charger and stock kernel (ie pulled kernel)

tygger27

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
When I use the HTC charger that came with Evo 3d, the ET4G works fine.

And the ET4G charger has no ill-effects on my Evo 3d. Seems like the ET4G is sensitive to chargers.

slschmidt76

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The same thing happened to me but it only does it on the Samsung chrger that came with the phone. I can use any other AC charger and use the phone just fine.....Crazy!

joshrocker

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I've had this problem also and it practically makes the phone unusable while charging. It doesn't happen every time and I've seen no rhyme or reason for it. I'll try my palm pre charger and see if it happens again. hopefully Samsung has something in this works for this.

sfvosbury

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. If I disable JuiceDefender, it seems to go away. Also, unplugging the phone from the stock OEM charger makes the problems go away instantaneously. I also bought the $18 Desktop Dock and Car Dock Deal for the Infuse 4G for AT&T and havent experienced any problems with that charger. It's .7 amps and the Epic Touch charger is 1 amp.

kgzero

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Also have the same problem :mad:, don't always notice it, but I am randomly switching between my old Pre charger and the stock samsung one. My wife has the same one, but we only use the charger form the box of my phone and pre charger. Will have to start paying attention to when it happens and with which charger. Also time to take out the other samsung charger. Will let you guys know what happens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital